Americans must now unite

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:50 am
Doesn't it say anything to you about Kerry though? Bush had so many things going against him, yet he still managed to edge out Kerry.
0 Replies

lt stapley

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 08:47 am
How is fighting for freedom unethical, I don't give a darn about WMD's. Freedom is worth fighting for and if necessary, dieing for, wether it's our freedom or someone elses, it makes no difference.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 12:10 pm
Tell me, do you think the Iraqi's in Fallujah are fighting for their freedom? Whose freedom is the US fighting for?

Just curious............
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 12:17 pm
The Iraqi's in fallujah are fighting AGAINST a free, democratic Iraq. The US is fighting FOR a free, democratic Iraq.

Surely you understand that.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 12:18 pm
It all comes down to defining freedom...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 12:21 pm
McGentrix wrote:
The Iraqi's in fallujah are fighting AGAINST a free, democratic Iraq. The US is fighting FOR a free, democratic Iraq.

A free and democratic occupied Iraq.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 12:22 pm
McGentrix wrote:

Point of order, McG: Some Iraqi's in Fallujah are fighting for a free, democratic Iraq. Those are the Iraqi forces fighting alongside the US marines. And the Iraqis with the "insurgency" are fighting against a free and democratic Iraq, and they are doubtless joined by foreign terrorists.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 12:26 pm
Yes, a good point Ticomaya.

They are also finding many weapon caches in the mosques they have been liberating.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 12:31 pm
Or.........They could be just fighting for freedom from an oppressive regime. I'm so pleased the americans are worried about the state of Democracy in the world. If not for them this system of government would have ceased being so popular. All hail the rightgeous.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 12:41 pm
Ceili wrote:
Or.........They could be just fighting for freedom from an oppressive regime. I'm so pleased the americans are worried about the state of Democracy in the world. If not for them this system of government would have ceased being so popular. All hail the rightgeous.

They already have freedom from an oppressive regime.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:32 pm
At what cost..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:33 pm
I don't speak only of money.
0 Replies

lt stapley

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 08:24 am
Freedom isn't free.
0 Replies

lt stapley

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 08:28 am
How can we possibly understand what is really going on in Iraq when all we here is the bad things trumpeted by the Liberal press. Over 200 insurgents have been captured in Fallujah, and there are among them Egyptian, Syrians, Saudi Arabians, Pakastanis, a few Afghans, oh and couple of Iraqis here and there. We're not fighting Iraqis in Fallujah, we're fighting terrorists who came to Iraq to fight Americans, they don't give a darn about Iraq.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 08:33 am
lt_stapley wrote:
How can we possibly understand what is really going on in Iraq when all we here is the bad things trumpeted by the Liberal press. Over 200 insurgents have been captured in Fallujah, and there are among them Egyptian, Syrians, Saudi Arabians, Pakastanis, a few Afghans, oh and couple of Iraqis here and there. We're not fighting Iraqis in Fallujah, we're fighting terrorists who came to Iraq to fight Americans, they don't give a darn about Iraq.

Err....ummm.. could we call them the "coalition forces", just like the Brits, Poles etc helped the Americans ?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 08:34 am
lt_stapley wrote:

Waka waka waka. If I had a nickle for every time someone said this.

There's just no way to paint a pretty picture of the situation. It's a nasty bloody war, like all wars, and it's being fought for reasons that most people don't understand or do understand but can't stomach. I vote that it was the stupidest idea of the 21st century.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 08:46 am
I will add my vote to that FreeDuck.......Stupidest War of all Time.
as for the rest,

It_stapley wrote:
Quote:

I say, blah blah blah............
0 Replies

lt stapley

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 08:46 am
We can't call them coalition forces because they are not there for the Iraqis help, they are there to kill Americans. And if we leave Iraq it won't solve anything, the terrorists will go wherever the need to to kill Americans.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 08:49 am
lt_stapley wrote:
We can't call them coalition forces because they are not there for the Iraqis help, they are there to kill Americans. And if we leave Iraq it won't solve anything, the terrorists will go wherever the need to to kill Americans.

Right. So they'd leave Iraq.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 09:43 am
About unity. Found an interesting article on McCain this morning. (for all the good it does since he stumped for Bush; but anyway..)

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/16/politics/16mccain.html?oref=login

Election Over, McCain Criticizes Bush on Climate Change
By ANDREW C. REVKIN

Published: November 16, 2004

asting no time distancing himself from President Bush on an issue that has long divided them, Senator John McCain yesterday called the White House stance on climate change "terribly disappointing" and said inaction in the face of mounting scientific data was unjustified.

Two weeks after the end of a campaign in which he stumped for Mr. Bush's re-election, Mr. McCain, Republican of Arizona, is convening a Senate hearing today on the human effect on climate and what to do about it.

Mr. Bush, citing the cost to the economy and what the administration describes as the uncertainty of the science, has opposed restrictions on carbon dioxide and other heat-trapping gases since early 2001, when he abandoned a pledge he made in his first presidential campaign to restrict carbon dioxide from power plants.

In contrast, for three years Mr. McCain has pushed for a bill he wrote with Senator Joseph I. Lieberman, Democrat of Connecticut, that would create the first, modest curbs on greenhouse gases.

"This is a very time-sensitive issue," he said in an interview yesterday
0 Replies