Powell At The UN Today?

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 06:23 pm
I guess it's all true then.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 07:43 pm
Marginalizing Belafonte as "the bongo player" won't quell the serious questions raised in (black) people's minds when they see Powell bite through his tongue rather than make a fuss about issues about which he formerly expressed passion - like affirmative action.

And just for the record, Belafonte has been in the vanguard of human and civil rights battles for 4 decades - no knee-jerking headline seeker he.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 08:24 pm
i'm with you, snood! i believe belafonte is as much of a patriot as any other american - if not more so. he also has been an outstanding "goodwill" ambassador for the u.s. throughout the world, and as a humble canadian think, that it is a very important assignment that belafonte has handled with DISTINCTION. i think he is more than a citizen of the u.s.; he is a citizen of the world and an ambassador for humanity(having listened to him perform in canada, i admit to a certain prejudice). cheerio!
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 08:33 pm
Belafonte's long gone and of no consequence to the intellectual world.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 08:36 pm
Only in your mind, N H
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 08:40 pm
Long gone? Of no consequence? Okay, I guess that explains the uproar caused by his comments.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 07:34 am
The only thing that can ever slow Harry Belafonte down is old, old age. He hasn't gotten that far yet.
0 Replies