You need a license to watch TV in UK?!

laughoutlood

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 05:54 am
If TV's are taken out and shot then would you be watching double jeopardy or overkill?

0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
oralloy

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 05:57 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Freedom is being able to choose your own government.
Freedom also includes the right to carry arms.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 06:01 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Free people don't need guns.
You're thinking like a serf. Serfs are only allowed to have guns if their lords decide they "need" them.

It doesn't matter if anyone agrees that a free man needs a gun or not. If a free man chooses to carry a gun, he has the right to do so.

izzythepush wrote:
You don't act like a free man.
Yes I do.

izzythepush wrote:
You act like an unthinking drone who does what he's told.
No I don't.

izzythepush wrote:
Real freedom is something to be valued.
My passionate defense of my freedom shows how much I value it.

izzythepush wrote:
What you have is mindless servitude, nobody wants that.
No. What I have is freedom.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 06:02 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I understand why your head is so far up Trump's ass. You communicate in "NEWSPEAK" like he. He can look us in the eye and with complete sincerity, lie his fat ass off like a penny stock broker.
You cannot point out a single untrue thing that I've said.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 06:08 am
On the other hand, our "free" TV has seen an increase in obnoxious commercial time from an average of eight minutes an hour in the 1950s to a hair under twenty (minutes (20) today. Which does at least give you the opportunity to make a sandwich and still get back to the tube in time to catch the tail end of a commercial for a medicine for a disease you've never heard of whose side effects include "possibility of sudden death". Progress, sigh.
farmerman

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 07:17 am
@oralloy,
one untrue thing is the part you ignored about who can the president fire. Civil Service was installed to do away with the spoils system. Im not sure who did away with the "Spoils system" but the only way a psident can fire em is if he can identify a contractual or legal issue and then he must direct the chain of command to consider the firing. As they say, "presidential pique" aint a valid reason the way you are asserting .
Thats just the latest of your "alternative factoids"

Theres a lot of exec dept people the pres cant fire. Start with the Vice President, hes in line to take over when Trump finally goes postal.

As you can see, I have an immeasurable amount of respect for this "president".
farmerman

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 07:21 am
@MontereyJack,
Its amazing we watch a hell of a lot of British mysteries by Netflix and other streaming . Even most of the nature shows are Brit. Our tv produces such **** as "Mystery of Oak Island" or "Ancient Aliens". This is all crap for 10 to 12 year olds.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 07:26 am
@oralloy,
PS, why are you afraid to know how many people are killed or injured in accidents and murders and the instruments involved??
You dont consider these public health issues??
Smoking has declined, asbestos has been banned, as have PCBs. Cars have been made 1000% safer, as have planes and boats. Much of that data was gathered by biostatisticians working at NSC and CDC.

I actually believe that you dont want anyone to know since it apparently harms your phallic substitute.
oralloy

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 07:59 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
one untrue thing is the part you ignored about who can the president fire.
The Constitution gives the President absolute power to fire anyone in the executive branch.

I realize that leftists hate the Constitution, but it still exists whether they like it or not.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
farmerman

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 08:58 am
@oralloy,
youre getting on the boring side now. You seem to be arguing with yourself and youre both losing.
Being stubbornly ignorant and yet believing you are right is a pathology you know. I was merely suggesting the conditions of service tenure for civil servants, yet you seemingly stick to some bumper sticker I guess you herd t an NRAA meeting.
For someone who claims to be alwys right, please read about the Pendleton act and try to not dismiss it, ITS THE LAW.
You must think verybody in the executive is a political hack .

OH YEH
Quote:
That's a pretty bizarre conclusion since I'm the one who regularly posts these facts.

This is about the 4th or 5th BS "alternate fact" youve posted about guns. You did quietly change the post- Heller one and I forget the others but they were a hoot.
Not wanting CDC to gather data involving PUBLIC HEALTH in my analysis is just you being a nascent fascist.

farmerman

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 09:18 am
@izzythepush,
you can deal with oral. He seems to be wanting to occupy several poles at once.
oralloy

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 09:27 am
@farmerman,
All I'm doing is pointing out facts that make you unhappy.
farmerman

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 09:30 am
@oralloy,
naah, Im just balloon bustin with you, you are an easy target because your horse has but one trick.
"Beleieve as me or Ill call you a traitor"
oralloy

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 09:34 am
@farmerman,
Refusing to believe reality doesn't make you a traitor. It makes you delusional.
oralloy

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 09:37 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
youre getting on the boring side now.
I can only deliver facts to you. I can't make you like reality.

farmerman wrote:
You seem to be arguing with yourself and youre both losing.
No. I seem to be pointing out facts that make you unhappy.

farmerman wrote:
Being stubbornly ignorant and yet believing you are right is a pathology you know.
Your inability to point out anything that I am wrong about speaks for itself.

farmerman wrote:
I was merely suggesting the conditions of service tenure for civil servants, yet you seemingly stick to some bumper sticker I guess you herd t an NRAA meeting.
I'm sticking to a little thing called the US Constitution. You may have heard of it.

farmerman wrote:
For someone who claims to be alwys right, please read about the Pendleton act and try to not dismiss it, ITS THE LAW.
I've read it before. You've brought it up before.

Like I pointed out the last time you brought it up, all it does is prevent people from being fired due to their political party. Assuming that it's Constitutional, it doesn't change the reality that the President can fire them for reasons other than their political party.

farmerman wrote:
You must think verybody in the executive is a political hack.
No. Not really.

farmerman wrote:
This is about the 4th or 5th BS "alternate fact" youve posted about guns.
Your dislike of facts does not make them any less real.

farmerman wrote:
You did quietly change the post- Heller one and I forget the others but they were a hoot.
Whatever you think I changed, I probably didn't change a thing.

farmerman wrote:
Not wanting CDC to gather data involving PUBLIC HEALTH in my analysis is just you being a nascent fascist.
http://i.imgur.com/E8xVrvD.jpg
izzythepush

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 10:54 am
@farmerman,
It helps if you don't read him, at least no more than the first sentence. He always says the same thing, and has already fallen back on his mindless mantra. It's like there's something missing, **** knows what it is, but I think it's quite important nonetheless.
oralloy

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 03:00 pm
@izzythepush,
You say that you like not having freedom, but you are always so bitter and childish towards those of us who are free.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2018 06:16 am
@oralloy,
pure macho posturing.