Let us all poop in the bushes instead of in the water. The sea, our primary food source, will thank

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 03:13 pm
Let us all poop in the bushes instead of in the water. The sea, our primary food source, will thank us.

All human waste should be used to make arable land instead of killing our primary food and cooling source. The sea.

Funny as it may sound, the wold has been producing arable land from animal waste forever. We lose that benefit by pumping our human waste into the sea.

A sea that will cost us trillions and impoverish many in the next 25 years, as it rises and forces us to spend trillions on infrastructure.

Add in the trillions that the wars that famines create and you have a depression style of life. All in the next 25 odd years. Happy days?

And all of this happens as the world population increases to its estimated plateau of 10 billion people, who will need to burn even more fossil fuels and add even more to global weather carnage.

I think we all suffer from a case of collective insanity.

A good reversal of that would be a collective protecting of our primary food source and create more arable land to feed the hordes of bodies that we will have to sustain. Human food needs fertilizing and human waste makes a great fertilizer after it becomes arable land.

Let us all poop in the bushes instead of in the water. I mean pump our sewage onto land of course.

This short link leads to a longer one that all should view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSjE8xw_-Dg

Regards
DL

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 04:47 pm
Let us leave burning sacks of dootie on our neighbors' porches.
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 04:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
let's, especially if they are full of one or another of the many pathogens
roger

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 05:01 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Tulsa used to fertilize it's parks with composted sewer sledge. The only things that survived the process were hair and tomato seeds.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 05:03 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

let's, especially if they are full of one or another of the many pathogens

Thus, the cleansing fire. Smile
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 05:10 pm
@roger,
I remember sewer sludge being used, and am not at all sure sure I'm against it. It's poop on a doorstep I'm against. Sewer sludge may have some treatment, just a guess, or some timing. Don't trust me, I don't know the details.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 05:36 pm
A glass of water full of poop has as many pathogens as dooty in a sack.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 08:09 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I just looked this up -

http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2010/10/sewage-sludge-as-fertilizer-safe/#.WR-i5VKLHs0

http://www.prwatch.org/news/2014/01/12359/whole-foods-agrees-stop-selling-produce-grown-sewage-sludge

http://www.sludgenews.org/about/sludgenews.aspx?id=5

After skimming all this, I get it that it is treated in the processing.

Me - more reasons to garden.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 08:32 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Not all countries have the luxury of efficient waste disposal. One of the more famous in this regard is India.
http://www.aroundtheworldl.com/2013/10/27/smells-india/
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 08:33 pm
To say nothing of the benefits of an inland sea.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 06:48 am
@ossobucotemp,
One of our local waste water treatment plants mixes it's​ "biosolids" (treated poop) with collected yard waste and composts it. Excellent compost and does wonders in the garden.

Another of the local treatment plants USED to spread the treated biosolids onto fields the same way farmer's use chicken and pig litter. Lobbiests convinced the state government that this practice was responsible for an increase in phosphorus in the rivers and banned it. Of course, raw and untreated chicken and pig litter is still okay.
ekename

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 10:45 pm
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
Let us all poop in the bushes instead of in the water. The sea, our primary food source, will thank us.

What are your plans for getting the denizens of the deep to show a little restraint with their alimentary canals?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 11:07 pm
A popular place to poop, where no plumbing exists. Just dig a deep hole under it.
https://eogn.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/outhouse.jpg
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 12:09 am
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2017 02:23 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Tulsa used to fertilize it's parks with composted sewer sledge. The only things that survived the process were hair and tomato seeds.

Many locations have found better ways to use their refuse and sewer sludge as well as the more raw sewage. FMPOV, anything is better than killing our oceans and prime food source.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2017 02:28 pm
@tibbleinparadise,
tibbleinparadise wrote:

One of our local waste water treatment plants mixes it's​ "biosolids" (treated poop) with collected yard waste and composts it. Excellent compost and does wonders in the garden.

Another of the local treatment plants USED to spread the treated biosolids onto fields the same way farmer's use chicken and pig litter. Lobbiests convinced the state government that this practice was responsible for an increase in phosphorus in the rivers and banned it. Of course, raw and untreated chicken and pig litter is still okay.

Let me guess that the chemical fertilizer lobby was involved in hampering the use of natural fertilizers.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2017 02:32 pm
@ekename,
ekename wrote:

Quote:

What are your plans for getting the denizens of the deep to show a little restraint with their alimentary canals?

No need to worry about that as so many of those canals are plugged with our discarded plastics.

Have you seen the documentary, which title I have forgotten, of the carnage done to animals just from our Pacific vortex? Millions upon millions.

Regards
DL
0 Replies