How do I stir up the Cambridge Philosophy budget scoffers?

Ethel2

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 10:16 am
thank you spendi. I'll have to see all my a2k friends later.

Have a nice day! Razz
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 06:11 am
Lola:-

Why do you personalise these threads by meetings?

One of the problems with philosophy departments is that personal relations start interfering with the philosophy.It is more or less impossible to debate philosophically with people there is ANY emotional contact with.One soon gets into avoiding areas which one suspects are personally sensitive and that,I'm afraid,is the end of philosophy.Areas that are not sensitive are not worth debating.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 10:41 am
One cannot avoid personal relations with others. But one should not allow those relationships to interfere with logical argument.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 05:38 am

As my post pointed out it is unavoidable.Maybe you are not quite aware of how sensitive some logical arguments can get.

Obviously I agree that personal relationships are necessary but they do not fit in with philosophy.It is the same with psychiatric treatment surely.One cannot remain objective,allowing for objectivity being possible at all,which some say it is not,when friendship is a factor.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 08:59 am
Does anybody have an idea of what the cutting-edge thinking from the Cambridge Philosophy Department consists of.

Us poor downtrodden taxpayers who keep it mucked and foddered are not getting bangs for bucks as things stand.For all we know they could be swilling the port and playing pool all day and laughing at us.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 09:21 am
I suspect that is exactly what they do. But not knowing them limits the amount of speculation I can do.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 09:38 am

Your suspicion,a speculation,is based on your knowledge of men who live off the fat of the land with nobody keeping track of what they are up to.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 09:43 am
That would be GW
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 10:07 am

Was that Mr Bush you referred to.Your democratically elected president don't you know.
Democracy is a system of government which ensures the election of Mr Bush.How's that for a definition.Mr Bush would agree with it I'm pretty sure.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 10:18 am
I'm pretty sure too. But your CPD members were not elected. They are simply ensconced.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 10:24 am

I thought we were going to have fun trying to de-ensconce the blighters.That's were you came in.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 10:33 am

I gather you are tagged so I might as well blow.
When a lady gets tagged blokes union rules come in.Let me know when you're tag free.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 10:35 am
I'm tag free.......I am. But I know you have to go now. See you later, Spendi.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 10:39 am

One more.Indulge me.I'm only a modern little William.

Take it easy with the definition free zones.

Bye.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 11:05 am
I'll try not to do it again. I fear I am clutz about such things. But I don't think my heart is hard.

See you tomorrow.

Love not, least thou be loved.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 11:07 am
but I'm afraid I don't know what "tagged" means. I'm just a poor girl, born and raised in a barn in Texas.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 06:02 am

Tagged came in on one of those politics threads where I sometimes have to chase you to.Tico I think but not certain.

Here they tag criminals they let out of the slammer early with an electronic device on their leg.Do you not have it?

I did an unposted post a while back on girls who flee their roots.I might resuscitate it now you reminded me.

See you Monday hopefully.Sweet dreams.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 09:42 am
oh, I see. You thought I would stay "it" for long? I tagged right back. They're tagged now.

Do post your resuscitated unposted post.

In situations of oppression, you get two kinds of fleers. 1. A pavlovian puppy or 2. a woman who learns to think for herself. Of course, no one escapes the influence of their past entirely. So whatever we are fleeing from is in some part what we continue to cling to. But since I am, in part, doomed to repeat, I prefer to use the parody form of repeating. It at least leaves the door open for new discoveries in the outside world.

See you Monday.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 09:34 am

I'm working on a post for the CPD blighters but it isn't ready yet.This is just a trailer.Gird thy loins.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 09:46 am
Gird gird
0 Replies