The political genius of George W. Bush

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 12:52 pm
The political genius of George W. Bush

Democrats have much to weigh as they look to 2008

Quote:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Whether you are a Democrat, a Republican or an independent, it is hard not to look at President Bush's re-election victory last week and conclude that he is probably one of the three or four most talented politicians of the last half of a century.

Continued...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,646 • Replies: 67
No top replies

Einherjar

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 01:12 pm
I found a lie in the article:

Quote:
Rove not the only reason
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 01:32 pm
Are you allowed out after dark? Political genius? The election was won by 3%!

Bush is a liar and a very sick man. Shame on America for voting for him. Or did it? A friend from FL says the figures do not add up. Taking FL county by county, 100% of the registered Republicans, 75% of the registered Democrats and 81% of the independents would have had to have voted for bushwushie to yield the results this election did.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 01:33 pm
Coming soon from the same author...

"The Marketing Genius Of New Coke"
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 01:40 pm
Then again, considering the inferior product, I suppose someone deserves credit for the marketing...
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 02:02 pm
"...three or four most talented politicians of the last half of a century"?

Who would his peers be?

Puppet dictators, all... dancing to the music of the covert Ops spooks that pull the strings.

Other than the arrogant strutting and preening, the ballooning national debt, and the polarization of our society... I can think of no other notable accomplishments of the Bush/Cheney cabal.
(Unless you include presiding as the country experienced the most devastating single terrorist act ever perpetrated upon the American people... yep, it happened on GEORGE W's watch... lest we forget... )
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 04:56 pm
Ill wait for the video.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 04:59 pm
farmerman wrote:
Ill wait for the video.

south park style with Mr. Garrison as Cheney.....because bush is obviously Mr. Hat.....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 05:49 pm
Well Mr Heyuut, we just have to insert our .......ohhhh yeeaahhh.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 06:20 pm
http://cagle.slate.msn.com/working/041102/matson.gif
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 07:30 pm
I've always wanted a vegetarian for a president. Well, you are what you eat.

Call any vegetable; call it by name
Call one today; when you get off the train
Call any vegetable; and the chances are good
That the vegetable will respond to you

(Some people don't go for prunes... I don't know,
I've always found that if they...)

Call any vegetable; Pick up your phone
Think of a vegetable, lonely at home
Call any vegetable; and the chances are good
That the vegetable will respond to you

Rutabaga, rutabaga, rutabaga, rutabay-y-y-y-y...

(A prune isn't really a vegetable... CABBAGE is a vegatable..)

No one will know if you don't want to let them know
No one will know 'less it's you that might tell them so

Call and they'll come to you
Smiling and covered with dew
Vegetables dream, vegetables dream
Vegetables dream, of responding to you

Standing there shiny and proud by your side
Holding your joint while the neighbors decide
Why is a vegetable something to hide/

(A lot of people don't bother about their friends in the vegetable kingdom.
They think: Oh, ah, what can I say? What can a person like myself say
to a vegetable? But the answer is simple, my friends: Just call, and tell
them how you feel about muffins...pumpkins...wax paper... Caledonia,
Mahoganies, elbows... green things in general... and soon, a new rapport...
You and your new little green and yellow buddies, grooving together...
Oh, no! Maintaining your cool together! Worshipping together in the
Church of your choice... (only in America...)

Call any vegetable; call it by name
You gotta call one today
When you get off the train

Call any vegetable,
And the chances are good
WOW! That the vegetable will respond to you

(Oh, no! Can you see them responding? That pumpkin is breathing hard...
h-h-h-h-h-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-HHHHHHHHHHHH!! (What a pumpkin...))"
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 12:04 am
I agree with the basic premise of this thread. Bush is a skilled politician and the team he has behind him are skilled in politics.

It's important to be able to mentally separate the policies from the political tactics to understand how the process works.

Regardless of what one thinks of the Bush team, they play the politics game skillfully.

