Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 04:27 am
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 05:53 am
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 06:20 am
..a fragile poor defense of Philosophy in a time where Science is knee-deep into philosophical arguments...there was never so much Philosophy going on in Science departments all over the world. The irony!
I don't give a rats azz to what you are calling your work being about...call it Science all you want but 90% of it is Philosophy and if you don't understand why then you already lost any chance of getting closer to the truth...
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2020 06:22 am
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2020 06:28 am
I've been all my life against racism but this lecture is some new level of bullshit.
...yes we know the boundaries are blurred we know adaptation to different environments is not quite comparable, not at least in simple terms, and above all diversity is GOOD, but heck Darwinism and natural selection are a fact. Neanderthals, a species, were wiped out because they couldn't perform against us Cro-Magnon, (yes I know we have some percentage of Neanderthal DNA so spare me the correction) and speciation goes through several steps that start with "race" or subspecies if you prefer.
Well, lets cut short, in sum, be scientific both ways. I understand the need to correct simple-minded analysis of speciation processes both in Biology and culture, I agree we must fight the monochromatic approach to what constitutes good adaptation, but just don't twist and distort and blur well-established facts. Darwin awards happen everyday in all "races".

While we are at it and because I can play both ways lets just remind ourselves of idiocracy shall we, 66% of the population no matter the "race" is unfit to think and most adapted to follow orders even irrational or immoral ones, are you reminded of the fake electric shock test to detect psychopaths in the 60's? Yeah, 66% no matter where they tested from Asia no America will give lethal electric shocks because the boss says so...so cheers to human dumbness in general.

As for cultural fitness yes it exists and yes while is is no simple to discern what constitutes good adaptation we can certainly state that certain cultural outcomes are dead ends....Murika is on the right track on that matter with its ginormous individualistic society and lack of Universal healthcare or economic safety nets...
...sooo no I am not right-winged I am just not dumb. This lecture is by all measures appalling and hugely controversial!

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 7 May, 2020 11:24 pm
I was expecting total bullshit and got surprised with a decent honest trying approach on this one. The design argument is still weak at its fundamentals but the argument got more refined nonetheless. Worth taking a look specially for the classical religious Joe out there.

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 8 May, 2020 09:11 am
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 8 May, 2020 04:12 pm
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 8 May, 2020 04:56 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Truth is it's own...
If it is true that Truth is relative than it is not relative that Relativity is provisional. Truth is reborn like a Phoenix from the aches and unravels its own demise with more truth...
If it is true that Truth is absolute than any relative or subjective experience is an element on the chain of Truth itself which encompasses all but on itself means nothing.
About Truth there is one final thing to say, Illusions are true illusions!
Whatever you do or believe it is itself an expression of Being at some point of what is ultimate Truth! Truth doesn't care. It doesn't deny or assert anything. It IS!
It seams Truth on itself is meaningless and it seems true that all the meaning there is to be gotten is not worth any less. After all, the whole cannot be any less than itself, and the Meaning cannot ask for any more than what it is to be given.
Truth owns contingent Scepticism, it doesn't dissent from it. Truly understanding what that level of abstraction means is an entirely different matter!
There is no correspondence of assertions with facts, there are only facts, including the ignorance about most facts. Corresponding on a personal or collective level of experiencing may or may not point to some kind of provisional knowledge but Truth, capital Truth is in every corner of experience. But and most ironically it is there, especially when you doubt...doubting from doubt is not an option.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 10:01 am
Every time someone sells me eternal life I think of Babels Library and how horrific such eternity would be. A deal with Eternity without forgetfulness is damnation, not salvation...

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 02:20 pm
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 13 May, 2020 12:10 am
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 13 May, 2020 12:45 am
Illusory perceptive states are real too, not artificial nor constructed, although I understand the need to use the metaphor. Mental states are existing states!
The last guy spoke of mental states causing reactions and again he assumes time is fundamental, but there is no good reason to assume time is fundamental as far as Einstein's General Relativity goes. Again get rid of spooky action at a distance and get rid of "emergence", use Occam's Razor not magic. This is not to say of course that the illusion of Time passing by is not real, it is a real phenomenon in the set chain of the phenomenon but not a prime mover. This is to say, there is no move to moving! Moving does not move!
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 13 May, 2020 01:53 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
...yes the argument taken to its last account destroys everything in its path, minds, free will, meaning...and of course the old saying there is no reason to Reason (Order, Ratio). It is! Parmenides got it right all along!
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 02:53 pm
More about dabbling with Set Theory and "God" Ontology (have fun):
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 10:11 pm
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 10:41 pm
0 Replies

yovav

Reply Thu 21 May, 2020 12:56 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Everything is Connected -- Here's How: | Tom Chi | TEDxTaipe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPh3c8Sa37M
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 03:00 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2020 12:53 pm
Hello ya all I am back, it seams I cannot reset my password on the old email after swaping my computer, cant find it anywhere. Had to use my G mail alternative. Those of you who wish to keep following my disgruntling nonsensical passion for "spontaneous philosophising" feel free to follow me on this account now. Have a nice day you all!

Here the video for today:

0 Replies