What's your marital status?

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 04:12 am
Edit (Moderator): Moved from General to Relationships & Marriage

Following in the fine tradition of...

Grand Duke's Location Poll

Phoenix's Age Poll

Husker's Height Poll

If you haven't yet voted in any of the above, please do so.

...I'd like to find out more about A2Kers' marital status - there is a reason for this but I'm keeping quiet about for the moment. If, like Frank, you can't find an exact match, then just use your judgement. This is not for any sinister purposes! (Gautam)

Post whatever you fancy!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,983 • Replies: 62
No top replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 04:15 am
Me? I'm terminally single.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 04:40 am
Married once...divorced about 5 years later.

Met Nancy, my current better-half, on a blind date about 23 years ago. We moved in together within a year and have been together ever since.

We often introduce each other as "my wife" or "my husband"...but we have never asked any church or governmental agency to ratify our commitment to each other. So we are not officially married.

I really cannot find an appropriate reponse up in your poll, Duke.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 04:42 am
I want to know the reason for this poll first. Is GD setting up a dating agency and doing market research ?? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 05:01 am
Frank - I was considering an option for 'co-habiting' but decided the whole thing would get too messy with too many other categories needing to be added. From what you've said, re-married is good enough from my purposes. Thanks very much for replying. And I'm ghlad that you are happy enough with the way your relationship is to never feel the need to re-marry and 'make it official'. As long as it suits you both - why bother?

Gautam - I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you... Nah, seriously, once the replies have hit a certain level, I'll let everyone into my idea. But trust me, it's not so I can start a dating agency, and it's probably not as exciting as I may have made it sound! Any why haven't you voted?
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 05:04 am
Frank, I guess you're "dating" by GD's standard poll answers. In Sweden it would be called SAMBO, which is short for living together, or co-hab. In Germany it'd be a wild marriage!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 05:07 am
Wild marriage, oxymoron.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 05:10 am
Blame it on the germans, joe...
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 05:53 am
happy marriage .........oxymoron

I love the germans, you can practically blame everything on them, and nobody cares
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 06:30 am
married with 5 years old daughter. Happy marriage if you consider the fact that there are no fairy tales in real life.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 06:32 am
First time- married 4 years.......a total disaster.

Second time 37+ years..........Think that I am beginning to get things right! Laughing
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 08:01 am
Odd Socks wrote:
I love the germans, you can practically blame everything on them, and nobody cares

<muffled guffaw>
0 Replies

IrisDawn

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:32 am
I'm going through the big D and don't mean Dallas
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:48 am
Me..

Married twice. The first marriage I was 19... it lasted 6 mos. That is how long it took me to sober up from all the boose >sigh< bad story.

This time,
I met my husband while I was on vacation in Austin. I lived in New mexico at the time . I came to Austin to see an old school friend. He was her boyfriends best friend.
Byt he end of my 3 days vacation he and i both said, it is time for one of us to move. With in a month, I moved to Austin and we married. We just had our first / only child 8 mos ago.
That was some years ago.. Happily married. I am.
:-)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 10:00 am
I have been in all of the categories above.
But currently, I am happily married.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 10:08 am
I just celebrated my 15th anniversary. We lived together for 5 years before we married. I've spent nearly half of my life with Mr. B. So far, so good!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 10:09 am
I never wanted to be married and never wanted children.....I've been married 5 times and I have 5 children....that I know of <<<hitches up pants and swaggers away>>>>

Man proposes.... God disposes....
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 10:11 am
Frank, that's so sweet. Does your state have some common law about you two being married b/c of how long you guys have lived together?

Anyway, this thread was calling my name. I'm always dying to post something wedding related.

*tongue*

Only 163 more days.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 10:11 am
Very happily married.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 10:32 am
Joahaeyo wrote:
Frank, that's so sweet. Does your state have some common law about you two being married b/c of how long you guys have lived together?

Nope...no common law thing at all.
0 Replies