Krugman dares call it Treason

Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 08:59 am
http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/05/12/paul-krugman-just-accused-entire-republican-party-treason/

“So it’s naive to expect Republicans to join forces with Democrats to get to the bottom of the Russia scandal – even if that scandal may strike at the very roots of our national security,” writes Krugman. “Today’s Republicans just don’t cooperate with Democrats, period. They’d rather work with Vladimir Putin….In fact, some of them probably did.”

The Dailykos.com puts it bluntly: “Krugman believes that the Republican leadership’s willingness to turn a blind eye to possible treason reflects that Party’s transformation in recent decades into an organization solely dedicated to the lowering of taxes for its multi-millionaire donor base. Trump’s attempt to destroy the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) simply provided an irresistible opportunity fo the party to fulfill that prime function.”

“Everything else – including the risk of undermining the integrity of our Constitutional government – has become secondary to that overriding imperative,” adds Dailykos.com.
Krugman drives home the point that this poisonous treason to ensure the rich get richer is not just because Trump was elected by a few electoral college votes; it is part of the transformation of the Republicans into a party that openly and blatantly favors the rich over everyone else.

“It’s time to face up to the scary reality here,” concludes Krugman. “Most people realize, I think, that Donald Trump holds basic American political values in contempt. What we need to realize is that much of his party shares that contempt.”
What this means is that even if Trump were to disappear, the party that nominated and elected him president remains, and their traitorous leadership and cabal of followers will continue to hold power until the American people wake up on election day and renounce their lies, trickery, and deceptions.

Only then will the Republican party be forced to reform itself – and the democratic system can be restored to balance.

Amerian politicians from both sides of the aisle used to fight like hell during elections but then come together to do what is best for America and all its people. We either get back to that, or we all learn to say ‘yes, master Putin” in Russian.

coluber2001

Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 09:33 am
Save
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 08:03 pm
https://scontent.fhou1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18425088_1831169690227334_8189797761460002377_n.jpg?oh=cde8adcb35a427ba16d250895ebc3be4&oe=59BC1275
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 09:48 am
@edgarblythe,
I suspect I could find a column by a conservative that declared that Obama and the Democrat leadership held American political values in contempt, and I wouldn't be surprised if the writer was as admired by conservatives as Krugman is admired by liberals. It's harsh criticism but not beyond the pale in what amounts to civil discourse in this nation.

I very much doubt though that the same conservative columnist or any other of equal standing has or would stoop so low as to suggest that the Democrat leadership and most of those they lead are traitors, strongly enough that a conservative source similar to the DailyKos and I would, like Benjamin Locke and you, interpret the comments made to be an actual accusation of treason.

Apparently Krugman, Locke and perhaps you, are too ignorant to realize what the Republican leadership realized when Trump fired Comey: It wouldn't put an end to the congressional investigations or, for that matter, the FBI investigation.

Now maybe Trump was ignorant too and thought that firing Comey would end the investigation. I doubt it, but if he did, he learned quickly enough that it would not and that it probably prompted the appointment of a Special Counsel.

Locke laments that there was a time when the two sides could come together in an article in which he accuses Republicans of being traitors. That's pretty rich.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 10:49 am
Anyone who assumes that Trump is ignorant, and doesn't know the authority and responsibilities of his office, would be justified, and Trump has provided the evidence of that in the short time he has been in the office.

Anyone who would assume that Mr. Obama was similarly ignorant, and didn't know the authority and responsibilities of his office would be a fool, and very likely motivated by partisan prejudice. Just last summer, in fact, Mr. Obama observed to a journalist who was harassing him: "Look, I'm not the king." Mr. Trump apparently didn't get that memo.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 10:50 am
Why the Koch Brothers are coming to Trump's rescue
https://tytnetwork.com/2017/05/22/why-are-the-koch-brothers-riding-to-trumps-rescue/
McGentrix

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 09:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Thank gawd for that.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 04:37 am
@McGentrix,
It's only until they get their rich man's rewards. Then the scenario throws Trump under the bus.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 06:03 am
@edgarblythe,
Well, after 8 years he will have served his purpose.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 08:52 am
@McGentrix,
The article shows Trump getting the works after they get theirs.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 11:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
I agree with TYT on somethings, but politics is not one.

0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 01:45 am
@edgarblythe,
Please tell me specifically one improper thing that any member of the Trump team said to any Russian person. Just to be clear, "might have said" doesn't count.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 04:33 am
@Brandon9000,
You're not the boss of me.
maporsche

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 10:02 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Please tell me specifically one improper thing that any member of the Trump team said to any Russian person. Just to be clear, "might have said" doesn't count.

Brandon...le'ts make a bet. The stakes are whomever loses can no longer post on this site using our current names.

The bet is "Not one single member of Trumps team spoke to anything improper to Russian person as discovered and reported by the FBI's investigation." My side is that at least 1 person in Trumps team spoke improperly to a Russian person. Your side is that not even a single person did.

You up for it?
McGentrix

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 01:42 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Brandon...le'ts make a bet. The stakes are whomever loses can no longer post on this site using our current names.

The bet is "Not one single member of Trumps team spoke to anything improper to Russian person as discovered and reported by the FBI's investigation." My side is that at least 1 person in Trumps team spoke improperly to a Russian person. Your side is that not even a single person did.

You up for it?

Quote:
"Not one single member of Trumps team spoke to anything improper to Russian person as discovered and reported by the FBI's investigation."

Define "improper" please. Do you mean illegal? Immoral (by who's standard?)?

Webster says:
Quote:

Definition of improper:
a : not in accord with fact, truth, or right procedure : incorrect improper inference
b : not regularly or normally formed or not properly so called
c : not suited to the circumstances, design, or end improper medicine
d : not in accord with propriety, modesty, good manners, or good taste improper language

Which improper are you using? It can be pretty vague and open to interpretation.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 25 May, 2017 12:42 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
You're not the boss of me.

Never said I was, but it is typical when someone is asserting something in a public forum, as you appear to be, that the person is asked to and willing to provice an argument supporting his position. Apparently, you cannot.
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 25 May, 2017 12:44 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

You up for it?

No thanks. I take it from your response that you are presently unable to give any example of such an improper statement. If you are able to, please do so.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 25 May, 2017 04:34 am
@Brandon9000,
The years have proven that you accept no evidence from people if it does not support your position. I vowed years ago to not engage.
maporsche

Reply Thu 25 May, 2017 07:05 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

maporsche wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

You up for it?

No thanks. I take it from your response that you are presently unable to give any example of such an improper statement. If you are able to, please do so.

Don't worry Brandon...we'll have 9 separate investigations into the Russia thing and in the end we'll either know something or we won't. Doesn't effect my life much either way. I've got to empty the garbage, do the dishes, put in a full day at work, and get to have beers with friends later. Nothing else much matters...
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 26 May, 2017 02:30 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
The years have proven that you accept no evidence from people if it does not support your position. I vowed years ago to not engage.

This is just a smokescreen for the fact that you can offer no evidence to support your position. You seek to redirect the discussion from the topic to the poster. You wish to be able to claim anything whatsoever and be freed from the burden of offering evidence.