You need a license to watch TV in UK?!

McGentrix

Reply Tue 2 May, 2017 11:57 am

Matt Allwright on the BBC TV Licence Scam

In this episode, Matt Allwright talks about the growing problem of TV Licence threat letters and why they are targeted at the elderly, single mums and students. BBC TV Licensing operates one of the biggest and most profitable scams ever to be perpetrated in the UK. Threat letters and goons are some of the main weapons used by the BBC to intimidate the UK population. Find out how you can protect yourself from harassment and prevent these racketeers from targeting you and your family.

A big thank you to Matt Allwright, uktvcool and to everyone else who is resisting the BBC TV Licence scam
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 2 May, 2017 12:02 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
A big thank you to Matt Allwright, uktvcool and to everyone else who is resisting the BBC TV Licence scam
I'm sure, Allwright doesn't refuse to get paid from the "licence scam".
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 2 May, 2017 12:04 pm
@McGentrix,

The Shame of BBC TV Licensing

Published on Mar 27, 2014

Make no mistake -- the BBC will NOT like this video. It is high time that the BBC stood on it's own feet instead of extorting £150 annually from every household in the UK. In this video we discuss some of the reasons why the BBC's TV Licensing must be abolished.

The BBC would have you believe that TV Licence "evasion" is extremely low, and that 97% of us watch TV as it is being broadcast over the airwaves. Of course, this is typical BBC propaganda. The reality is that an unprecedented number of people are refusing to buy a TV Licence - simply because they don't need one. We are moving into an age where people no longer feel the need to watch TV as it is being broadcast. The days when families would all gather around the TV every night are long gone Catch-up TV is fast becoming the norm and the BBC clearly don't like it because a TV License is not required for watching catch-up TV on the internet. The consequence for the BBC is that their TV Licensing business model -- IE: extorting money from UK households -- is unsustainable in the 21st century. The whole thing has already become untenable and it is only a matter of time before the BBC comes crashing down due to the sheer number of people who no longer need a TV Licence.

The BBC is a profit-making corporation masquerading as an essential public service in order to obtain funds from the public purse. Long gone are the days when the BBC was a necessity for providing information, education and entertainment. The BBC seems to think it is still 1954. However the BBC is not as important today as it likes to think it is. There are now a multitude of ways to get information, education and entertainment in the home -- including YouTube, Netflix, games consoles, and more TV and radio channels than you can shake a stick at. The BBC has become irrelevant and unnecessary in this day and age. The only way it can possibly continue in the 21st century is to abolish the TV Licence and fund itself through subscription, sales and advertising revenue. The BBC already makes around £2 billion a year from selling content worldwide so they're well used to operating in the commercial arena. Until the BBC finally grows up, it will continue to operate as an extortion racket whilst wasting our money on lavish lifestyles, paedophile entertainers, executive pay-offs, and gagging orders for ex-employees. I am not a fan of any mainstream media, but at least other media companies, like Sky and ITV, have to survive in the real world - they have to raise their own funds in the marketplace, they are accountable when they get things wrong, and in times of recession they have to make cut-backs and downsize. Whereas the BBC survives on money extorted from the public, so it has no accountability whatsoever, plus their corporation is recession-proof because they continue to get the same amount of money regardless of the state of the economy.

In short, the BBC, in its current form, has had its day. The only way they can salvage any public trust or respectability is to grow up and stand on its own feet for once in its life. Maybe then we'll see an end to their arrogance, snobbery and blatant disregard for public opinion. Or maybe not, but at least we won't have to pay for it!

A big thank you to everyone who contributed to this video. Smile

Other videos by BanTheBBC:

How to Deal With TV Licence Goons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfHRhXW1hno

Ten Good Reasons to CANCEL Your TV LICENCE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGzqJf8yQI

The BBC TV Licensing Extortion Racket EXPOSED (censored by the BBC)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=806gWKstdgE

A Day in the Life of a BBC TV Licensing Goon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYM9nz-wu28
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 2 May, 2017 12:07 pm
@McGentrix,
At least, I really liked Tony Benn, one of the few UK politicians to have become even more left-wing after holding ministerial office. (And on his advice, I became a Fabian.)
centrox

Reply Tue 2 May, 2017 12:51 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
on his advice, I became a Fabian.

At a Fabian meeting, the speaker whips up the crowd into a frenzy of moderation:

Speaker: What do we want?
Audience: Gradual change!
Speaker: When do we want it?
Audience: In due course!
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 2 May, 2017 01:20 pm
@centrox,
Well, Fabians covered the spectrum from Tony Blair to Tony Benn.
centrox

Reply Tue 2 May, 2017 02:13 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Well, Fabians covered the spectrum from Tony Blair to Tony Benn.

