Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2020 09:39 pm
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 03:22 am
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 04:07 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
indeed lots of old words and misconceptions about what they really mean...

...For one all there is in all time frames is real. Therefore necessary because by definition is all there ever will be and ever was. There is closure and fractals are the best evidence for it.

For a second all we can know about what is real is in experiencing which itself is more primitive than consciousness. Awareness is the Experience of experiencing, again phenomena.

For a third consciousness, itself does not imply free will nor agency, but rather a correlation of phenomena that mirrors awareness of patterns including awareness of epistemological inquiry and its narrative on potential alternative realities and its statistical probabilities limited by the computational power of the inquirer itself which is part of the totality.

The fact of the matter is that whenever we look back all history of phenomenology is one event, not many alternative events. Consciousness is therefore not what it seems. Not free, not causal, but just a correlation of a phenomenal narrative that we call the "physical" the material.

Bottom line, I don't agree either with classical rationalism nor with classical physicalism. Both concepts are obscure when we try to recur to their etymological classical cultural framing.
Consciousness is not free nor causal but rather a deterministic or perfectly correlated flow of necessary awareness of phenomena about phenomena which we then define as physical or real.

What we have is the Experience of experiencing rather than the experiencing of experience. The phenomena are the Noumena and complexity, all the complexity precedes the simplicity. This is why the idea of "emergence" is a mistake. I have a very intuitive feeling that the whole future commands the past and not the other way around. Just like a projection. There is nothing emergent when we see things from this pov.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 02:04 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,

You can't just throw in the word transcendent to have a sort of super kind of meaning. Purpose is by definition ultimate if there is any.
If Time is not fundamental any time frame of reference on which phenomena manifest themselves is NECESSARY. There is no beginning for any time frame of reference. Just a correlated set of events or phenomena, including not free, not causal awareness.
Again, the Experience of experiencing, as I don't seem to be able to tweak the amount of dopamine or serotonin or adrenaline I release from my own free will. I don't tweak perceptual conditions nor intellectual depth. The species themselves don't tweak what they are! A cat cannot decide to be a dog. Therefore and once again we have the experience of experiencing and not the experiencing of deciding which experiences we have.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 02:35 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
By the way, while we are debunking the meaning of old assertions like "perfectly good" when talking about "God" or BEING, that just means what is the case. What is the case is perfect in the sense that it is finished, and not contingent to a time boundary that precedes or procedes from what is the case.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 03:00 pm
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 10:37 pm
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 08:19 am
Music my Philosophy:
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 06:02 am
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 05:35 pm
Must see:

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2020 06:27 pm
So many levels of wrong thinking going on in this talk, and I am not even interested in the main course "mystery man"...
The world was always copycat. In fact, a copycat is Darwinialy a winning social group strategy that starts very early in the family and moves on in several layers of societal organizing. Second, the obsession with protecting intellectual property which is a modern construct that in truth delays the development of scientific innovation, not the opposite. And while I agree that productive innovators are assets that need some level of protection, I fully disagree that pursuing a huge fortune or being in the public eye makes much of a difference for the role they have or have had to play in our world. They hardly need any more than food shelter health care and some peer contacts or access to the latest scientific data to keep going infinitely down the rabbit hole, which they naturally do.
Finally, on the picturesque story, the bipolar obsession dichotomy about confounding age with mental age, as if the level of wrongness made much difference between what is legally binding and what is morally wrong even when legality is no longer an issue just astonishes me, how come is that even a topic even if just en passant?...the whole Eric interpretative mindset with his symbology on the story and its markers was abstruse and Quixotesque. An old child molester playboy mixed with a James Bond doctor Evil circus clown on a taste of coke and nouveau riche spice blending, is the best shot a serious Intelligence agency is going to build for a whatever go figure what to do construct? Who the frack is the target market? Eric is very formal and squared for someone who brags himself from being an outsider...dismal! Again his aggressiveness towards Academia contrasts with his interest in being recognized and acknowledged by it, all the while is true Academia is falling and failing badly but for entirely different reasons, as it is competing with the web and a Neo-Liberal economic model in an overpopulated reality where everyone became replaceable. Eric is an odd soul and infinitely naive, to put it mildly. Hardly the genius he fancies himself to be. There is also a touch of paranoia going on that went from mildly amusing to slightly creepy as we get to know him better. I don't know what to make of this guy...I have stopped seeing his podcasts, I came back to indulge in analyzing the man a tad bit better and its an aberration out of the seven circles of Dante's hell on which his thought process lives in. Disturbed and semi interesting with the right amount of dumb and smart to make a soap opera...perfect for youtube!

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 05:09 pm
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 03:10 am
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 03:48 am
...by the way, out of the seven hypotheses, although Lawerence rejects it straight, I think it's one, consciousness is a REAL illusion. No free will but a real phenomenon out of the computation processing. A movie ride if you will.
Nevertheless, as usual Closer to Truth is worth watching, here:
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2020 04:27 am
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2020 07:09 am
And yet another worth watching "Closer to Truth"!
(Not that it doesn't try to surreptitiously bring you to the theistic side which it does but because is yet the best attempt to do so in a more or less semi-honest way.)
0 Replies