Evidence Mounts That The Vote May Have Been Hacked

Magus

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 11:44 pm
Re: Lists... every time you show up to vote, they cross your name off a little list...
which automatically puts you on another list, as one of the voters participating.
Obviously, they must have a record that you were there at the booth... wouldn't they?

After four "no-shows" they drop you from the list... ?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 01:07 am
MaryM wrote:
http://www.cato.org/testimony/ct-js031401.html

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1238939/posts

The elderly among us will remember that it was required to reregister if one missed 4 or so elections in a row. I know of some people (to whom I am married) who has not voted for 6 years and whose name still is right there on the list above mine.

The Cato letter never references the 300,000 number you mention. (And is an indictment of all voter fraud. In fact, it mentions several irregularities in Georgia and Florida among others.)

The Free Republic article does not cite sources for the 300,000 number they claim. (And states rather vehemently that "this is because they are illegal aliens" without ever giving any supporting evidence.)

So far, you have yet to convince me.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 05:50 am
OMFG a freeper.
0 Replies

MaryM

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 09:50 am
Sorry Merlin the Free Republic article used to link back to the NY Post but it is now dead.

Magus, there used to be a way to figure out when people don't show up and modify the rolls thereafter. They don't do that anymore. I suppose it is disenfranchising to force people to reregister when they have not voted for a time, but this has gotten very messy in the last 10 years.

Freeper? Is that good or bad?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 11:51 am
I'm sure some folks consider the conservatively-oriented news-and-commentary web forum Free Republic, and its denizens, Freepers, the absolute embodyment of evil. In its infancy, the forum was a factor in the Clinton Impeachment. Among recent events Freepers have taken to heart and been of influence upon have been the Swiftboat Vetreran's anti-Kerry campaign, the exposure of the CBS document fraud, the marginalization of Wesley Clark, demolishing the credibility of both Joseph Wilson and Richard Clarke, and pushing the Oil for Food scandal to the forefront. By-and-large, conversation among and commentary by Freepers on the website is mature and civil, characteristically lacking profanity, vulgarity, and internecine vituperation.

As counterpart on the liberal side, there is the younger webforum called Democratic Underground. The ambience there is distinctly different. Among the causes behind which the denizens of that forum, called "DUers", have rallied, have been the Draft Hillary movement and the Howard Dean campaign. Their current cause celebré appears to be the ongoing Systemic Vote Fraud nonsense, a natural outgrowth, I suppose, of the delight, passion and vigor with which the early, flawed, misinterpreted, misunderstood exit poll numbers contemporaneously were embraced by some participating there.

Some folks are easily entertained.
0 Replies

MaryM

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 11:58 am
Thanks timber, I am not crazy about labels myself.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 12:23 pm
MaryM wrote:
Freeper? Is that good or bad?

In the mind of many people, it's very, VERY bad, and yes "evil" is probably not too strong a characterization for these folks. Harper - IN MY OPINION - is one such person. In fact, she holds "freepers" in such low esteem - IN MY OPINION - that to call you one is borderline a "personal attack" and a violation of the board rules.

But of course, it's just her opinion, so it really isn't a personal attack at all. ... Nevermind.

And welcome to A2K!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 12:44 pm
The following is from TIME magazine. ..... Shocked

Quote:
The Folklore of Election '04
Debunking the falsehoods springing from this November's contest
By KAREN TUMULTY

Monday, Nov. 15, 2004
Few political rituals are so honored as overreading the results of an election. In the rush to explain this one, at least six myths have taken root:

From the Nov. 22, 2004 issue of TIME magazine
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 12:50 pm
MaryM wrote:
I am not crazy about labels myself.

Some folks are real fond of 'em. Its easier than thinkin' 'bout stuff, I guess.

And, oh, yeah ... welcome to A2K. Enjoy. Sorry I didn't mention that earlier, but then I ain't the real sensitive sort Laughing
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 02:44 pm
Take note that nothing in my last three posts citing multiple vote discrepancies and fraud has been refuted or even addressed.

Karen Tumulty is a hack.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 02:47 pm
timberlandko wrote:
MaryM wrote:
I am not crazy about labels myself.

Some folks are real fond of 'em. Its easier than thinkin' 'bout stuff, I guess.

And, oh, yeah ... welcome to A2K. Enjoy. Sorry I didn't mention that earlier, but then I ain't the real sensitive sort Laughing

Ha ha ha ha, this is toooo funny, brought to you by the folks who who have spent the last forty years turning the word liberal into a pejorative.
0 Replies

MaryM

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 03:16 pm
Quote:
Ha ha ha ha, this is toooo funny, brought to you by the folks who who have spent the last forty years turning the word liberal into a pejorative.

That is really true, the term liberal almost means "radical" now. I don't remember exactly when that started, but it was a good election ploy by some Republican I am sure. I think one of the reasons it worked, and works, so well is that the hollywood types count themselves as liberal. Who wants to have the same opinion a cute airhead with a press agent has? "Conservative" has fared better, but in some circles it is a curse word too. Speaking of curse words, how does "OMFG" skirt the rules?

Thanks you all for the welcomes, although I feel like I am sitting down to Thanksgiving dinner with a new friends who have LOTS of old issues to work out among themselves.

Harper, having rooted for the winning side, I don't know what it is like to get "cheated" out of an election twice. I suppose I would be angry and not give up as you haven't. I was familiar with all the studies you posted, and it is nice others now are.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 03:20 pm
Welcome to A2K MaryM

Harper wrote:
Take note that nothing in my last three posts citing multiple vote discrepancies and fraud has been refuted or even addressed.
ROFL Laughing... Don't feel bad... no one addressed the ones I posted about fraud earlier, either. Laughing
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 03:27 pm
And so far the claims of "vote fraud" in NH have turned out to be a big nothing.

Out of 678,000 votes a grand total of 9 votes have been found to have been miscounted.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 07:13 pm
Labels can be useful when they are objective and specific. You can assume a few things about a "Christian" or a "liberal" or a "conservative" or an 'athiest" or a "New Yorker" even though all are labels. The problem comes when a label is used as a slur or when more is read into one than can be accurately assumed.

You are usually safe in assuming that a Freeper visits that particular site and is most likely more conservative than liberal. You reallycan't assume any more than that.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 08:06 pm
Harper wrote:
brought to you by the folks who who have spent the last forty years turning the word liberal into a pejorative

Thanks for the kudos, but we couldn'ta done it without lotsa help.

As for responding to or rebutting the talking points you've recently offered, even to acknowledge same would be to accord them more merit than they are due.

As said often before, thanks for the help.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 08:53 pm
Why is it so hard for you guys to admit that Bush cheated his way to victory...again? I don't understand it. Come on, you know it's true. You can admit it. Go ahead, it will make you feel better.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 09:10 pm
Cling to that thought, kicky ... its sure to be of comfort as the Democrats consider the results of the 2006 Mid-Terms and once again wonder how it all could have gone so horribly wrong.

Just who's stupid here ... Bush the Greater and The Republicans, or those who think them stupid yet cannot best them in the electoral arena?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 10:15 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Just who's stupid here ... Bush the Greater and The Republicans, or those who think them stupid yet cannot best them in the electoral arena?

How about the people who voted for Bush yet disagree with his platform? Plenty of those around.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 10:40 pm
At least Bush had one.
0 Replies