A2K London Meet

seaglass

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 01:06 pm
When is the suggested date for the London Meet. I certainly would be interested. My significant other is the one that gets to do all the traveling while I keep the home fires burning and take care of our real estate investments in Hawaii.

I was an antique dealer on the mainland and I still my connections to English, Scott and Irish dealers that I deal with over eBay and would love to meet them in person. They are an important part of my "Cyber World".

Must get my passport renewed.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 01:42 pm
seaglass

The meeting will be on March, 20.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 01:47 pm
c.i., nightmare is correct. You've no idea the horrific places I've stayed in while trying to live "cheap" in London. And "cheap" wold get you a good hotel room, just about anywhere else in the world. Shocked
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 01:51 pm
margo, With tourism down all over the globe, one would think there would be more competition and better prices. It seems hotel prices in London are more competitive, but when you start from one of the highest in the globe, any savings doesn't seem that great. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 01:56 pm
Oh heck Walter,

I'm waiting for a surgery date which will probably be late March.

Maybe next time.

sg
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 01:58 pm
Seaglass

You (and MA) should consider early June?
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 04:02 pm
Are you kidding

that would be like taking a hamburger to a banquet.

I'll leave him in Bethiepoos' and Deb's capable hands.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 04:27 pm
So far I've got a pretty good deal on airfare from San Francisco to London for under $400. Looking at two places for accommodations, both in central London. c.i.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 04:33 pm
Excellent deal, c.i.!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 04:51 pm
What's the weather going to be like next month in London? Must consider what kind of clothes to bring. c.i.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 05:01 pm
Well, since I'm only an hour away, this problem doesn't occur that much for me.

You may look up here, c.i.

http://www.virtual-london.com/default.asp?type=weather

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/review/year2002.shtml

Since I'm not that sure, if we'll have exactly such weather as described here
http://www.heatisonline.org/contentserver/objecthandlers/index.cfm?ID=3149&method=full :wink:
probably our British friends can give some better advice.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 05:19 pm
Thank you, Walter. Very helpful. Looks like it'll be in the high forties - very cold by California standards. We're in the sixties now. c.i.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 07:46 pm
Seaglass

Are you suggesting that MA would be surplus to your requirements in London? Confused

Or is it that London would be wasted on his lordship? Very Happy

Anything'd be a change from Bahston, just now! (but then I guess we're not talking about now....)

as a PS - pueo's talking of Sydney in May!

c.i. - let me know how you go with the hotel business. If I get to London in June, I'll have to doss somewhere, at least for one night. Confused
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 08:03 pm
margo, Will do. I'm considering two 'flophouses.' The first one is the Regent Palace Hotel close to Glasshouse Stree/Regent @ 44 pounds/nite , and the other is the Prince Regent near Marylebone/Baker @ 45 pounds/nite. I'm looking for accommodations close to the Underground for easy transportation, because I'm going to spend six nights in London - probably my very last visit to my fav destination. Want to see a couple of shows while there. c.i.
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 08:36 pm
oh nothing like that Margo, it's just that Andy just hates antiques and doesn't want to be envolved in my business.

i have many many friends in the UK that I buy from (internet -eBAY)and have developed a good rap with over the years. A trip to the UK would be a buying trip and to spend time in Belfast where my grandfather was born. Maybe find some relatives if the IRA hasn't found them first.

but for now I'm stuck on the Big Island taking care of real estate stuff and health issues.

regards,

faity
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 08:51 pm
Seaglass

Well, phooey to him, then! (hates antiques, ha!? he's not reading this, is he? - was going to comment on what makes antiques Twisted Evil )

Just look at what he's missing out on! Laughing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 11:06 pm
Okay, I've made my reservations. Will arrive in London on March 18, and will stay for six nights. I need to ask you Londonors to help with two things; 1) what two shows would you recommend, and 2) can you get me 'good' tickets for the orchestra? c.i.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 09:00 am
c.i.,

Very much looking forward to meeting you.

If we could predict the weather a month in advance, we'd be rich on the system! That's just the variable nature of it in Britain. Prepare for rain but not (usually) extreme cold. The wind may be more noticeable than the temperature, in that regard. You won't need shorts!

Here's a link to a show information site:

http://www.albemarle-london.com/news.html

I hope that helps. I haven't checked out anything other than Mamma Mia which is still running, but I'd certainly recommend that, if you like Abba's music.

KP
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 11:57 am
KP, Thanks for the link. I'm trying to book two shows. We Will Rock You and Bombay Dreams. Thanks again, c.i.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 03:57 pm
There's a possible future outage, which may last some time:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4715&highlight=

I think/hope, most of us have stored the privat email adresses - just in case of.
0 Replies