Powell At The UN Today?

New Haven

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 09:29 am
Edgar:

I mean Belafonte. Is he the guy who used to play the bongo drums?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 09:54 am
He has been on Civil Rights commisions, has worked with UNICEF and been active in political matters since the late 50s. People who disagree with him will of course claim that a mere singer CAN'T KNOW. To which I reply: bullshit.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 10:20 am
And when General Powell started blathering on about "decades'' of contact between Saddam and al-Qa'ida, things went wrong for the Secretary of State. Al-Qa'ida only came into existence five years ago, since Bin Laden - "decades" ago - was working against the Russians for the CIA, whose present day director was sitting grave-faced behind General Powell.

You Wanted to Believe Him...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 11:36 am
If it weren't the truth, it wouldn't be imaginable.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 03:50 pm
hi, new haven and all; powell as v.p.in 04? as a canadian i suppose i wouldn't mind seeing him as president. as v.p. - depending on who would be president - i think he feels too dutybound. his military background seems to tell him that in the end "he must obey orders" - and that's too bad in my opinion. read somewhere in an autobio(can't recall who said it - going braindead) that "a v.p. is worth a pitcher of spit" -was it harry truman?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 04:15 pm
John Nance Garner said that the vice-presidency "wasn't worth a bucket of warm spit."
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 04:20 pm
He was generally right, too.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 04:27 pm
Powell puts on a great show but i fear its all smoke and mirrors choregraphed by Rove and associates.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 04:40 pm
"This vial could possibly contain anthrax..."

...or it could be a delicious Doritos Ranch-style chip....

...or it could be a puzzle piece....

...or it could be a Post-It note....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 05:49 pm
Only the administration and Saddam really know..........
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 06:07 pm
hi, pdiddie: thanks for your reply! i agree it should be warm; who would want any stale spit. so long!... and a bucket of it sounds just right.... so long again(it's cold here in eastern ontario - cold spit would freeze upon impact! enough, enough of it....)
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 06:17 pm
What exactly is the difference between "warm" and "stale"?

Here in the South, the two are essentially the same, although I could certainly understand that those in colder climes might interpret "warm" as "fresh". (Yeccch.)

Of course, spit starts out at body temperature, so I presume it's pretty warm to open.

(I'm starting to gross myself out.)
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 06:58 am
I'm sure that Powell , the West Point graduate does't care what the bongo=player cares about him. Neither do I.

"Warm spit": Could never be cold,'cause the dead don't spit.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 06:59 am
"Warm": any temp above ambient

Stale: Not fresh.

It's possible to be both warm and stale. Take a piece of old , hard bread and pop it into a toaster....Result is warm, stale toast. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 07:22 am
Reagan was a two bit actor who did politics. What makes a barely talented actor more viable than a singer - one you disparagingly call a bongo player when in fact you probably know Belafonte has never played a bongo? I gues if you exaggerate the negative it enforces the argument against him, is that it?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 10:02 am
I like Powell and would like to see him as President in 2008.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 10:10 pm
I don't like Powell and I hope he never gains elective office.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 03:01 pm
Here are eight more things we learned from Secretary of State Colin Powell's presentation to the UN security Council:

**Saddam's middle name: Stanley

**Saddam not only has links to Al Qaeda, but also to Al Jolson, Al Franken, Al Kaline, Al Bumbry and Byron Allen

**Many of Saddam's Presidential Palaces have full 18-hole Putt-Putt courses; Saddam's favorite hole is 'The Windmill'

**The phrase Jeorg Du-bia Ba'ush is Arabic for 'spoiled goat cheese'

**The equivalent expression in Iraq for "baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet" is "camel races, falafel, dried figs, and Daewoo"

**Members of the out-of-power Shiite faction are derisively mocked as "Congressional Democrats" by ruling Sunni Ba'athist party

**In an attempt to appeal to the a more youthful demographic, Saddam now refers to 'Weapons of Mass Destruction' as 'Wizzle Masizzle Dizzle' on Iraqi TV

**Saddam wants 'Mother of all Actors' Edward James Olmos to play him in the post-war made-for-TV movie
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 05:47 pm
Is all of that true, PDiddie, or did you just make it up?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 05:58 pm
Thank you, edgar, but I'm not that creative...
0 Replies