She dumped me, and she updates her relationship status with another guy the same day.

SollyV

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2017 05:58 pm
So, when my ex broke up with me, she vaguely just said "things have not been the same anymore, and I have been going through a lot recently". She deleted me on facebook, and wouldn't really communicate with me at all.

2 weeks later, I'm on her facebook profile and I look at some of the guys liking her photos. I look at his profile, and see his relationship status. He is in a relationship with my ex, since the same exact day she broke it off with me, according to his facebook status.

Now, I kept that to myself for a while. Couple of months go by, they break up. We start talking again. After a little argument, I lose my **** and tell her about how I know about how I know that she dumped me for this lad.

First thing she says "no I didn't leave you for xx wtf"

To which I respond with the facebook evidence, and how she was in a relationship with him since the same exact date she broke it off with me.

She then just says "Woah that's my personal life, and he cheated on me so I don't like talking about it"

After I tell her that I would fully forgive her for everything, and how I apologised for snooping around her facebook, she just says "I can't do this anymore. I can't trust you. Sorry"

So we said goodbye to eachother.

Now my question: Is there a possibility that I was wrong about the fact that she dumped me for this other fella?

jespah

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2017 06:26 pm
@SollyV,
Nah, you're probably right. FB relationships are bilateral. He didn't have a publicly listed relationship with her without her agreeing to it.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2017 10:46 pm
@SollyV,
In the grand scheme of things, does any of this matter? You guys broke up, move forward and stop fussing over something that is done and gone.
CoastalRat

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 06:24 am
@SollyV,
What does it matter why she dumped you? So what if it was for some other guy? She tried to let you down easy which, right or wrong, showed she was trying not to hurt your feelings.

To answer your specific question, no, you were not wrong. She did dump you for the other guy.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 12:08 pm
@tibbleinparadise,
tibbleinparadise wrote:

In the grand scheme of things, does any of this matter? You guys broke up, move forward and stop fussing over something that is done and gone.

^This bears repeating.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 12:31 pm
@SollyV,
SollyV wrote:

So, when my ex broke up with me, she vaguely just said "things have not been the same anymore, and I have been going through a lot recently". She deleted me on facebook, and wouldn't really communicate with me at all.

2 weeks later, I'm on her facebook profile and I look at some of the guys liking her photos. I look at his profile, and see his relationship status. He is in a relationship with my ex, since the same exact day she broke it off with me, according to his facebook status.

Now, I kept that to myself for a while. Couple of months go by, they break up. We start talking again. After a little argument, I lose my **** and tell her about how I know about how I know that she dumped me for this lad.

First thing she says "no I didn't leave you for xx wtf"

To which I respond with the facebook evidence, and how she was in a relationship with him since the same exact date she broke it off with me.

She then just says "Woah that's my personal life, and he cheated on me so I don't like talking about it"

After I tell her that I would fully forgive her for everything, and how I apologised for snooping around her facebook, she just says "I can't do this anymore. I can't trust you. Sorry"

So we said goodbye to eachother.

Now my question: Is there a possibility that I was wrong about the fact that she dumped me for this other fella?

Have you checked your back for her foot prints?

She comes back, tail between her legs and tells you he cheated on her?

She gambled and lost. If you get back with her youll only prove you are a walking welcome mat.

Your question to her about the guy is perfectly reasonable. She was just being defensive because she knows she made a bad choice and has no good reason for it.

Keep going, don't look back.
mystikmind

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 03:17 pm
@Krumple,
Well said.... I do love a good story about a fool chasing the greener grass and then got sucked in!
0 Replies