Michael Moore's first thoughts re the election

gozmo

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:30 pm
Lash wrote:
The use of these young men for political purposes is beneath contempt.

I give panz the benefit of the doubt, and choose to believe that this isn't his intent. That being, I am appreciative to see their faces and hear a little bit about them. They are heroes who signed on to serve our country. I am grateful for their service, and it makes me even more hopeful that the struggle they died for will ultimately succeed.

I believe as most of them did. What we are doing in Iraq will, in time, create an oasis of peace and freedom--which will suck the life out of Islamist extremist terrorism...and make the world a better, safer place.

YOU are using these young men to promote your views thereby placing yourself beneath contempt.
0 Replies

Steppenwolf

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:33 pm
Just Wonders: Perhaps you aren't aware of the history between Iran and Iraq. Is there another explanation for the jubilation felt by Iranians? Perhaps it could also explain why the Iranian security apparatus also likes Bush. http://en.ce.cn/subject/US-election/News/200410/21/t20041021_2047215.shtml
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:33 pm
I am constantly amazed at how much democracy and freedom we can spread around the world by killing people. Perhaps jesus would indeed drive a Hummer.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:36 pm
gozmo wrote:
Lash wrote:

I give panz the benefit of the doubt, and choose to believe that this isn't his intent. That being, I am appreciative to see their faces and hear a little bit about them. They are heroes who signed on to serve our country. I am grateful for their service, and it makes me even more hopeful that the struggle they died for will ultimately succeed.

I believe as most of them did. What we are doing in Iraq will, in time, create an oasis of peace and freedom--which will suck the life out of Islamist extremist terrorism...and make the world a better, safer place.

YOU are using these young men to promote your views thereby placing yourself beneath contempt.

I'm not using them for anything. I'm expressing my appreciation for their service. Big points to you, though, for trying to take a positive thought and make it slimy.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:41 pm
I agree with what you're saying, gozmo. I've been trying to say the same. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:51 pm
gozmo wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
How about you phonies come talk to me when it is one of your "brothers" that has fallen. You will never know what it is like to lose a fellow soldier and what it is to have people like you and Michael Moore using these brave and wonderful soldiers as political pawns for some sort of agenda you have against the president. The people voted and they agreed with what he is doing.

You assume too much !!!

I know Michael is using the deaths of these soldiers as political fodder. If he wasn't then how come he hasn't gone to Iraq and or Afghanistan or even both on the same trip?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:54 pm
http://www.militarycity.com/valor/images/zzadams-michael.JPG
0 Replies

Steppenwolf

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:55 pm
Baldimo wrote:
gozmo wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
How about you phonies come talk to me when it is one of your "brothers" that has fallen. You will never know what it is like to lose a fellow soldier and what it is to have people like you and Michael Moore using these brave and wonderful soldiers as political pawns for some sort of agenda you have against the president. The people voted and they agreed with what he is doing.

You assume too much !!!

I know Michael is using the deaths of these soldiers as political fodder. If he wasn't then how come he hasn't gone to Iraq and or Afghanistan or even both on the same trip?

By that same logic, 99% of Americans don't sympathize with U.S. troops. Is that what you're implying?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:57 pm
http://www.fallenheroesmemorial.com/oif/profiles/images/adamsthomasmullen.jpg

Navy Lt.Thomas Mullen Adams

27, of La Mesa, California.
Adams, descended from two presidents, became the first Navy officer to die in the war when his Royal Navy Sea King helicopter collided with another chopper shortly after takeoff. He was assigned as an exchange officer with the Royal Navy's 849 Squadron since October 2002. Died on March 22, 2003.
Source: MSNBC/Newsweek

Lt. Adams would have turned 28 years old on April 16. He is now buried at Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery in Point Loma, California.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:58 pm
God , he was handsome.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:59 pm
Yes
0 Replies

msolga

Yes
0 Replies

Baldimo

Steppenwolf wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
gozmo wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

You assume too much !!!

By that same logic, 99% of Americans don't sympathize with U.S. troops. Is that what you're implying?