One of my favourite figures of the late 19th/early 20th centuries, HG Wells, joined the Fabians, and it is said, tried to use them to launch himself into politics. He tried to get a leadership role, but was seen off by George Bernard Shaw. Cruel people said, and Wells happily agreed, that one of the attractions of the Fabians for Wells was the availability of nubile young women. They later were too moderate for him.

Was it thus for you, Walter? I have to say that as a student aged 19, similar considerations impelled me to join the college branch of the Young Communists. I was told by one woman that I fancied that I was "too bourgeois" for her to sleep with. Decades later I heard that she was a Liberal Democrat local councillor in Surrey, and married to a dentist.
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 2 May, 2017 02:33 pm
@centrox,
Ah, memories..
izzythepush

Reply Tue 2 May, 2017 02:48 pm
@McGentrix,
You're beginning to morph into Reasoning Logic. You'll be posting videos of David Icke next. What you realise is that most opposition to the licence comes from vested interests. Primarily the Daily Mail and Rupert Murdoch. They don't like competition, and they don't like fair and balanced reporting. One of the first things James Murdoch did after taking charge was to give a speech attacking the BBC and the licence fee, then the phone hacking scandal broke and they went quiet.

All your doing is what you always do, dancing to the rich man's tune. And you fool yourself into thinking it's all for freedom. You can't even think for yourself, you're being manipulated in ways you don't even understand.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Tue 2 May, 2017 03:43 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:
Ah, memories..

Imagine trying to explain, to a youngster today, not getting laid because you were too bourgeois.

Country Joe McDonald, a hero of mine then (and now) sang:

The best things in life are free...
If you steal 'em from the bourgeoisie!
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 2 May, 2017 04:21 pm
@centrox,
My first and arguably best lover, for a lot of reasons, joy, mental and physical, had parents who were communists in the thirties. I've not been into that, but I don't hate all those people.

Meantime, much destruction occurred with commie chasing.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 10:40 am
@centrox,
At a recent anti-Trump rally; I couldn't help but yell out "Patience" when the guy asked us "What do you want?". Of course when he asked me when I wanted it, I still replied "Now!".

My poor daughter gave me the look...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 04:43 pm
Watch out. BBC TV Licence 'Officers' Ivan and Andy are after You.

Kolyo

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 08:42 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Watch out. BBC TV Licence 'Officers' Ivan and Andy are after You.

They need to stay the hell away from me and mind their own damn business. I don't even live in the UK! Mad
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 May, 2017 12:51 am
Arrested and beaten up just for crossing the road. Sounds like a police state.

Quote:
When Nandi Cain Jr. was seen on video getting slammed to the ground and pummeled repeatedly by a police officer, that was not the end of his ordeal, according to his attorney.

A new federal lawsuit states that the 24-year-old was also placed on psychiatric hold and taken to an isolation cell of a county jail, where the officer and other employees beat him repeatedly, stripped his clothes off and made obscene comments. Cain was then left in the cell, where he spent hours without food, medical attention or a chance to make a phone call, the lawsuit says.

Cain filed a lawsuit Sunday alleging violation of his constitutional rights. His attorney, John Burris, said the officer arrested Cain simply because he’s black, and later “engaged in dehumanizing and derogatory conduct.”

“He shouldn’t have been in psychiatric watch,” Burris told The Washington Post. “He shouldn’t have been in the jail in the first place.”

Cain was arrested a few miles outside of downtown Sacramento in Northern California on April 10, when Officer Anthony Figueroa approached him while he was walking home from work. Cain put his hands up, but continued to walk and asked the police officer why he was being stopped.

“You were jaywalking,” Figueroa told Cain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/04/26/black-man-arrested-for-jaywalking-was-beaten-in-jail-stripped-naked-and-mocked-lawsuit-says/?utm_term=.be4819be34b6
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 May, 2017 12:54 am
Crossing the street without permission gets you beat up. You couldn't make it up, freedom my arse.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 11 May, 2017 01:03 am
@izzythepush,
There isn't even a German word for "jaywalking". Typical fines for jaywalking (= not using existing crosswalks or traffic lights, otherwise you can cross a street where you want) in Germany are about $5.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 May, 2017 01:14 am
@Walter Hinteler,
There's only an American English word for it. It's inimical to basic rights and freedoms. I don't think it would wash anywhere in Europe.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 11 May, 2017 07:31 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

There isn't even a German word for "jaywalking". Typical fines for jaywalking (= not using existing crosswalks or traffic lights, otherwise you can cross a street where you want) in Germany are about $5.

Tu quoque much Walter?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 11 May, 2017 08:57 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Tu quoque much Walter?
Lege artis.
0 Replies