Does it mean I am unattractive if a guy has never asked for my number?

pindie

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 11:03 am
A guy has never asked for my number but I hear it happens to other women. Does this mean I am unattractive? It has never happened to me. Guys only stare or compliment me.

tibbleinparadise

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 11:27 am
@pindie,
Short answer is "no".

Do guys (or girls) even ask for numbers anymore? I thought it was Kik and Snapchat now. Anyways, maybe you don't give off a "hit on me" sort of vibe. Your body language can say a lot. How do you reply if a guy pays you a compliment? I mean, if you give him the "**** off" eyes, he probably isn't going to try for your number. If you look a little nervous, mess with your hair, and say thank you, it comes across as more approach-able.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 12:47 pm
@pindie,
How often do you ask a guy for his number? Does that mean they are unattractive?

(I am serious, you should ask guys you find attractive for their number).
0 Replies

perennialloner

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 01:36 pm
You should know that it's quite rare for a guy to go up and ask a woman (or man I presume), whom he has never before spoken to, for her number. Generally, some connection, a brief exchange at least, has occurred. You cannot expect men to see you and immediately ask for your number. So if you aren't talking to men, you should probably start talking to them if you want to increase your chances.

There're also a lot of reasons why a guy may not ask for your number even if he wants to. I don't know if you use public transportation, but I do, and sometimes I'll sit next to someone who'll ask for my number. Personally, I don't think it's good practice, since I cannot escape unwanted advances while on the bus. The best I can do is fend them off. And I think most guys consider stuff like that, though who knows.

Many people don't ask out people who they think will reject them. If your interest in someone is not obvious, this might contribute to why he hasn't asked for your number.

I don't believe that anyone is objectively unattractive. Not everyone will find you attractive, but that's true for everyone. If you said unattractive to mean physically ugly, then you should know that beauty is a quality, one that the vast majority of people place a ridiculous amount of importance on. But you have so many qualities. I'd suggest you give all of them their due recognition instead of focusing so intently on just one. It'll only make you unhappy and insecure.
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 11:49 pm
@pindie,
If it were me I'd just smile, wink and touch him but I'm all over guys.

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 06:15 am
@pindie,
I don't know I never saw you, besides, I am biased towards my wife...
0 Replies