Bush is not nearly the complete package politician as Clinton was, or as Blair is. But he is a skillful politician nonetheless.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 01:15 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
Regardless of what one thinks of the Bush team, they play the politics game skillfully.

Some people I went to school with were really good at sport. But they beat people like me up in the changing rooms, so who cares if they were good at sport? They were wankers!

What's the point in ackkowledging that Bush is good at getting people to vote for him? It's a waste of time even thinking about it, because Bush is a moron, that's all that's important.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 01:24 am
agrote wrote:

What's the point in ackkowledging that Bush is good at getting people to vote for him?

Understanding of the process and understanding of what can get someone you would find more palatable in the White House.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:00 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
agrote wrote:

What's the point in ackkowledging that Bush is good at getting people to vote for him?

Understanding of the process and understanding of what can get someone you would find more palatable in the White House.

meh.

Maybe I'd just rather whine about Bush winning - but I guess that's even more useless.
0 Replies

tigerifictiger

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 10:23 pm
I saw the CNN article that started the thread - that Bush has won 3 of the closest races in recent memory other politicians would have lost - it was a compelling point - agree with Craven's point about the process over the substance.
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 10:38 pm
Craven, I have really thought since the days of Abuzz and Raven's Realm, that you were a brilliant guy for one so young!!

I would have never thought you would believe that using tactics as bad as Nixon & co., was the making of a "good politician", or a skilled candidate.

It does not make me popular to think so, but I believe GWBush HAS NOT been "elected" by the voters at ANY time. I think his team of 'slime bags' have stolen the election both times, and that does not take "skill". That requires criminal tactics.
And while being a successful 'criminal' that does not 'get caught'- could be loosely called skill, that is not the word I would use.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 12:14 am
9/11 was the best thing that ever happened to bush....without it he would have been **** with an approval rate in the low 40's if that.

So the question is does taking advantage of a nation that has been scared shitless, playing on that fear and using it to win an election combined with appeqaling to the lowest common denominator on "moral issues" for the same purpose make one a skillful politician or an opportunisitic thug? Cunning does not equate with intelligence predator animals are cunning.....
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 01:48 am
Bippie addresses the salient point... how CONVENIENT 9/11 was....

A "Think-tank" focused upon manipulation of public confidence could NOT have come up with anything superior.
Accident, co-incidendence, or "Tri-fecta"... it's all a little TOO convenient.

BURN that Reichstag!

Do YOU really think that the Cabal is NOT complicit?

( Wanna buy a bridge in Brooklyn?)

If we ignore the patent and obvious, we are just complicent and complacent fools.

I'd hate for history to remember America that way... but THAT ship has sailed.
(!!!)

America must learn to look at the BIG picture, just like the multi-national corporations do (Exxon, Halliburton, etc. ) and weigh these thing from the perspective of "Cui bono" ("Who benefits...")

Alas, most Americans are TOO parochial to look at things so multi-dimensionally.... we're too worried about homos getting a tax break along with the wealththiest... or that Susie might NOT bear the cheap labor/cannon fodder of the next generation...

America, we're seeing the biggest con-artists since the Witch-burning generation...

IF we choose to remnain ignorant of that reality...

We DESERVE what we get.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 01:54 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
I agree with the basic premise of this thread. Bush is a skilled politician and the team he has behind him are skilled in politics.

It's important to be able to mentally separate the policies from the political tactics to understand how the process works.

Bush is not nearly the complete package politician as Clinton was, or as Blair is. But he is a skillful politician nonetheless.

I totally disagree with your assertion that Bush is a skilled politician. His team of handlers, speech writers and P.R. guys--yes, they are brilliant. They have kept him almost completely out of any situation where he is forced to answer any question off the cuff. Just about every word you hear from him is scripted, and he almost never holds press conferences. And when his answers aren't given to him, most of the time he comes off looking like a buffoon. A buffoon with heart, but still, a buffoon.

The only way you can see Bush as a brilliant politician is if you give the collective effort of the people around him the name "George Bush". In that sense, then I agree, "George Bush" is a brilliant politician.
0 Replies