My documentaries, the documentaries that I recommend

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2020 05:10 pm
Just wow! I thought blackhole but where is the freaking process to get there on this one?
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 02:31 am
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 05:34 pm
Into the Amazon

Teddy Roosevelt and Colonel Rondon explore an unknown river in South America. They endure unimaginable hardships and lives are lost.

"Into the Amazon tells the remarkable story of the journey taken by President Theodore Roosevelt and legendary Brazilian explorer Cândido Rondon into the heart of the South American rainforest to chart an unexplored tributary of the Amazon."

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/into-the-amazon/#part01
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2020 03:52 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2020 01:15 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2020 09:05 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2020 03:24 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2020 05:57 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 03:54 am
Emeritus Richard (the only one worth time of rebuttal) fails to distinguish demigods from brut fact Spinoza style ultimate Reality and have long forgotten Parmenides Being. In the food chain of IQ in the Universe there is no statistical reason to believe that Human beings are necessarily at the top of the intellectual performance realm of possibilities. Following that line of reasoning it is also true that our Reality could be simulated by such demigods. Nonetheless demigods with minds as contingent beings are slaves of fate determinism or perfect correlation if you prefer on the Universal Wave function. In a word Demigods self perception of volition and power over our simulated Universe is itself an illusion subject to Brut Fact BEING.
Again as I stated often in other Closer to Truth occasions a mind is only needed to solve problems or attempting to predict the future in order to avoid suffering or discomfort. That is to mean a mind requires incompleteness to make sense.
By definition the old testament Abrahamic God falls into logical contradictions as such God would not need a mind. No logical space for the personal God.
You are left with just 2 axioms under Occam's razor:
Reality as a whole is a brut fact.
Reality is Ordered including in that order the apparent disorder needed to value the ultimate order it has. It's value is predicated intrinsically in the apparent chaos described classically in the problem of Evil.

There is no value in water if one is no thirsty.
No value in food if one is not hungry.
No value in life if one does not die. (Even if death is more akin to a "great sleep" of your immortal Archés (atomic map and phenomenology) until the "machine" goes round in another turn of the Wheel a Aeon)

0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 02:45 am
A series well worth watching, and in original German s'il vous plait!
Here is the soundtrack:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 06:41 am
A mind is a problem solver machine FIRST and foremost! A perfect being does not REQUIRE a mind!
The ground of all being is a brut fact, and it's Logos is not justified by anything else. That is to mean there is no logic to Logic. One cannot justify the patterns and rules by which the Ultimate Universe exist through anything else. And when I refer to Ultimate Universe I include in it all possible beings and things that have are or will exist! If there is a "God" such being would itself be included in the bedrock of such Ultimate Reality! Ultimate Reality is not compatible with the concept of any freedom let alone free will regarding beings with a mind which must be empirically incomplete by virtue and definition of how a mind functions to start with!
If Robert Lawrence Kuhn is really looking for proper answers I perhaps among many others out there could provide a much better explanation for lots of poorly formulated questions with obscure concepts as axioms than most of the "politically" compromised Theologians or Atheists in the "circle" of intellectual prowess are allowed to explore, after all, I don't have a name or a career to defend! Truth is never found inside a University or a Cathedra (Discipline) much less in a professional job...only the "Amateur" Philosopher can point in such direction because he is not compromised with the System.
But then the amateur often keeps to himself while waving smiling and nodding as the circus unfolds!
On that note I get myself out with the remark that I like wild cards!

0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2020 03:50 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2020 11:20 am
Worth a look:
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 07:41 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2020 01:57 am
farmerman

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2020 02:03 am
@Albuquerque,
hey welcome back. This place is afuster cluck with political opinions (some of them even correct)
Albuquerque

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 08:37 pm
@farmerman,
Hya Farma! Smile
Nice to see you are alive and kicking! I am afraid of asking for some of the others around... hopefully all are well.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 08:41 pm
On the Nature of "God", a sufficiently rational satisfying answer in opposition to decrepit Theology.
Here is my informal quick fix answer to Robert Lawrence Kune in an appalling English but full of nuance:

To the central point, there is no problem of Evil as what we deem "Evil" is a necessary part of the ecosystem that creates value.
One must be hungry in order to satisfy himself.
One must feel pain in order to feel relief and pleasure.
One must DIE in order to value the finite time of your life and also to avoid the madness of Eternity...
In an eternal Heaven how many billions of books would you read until you got fed up? How many movies? How many relations? How many years in order to feel in Hell? A thousand? A Million? A trillion trillion?
Eternity it is to big for any thinking computing machine, to any consciousness. And for a "God" like creature its first priority would be to make himself mortal and get out of Eternal existence.
Obviously the nature of God is more keen to the concept of a Unified pantheistic totality which coheres through contrasts and opposing forces that cycle in a fractal pattern forever much like a Rubik's cube or Einstein block Universe.
"God" is a complete "narrative" of Being and its qualia in a frozen 4D "film", a monolith NECESSARILY not aware of itself but which is the eternal substance of everything possible. God is a "rock" which sustains all space and all time in its own existence not separate from it.
The kind of "God" I believe in is simply resumed in mathematics as a final order of all possible things that exist throughout all time Past, Present, and Future, in Physics coinage the Universal Wave Function or in Set theory the Set of all Sets. A finite close circuit that is qualitatively finite, such that you don't alienate contact through infinite qualities, as my photons are your photons and we can see each other, but quantitatively infinite or circular, as the fractal of all phenomena repeats for all eternity and never stops conting.
Finally and to finish, in that light there is nothing contingent and everything is necessary and perfectly fitted in its spacetime frame which is the perfect one for whatever is the case.
In BEING History itself is Eternal Present and nothing is out of order or out of place. as WHAT IT IS in each time IT IS!
The idea of "Evil" is useful for Biological beings that through incompleteness and awareness experience in epistemic inquiry the multiplicity of conflicts that give Life VALUE! Value out of suffering and relief not a straight dead plain line.
...of course in a closer analysis there is no conflict in Being as the very opposition of forces is the reason that unifies the relation of all objects and agents. God is "Love" not because God is good or bad but because God unifies in contrast and through the contrast "creates"/IS, a valuable meaningful "narrative".

And here is the episode:

0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2020 08:02 pm
This question is yet another obscure question and can be turned around quite easily by asking what are Material things instead? I am sure the experts are not sure either and it's even worse when one asks what Energy really is...information is the new toy in town but I am not sure that clarifies anything either...but oh well, wait, the point is not to defend spiritualism here but rather to ask what is of essence and weather whatever it is can be compatible with any duality that can possibly make sense. Personally I don't think so.
You see, the irony about nowadays scientists speaking of language on holidays as per Wittgenstein did first is that I like language on holidays as it exposes the limits of our own embodied cognitive experience. And no, in case you are wondering I don't think consciousness is any more fundamental as I see no point in an agent that mimics computing and thinking without any free will and with a future already existing somewhere in spacetime. The second irony is to realize that we live in a fantasy and that the fantasy is the point by which reality "worked" on us, not reality per se.
Timeless full fledged Reality has no empirical questions...brut facts do not wonder!

The video:

0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 02:25 am
Watch, rationalize and get use to!
On rare goods on online games:
0 Replies