Evidence Mounts That The Vote May Have Been Hacked

McGentrix

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 12:36 pm
Ignorant Americans are Americans none-the-less. Every vote is the same when looked at in the ballot box. Doesn't matter if you are a crack-head or a liberal college professor. The ballot box only cares for the mark you made.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 12:40 pm
Joe, you are indeed a prince among men, but you are deliberately missing my point. That Bush has a high percentage of the terminally ignorant in his clutches is quite beside the point. My point was made after viewing Squinney's registered/voted stats and final question:

Squinney wrote:
Am I missing something in these numbers? Is there a way for this to be possible?

My answer is not only plausible, but probably, indisputably a factor. Don't confuse my lack of tact with a lack of thought.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 12:58 pm
Nah, just poking at cha.

J
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 12:59 pm
Just my opinion, understand, but the course of this and other "What Happened" threads coupled with the carping and whining rampant out there in the blogosphere and echoed by much of the mainstream punditocracy and commentariat leads me to conclude

Evidence Mounts That The Democrats Can't Accept That They've Handed Themselves Yet Another In A Continuing Series Of Increasingly Significant Electoral Rebuffs

Ok ... a period of mourning and recrimination is perfectly understandable ... its very human, really, and most likely should be expected. What will shape the forward prospect of The Democrats will be just how long they wallow in their pity party before accepting responsibility for their own woes, moving on and wholeheartedly working toward structuring an effective framework from which to begin positively engaging The Electorate. With Mid Term Elections looming, whatever time they waste consoling one another and laying external blame imperils their next opportunity to improve their lot.

Hmmmm ... perhaps there is no reason to expect their lot will improve within the foreseeable future. It is, after all, entirely in their own hands.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 01:11 pm
Has anyone posted this?

Mentioned this AM on NPR.

Kerry won.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 01:15 pm
And on that note, I wonder how long it will finally take conservatives to accept that Bush is a dangerous idiot and is a threat to the entire world, especially to his own country. As my mother use to say, "Live and Learn"! I know that some people learn the hard way, but if you haven't seen it by now, the odds are you never will. This is the last thing I will say on this issue, so don't bother addressing me because I won't respond.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 01:15 pm
Straight Democratic ticket leads to vote for Bush/Cheney.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 02:10 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Republicans struggled to get Republicans to vote. Democrats struggled to get any and every one to vote. Registering carloads of crack heads looked more effective than it really was. Turns out; even crack heads have minds of their own.

The problem with that analysis is that from 2000 to 2004 Democrat registaration increased only 12.3% (up 22,286) and Republican registration increased 15.9% (up 23,244), giving only a 958 new voter registration difference in favor of the Republicans. This difference is inconsequential given that Dems made up 55.37% of registered voters in 2000, and 54.59% in 2004.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 02:51 pm
I think you might be over-weighting your statistics, Squinney. For instance, those numbers could be used to support a conclusion that the Democrats had already reached most of their legitimate base and are now scratching the bottom of the barrel. If one were to use those numbers alone, clearly the Republicans did a better job of targeting like-minded individuals to register. I don't think your numbers would constitute proof of either conclusion.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 03:01 pm
You know what I wonder? I wonder why in the heck it's so hard to write software that does little more than count. Really, can it be that difficult? Anyone hear of a testing and verification process? What the heck? You know, a little extra effort could prevent these questions from needing to be asked. Am I the only one that thinks this is ridiculous?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 03:09 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
You know what I wonder? I wonder why in the heck it's so hard to write software that does little more than count. Really, can it be that difficult? Anyone hear of a testing and verification process? What the heck? You know, a little extra effort could prevent these questions from needing to be asked. Am I the only one that thinks this is ridiculous?

I keep asking myself this very question.
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 03:15 pm
Oftentimes "performance" is heavily impacted by MOTIVE.

"Follow the money" comes to mind...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 03:32 pm
Anybody want to start a company to make voting machines? It can't be that hard.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 06:02 pm
coachryan
coachryan, thanks for the info. Only problem is that New Mexico is still counting ballots and won't be finished until this Friday. So the NM graph is a little premature.

BBB
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 06:10 pm
Wonder how long the attempts to resuscitate this very badly beaten horse will go on?

Oh well, everyone needs a hobby, even if it is tilting windmills.

But remember to the modern day Don Quioxtes...he was a very delusional character. :wink:
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:54 pm
We are neither stupid nor delusional; in fact, only a fool takes everything put in front of him at face value.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." - Thomas Jefferson.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 10:04 pm
Nobody expects the election to be reversed by this. Why do Republicans try to make a mockery of any attempts at honesty in counting votes? As to the makeup of a voting machine, I don't see why they can't count votes electronically and then spit out a paper similar to the receipt printed by a teller machine. The voter could read what the machine registered before dropping it in a box.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 10:13 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Anybody want to start a company to make voting machines? It can't be that hard.

let me know when you need a pimp...I have a purple suit....
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 10:14 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
Has anyone posted this?

Mentioned this AM on NPR.

Kerry won.

Yes Joe, it was posted here (on A2K at least) ... and I did my very best to debunk as much of its dilettantic, rhetorical, conspirative inanity as I could within the half an hour or so I'd given myself for it. Please, please, please spend your time on worthier causes than falling for this rhetorical claptrap.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 10:31 pm
This thread is making me sad.

Okay, if you think it's a good idea to make the voting machines more dependable and accountable, I totally agree. I think it's idiotic that these new touch-screen machines don't give a paper record.

But the fraud conspiracy thing...even if someone did cheat to help Bush win, there isn't a paper record! It can't be proven! It is an exercise in frustration to pursue that aspect of this.

And, even if it were to be proven that someone rigged the election, do you really think they would then just kick Bush out and let Kerry take over? Never gonna happen.

Please, people, just let it go. It's over. Move on.
0 Replies