Why are you sidestepping the issue? Can't you answer for the man whom you support? Duck and weave all you want, I will still pose the question.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:01 pm
http://www.fallenheroesmemorial.com/oif/profiles/images/addisonjamaalr.jpg

Army Spc. Jamaal R. Addison

22, of Roswell, Georgia.
Killed when ambushed by enemy forces in Iraq. He was assigned to the 507th Ordnance Maintenance Company, Fort Bliss, Texas. Died on March 23, 2003.
Like many young soldiers, Addison, who had a 2-year-old son also named Jamaal, was more interested in going to college someday than in fighting a war (although he supported it, says the minister at his family's church.) Just before he went into combat he called his wife, Tekla, and shared his fears with her.
0 Replies

Steppenwolf

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:04 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Why are you sidestepping the issue? Can't you answer for the man whom you support? Duck and weave all you want, I will still pose the question.

I don't have any defensive feelings about Michael Moore. I found Fahrenheit 9/11 very intellectually dishonest. But I also don't support bad logic.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:04 pm
Marine Lance Cpl. Patrick R. Adle

21, of Baltimore, Maryland.
Adle died southeast of Baghdad, Iraq, as a result of hostile action. He was assigned to the Marine Corps Reserve's 6th Engineer Support Battalion, 4th Force Service Support Group, Folsom, Pennsylvania. Died on June 29, 2004.

""My thoughts and prayers go out to bring you comfort and solace for your loss of Patrick. My son, LCPL Joe Maglione was also lost in Operation Iraqi Freedom. Please let me know if you'd like to talk - [email protected] - - I share in your loss.""
Rose Corr of Flourtown, PA

"Pat's courage and honor will never be forgotten. He was a true hero who will stay in my heart forever."
KG of Fallston, MD 21047

"Pat will never be forgotten. He has touched so many lives. Everyday he will be missed and loved."
Stephanie of Fallston, MD

"We Will NEVER FORGET !"
Please KNOW so many people share your sadness, and we are remembering all your family and loved ones
in your loss and your deep grief. Your HERO, Patrick , will be remembered by name. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. God Bless you. Pat & Sandi Breckenridge Montana "

"Thank you brave MARINE soldier for sacrificing your today for my children's safer tomorrow. You have our utmost respect and gratitude.
May G-d provide your family with comfort in their time of sorrow. May you forever rest in peace. Neither you nor your sacrifice will be forgotten.
A grateful citizen and a Proud Marine Mom, ([email protected])"
Lily of Wakefield MA
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:06 pm
http://www.fallenheroesmemorial.com/oif/profiles/images/aitkentristann.jpg

Army Capt. Tristan N. Aitken

31, of State College, Pennsylvania
Killed in action in Iraq. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 41st Field Artillery, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Georgia. Died on April 4, 2003.

"In Loving Memory..Its been a year..

At the rising of the sun and at its going down, We remember them.
At the blowing of the wind and in the chill of Winter, We remember them.
At the opening of buds and in the rebirth of Spring, We remember them.
At the blueness of the skies and in the warmth of Summer, We remember them.
At the rustling of leaves and the beauty of Autumn, We remember them.
At the beginning of the year and when it ends, We remember them.
As long as we live, they too will live;
for they are now a part of us, as we remember them.
Rest in Peace Dear Soldier!! We will NEVER FORGET!"
The Grogan Family of Lakeland, TN (4/4/04)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:07 pm
What a beautiful smile.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:12 pm
Army Spc. Segun Frederick Akintade

34, of Brooklyn, N.Y.; assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 108th Infantry Regiment, New York, N.Y.; killed Oct. 28 when his unit was attacked by enemy forces using an improvised explosive device and small-arms fire in Abd Allah, Iraq.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 10:13 pm
Lash wrote:
(The use of images of these men and the statistics of loss of life of our military service personnel have been used to try to score political points against the President.)
I give panz the benefit of the doubt, and choose to believe that this isn't his intent.
(A statement ensuring no one thought I assigned panzade that motive.)
That being, I am appreciative to see their faces and hear a little bit about them. They are heroes who signed on to serve our country. I am grateful for their service, and it makes me even more hopeful that the struggle they died for will ultimately succeed.
(A sincere statement of appreciation for what panz is doing, and for their sacrifice.)
(My declaration of support in what they were doing when they died, and my deep hope their sacrifice was for a better, safer world.)

I must admit I am baffled that anyone could see a statement of support and make anything nefarious of it. I don't know why some people have to inject politics into everything.

I support our service personnel completely. I don't understand why gozmo or msolga object.

Isn't support for them appropriate here? Aren't panzade's postings a form of support?
0 Replies