Americans must now unite

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 12:24 pm
The election's over, we have our president for the next 4 years, and I thank our Father in Heaven that it has turned out as it has. Now the American people must unite together for a single purpose, to defeat the terrorists. They are not an unbeatable foe, but we must unite to destroy them. Let us not bicker this election for the next four years, as we did the last four. Please I beg you, don't let the American spirit die. Unite and defeat this threat to our nation!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,735 • Replies: 93
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 12:33 pm
Bull!

This administration is a disaster. I will make every ethical effort to oppose it.

I am much more worried about the damage Bush has done to the liberties of my country and the tens of thousands of lives he has cost than I am about the terrorists.

I do agree we can not let the American spirit die. From hiding slaves to Marching on Washington in the civil rights movement to opposing wars, the greatest Americans have often taken courageous roles of opposition to a government they see as out of control

If you want to throw away the best of what America stands for and put our young men and women at risk simply because you are scared of the current threat...

I have no interest in being united.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 12:38 pm
I second that, ebrown. Unite, my ass! Where was the "unite behind our president" during Clintons presidency? We were attacked in '93 by terrorists and all the Democratic president got was that he was bombing asprin factories and wagging the dog.

BUSH IS NOT MY PRESIDENT!!! Crimes will NOT be committed by him and his administration in MY name!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 12:41 pm
The ruling party's idea of unite is for the rest of us to roll over and let them have their way. Not gonna happen here.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 12:45 pm
At least lt_stapely gives good insight into the thinking of the 'simple' folk who voted for Bush. That was part of their campaign plan, to appeal to yokels.

Roger made an astute comment in another thread when he mentioned that he did vote for Bush, but morality had nothing to do with it. 'Tis a mess indeed, but the Republicans pulled it off. Fear, morality, a perception of fiscal responsibility....how could they have NOT won?

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I do wonder if Kerry would have seceded if he had not been a fellow Yale graduate and Skull and Bones member. It smelled like "Good show, old boy, congratulations." Grrrrr....
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:09 pm
Sure, I'll unite.

I'll make every effort to unite with fellow supporters and protest the immoral quagmire in Iraq.

I'll unite with fellow Democrats to best determine how to win back our country from the hands of this criminally corrupt cabal.

I'll unite with like-minded folks who believe that morality and integrity are more than just words preached by some bible thumping hypocrite on Sunday to insure that an administration this evil won't ever control the destiny of this great nation again.

Koombaya, my ass.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:12 pm
The electoral season is over
The time for conflict is past
So I will dance with your elephant
And you can kiss my ass
0 Replies

loislane17

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 02:18 pm
How far away from the problems that Bush's administration has fomented do you have to be to believe him?
Far away from social programs
Far away from economic destruction
Far away from women's rights
Far away from the children left behind
Far away from world peace and cooperation
Far away from racial diversity
Far away from the "new" class divisions
Far away from gay rights
Far away from freedom
Far away from truth.

And the illusion that you're mighty darn close to god.
I don't think so.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 02:39 pm
We can unite when Bush decides to nominate a judge who will try to interpret the Constition rather than amend it. Who will represent a loyalty to the American people as a whole rather than to a small but now powerful group of religious fanatics.

We can unite when we have someone in the White House interested in the middle class and not in simply getting rich off of a stupid, senseless war.........

I'll unite alright................but not with Bush/Rove/Reed........I'll unite with the other fine folks determined to defeat their efforts.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 03:00 pm
"The president was asked how he would work toward a spirit of bipartisanship after an election campaign that portrayed a country bitterly divided and the two parties far apart philosophically. The president said that some of the divisiveness was endemic to Washington, and was fed by leaders of both parties and the news media.

"One of the disappointments of being here in Washington is how bitter this town can become and how divisive,'' he said. "I'm not blaming one party or the other. It's just the reality of Washington, D.C. - sometimes exacerbated by you, (meaning the press / person that asked the question) because it's great sport. It's really - it's entertaining for some. It also makes it difficult to govern at times.

"But nevertheless, my commitment is there,'' he continued. "I am fully prepared to work with both Republican, Democrat leadership to advance an agenda that I think makes a big difference for the country.''

Just listen to this jerk! He blames the divisiveness on DC and the media!! Blames the media for his difficulty governing!! He's committed to working together to advance HIS agenda! Sounds like a real uniter already.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 03:06 pm
Well of course he's going to blame someone else. When has he ever accepted responsibility for anything, the little silver-spoonfed bastard?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 06:40 pm
First of all, loislane, I am so pleased to see you check in here at a2k, have missed seeing your posts.

Second, the present Bush administration - which has governed with severe questions attending its entrance to office - did not function as a uniting administration. 'Tis silly to expect enthusiasm from those who voted differently; I expect to see renewed and heightened engagement issue by issue from dissenters.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 07:11 pm
Re: Americans must now unite
lt_stapley wrote:
The election's over, we have our president for the next 4 years, and I thank our Father in Heaven that it has turned out as it has. Now the American people must unite together for a single purpose, to defeat the terrorists. They are not an unbeatable foe, but we must unite to destroy them. Let us not bicker this election for the next four years, as we did the last four. Please I beg you, don't let the American spirit die. Unite and defeat this threat to our nation!

I agree. Thank you for the post.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 07:14 pm
If you guys think that Uniting is so important. Why don't you all join me in the next anti-war protest.

I imagine many of us will be there, and we would appreciate if you would unite with us to defeat this threat to our nation!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 07:17 pm
The "threat of terrorism" is as bogus as the fear of flouride in the water turning people into communists.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 07:18 pm
How about uniting behind the President who was elected by the majority of Americans?

That wouldn't mean blindly agreeing with everything that comes out of his mouth. No one else does that. Its about actually listening to the content of what he's saying--and not blindly opposing it just because you can.

Blind opposition is equally as stupid as blind allegience.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 07:18 pm
dyslexia wrote:
The "threat of terrorism" is as bogus as the fear of flouride in the water turning people into communists.

That happened in the 1950's
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 07:21 pm
Quote:
That happened in the 1950's

Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it....
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 07:25 pm
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to reelect it!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 07:40 pm
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room." I love a united america.
0 Replies