Why can I not get over him?

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 04:39 pm
I actually feel kind of pathetic for asking such a blunt question to people I don't even know- but I've become desperate to get over him.
So we dated for over a year before ending things on a mutual agreement, and we're still really good friends now.

Things ended because of lack of communication, constant arguing and just petty things from the both of us.

We still talk daily, and I haven't stopped loving him as much as I did when we split up 8 months ago. I've been on several dates with other guys, nothing more than a first date, and all I could think of was how much I would rather be with my ex. I don't even know why I like him so much- he's annoying, childish and embarrassing. But at the same time I can't imagine myself being with anyone else... Of course there are many wonderful things about him too, like his sense of humour, intelligence and sweet attitude.

My friends hate him, so I can't talk to them about it. I just want to get over him- I don't want to go through it all again.

I'm sorry for how much I wrote, I'm just argrivated at myself and this whole situation. So my question is- why do I still like him and how can I get over him?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 461 • Replies: 4

jespah

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 04:50 pm
@Lacie2012,
Lacie2012 wrote:

We still talk daily...

Stop doing that, and it'll be a lot easier to get over him.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 05:05 pm
@Lacie2012,
You're stuck on him because he's familiar and available. Mentally you are still "with" him because you are physically still in constant contact. As suggested, stop being in constant contact with him, establish new boundaries that place him squarely in to friend territory, and allow yourself to move on.
0 Replies

Questions240

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 10:22 am
@Lacie2012,
You indicated that there was a lack of communication. Since you still talk with him, maybe finding out about what caused the lack of communication when you dated him will help you to move on. Maybe the relationship can be rekindled, or maybe not. At least, you would have closure. I think that there's a chance he still likes you. If he still talks to you on a daily basis, maybe he still likes you, too. Maybe figuring out where you all went wrong will help to make it right. If not, maybe it will help you to move on.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 16 May, 2017 06:00 am
Pity love.

0 Replies