A2K London Meet

Letty

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 08:37 am
Hey, KP. I understood "pretty" and "expresso"..and English is supposed to be a Germanic language. Razz

Gautam, you darlin' thing. As Tennessee Williams might say: Find me a gentleman caller who would foot the bill then leave me be. Laughing

hmmmm. Wonder if I could get a job singing aboard an ocean liner?Although I'm not exactly a Swedish nightingale, I've been called a Southern belle... bong, bong, bong, bong....bong, bong, bong, bong...

er...that's supposed to be an onomatopoeia for Westminster chimes
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 08:39 am
Armer Ul (?)
0 Replies

ul

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 08:40 am
littlek
why?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 08:42 am
Letty dahling, if only you wud have not insisted on a gentleman, I wud gladly foot the bill, but considering that I am no gentleman......

<I think I need to join German classes if I want to follow this thread>

Even though I lived in Frankfurt for quite sometime, the only things I know is bitte and danke (used it before and after the act Wink ) Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 08:42 am
armes kleines Ding (?)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 08:44 am
Sorry, all, just playing with the online dictionary.

Ul, I was feeling bad for you because there were no gatherings nearby.
0 Replies

ul

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 08:45 am
I think I need better glasses.
I read "schlecht"= bad.

arm= poor is OK.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 09:11 am
ooooh, 'Bad Ul', I would never say that....
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 09:41 am
Gautam, you might check out Any Brits Onboard Yet and start sending the old PMs.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 09:55 am
Apologies, non German speakers.

I just wanted to make ul feel wanted, even if we couldn't have a meeting in Vienna.

I was just saying that Coffee and Cake (esp. the Viennese speciality Sachertorte, a rich chocolate number) would be very nice and that I'd bear the idea in mind the next time I visit Austria, for which I currently have no plans, unfortunately.

I better look at that Brits thread, too!

Kuechepete
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 11:26 am
Well, since my wife and I are taking care for my mother (and an aunt) since October - being myself "on duty 7/7 since that - I've though to take a coiple of days off.
The destination with the cheapest fare from our local airport is ... you wont guess it ... London.

I don't think, I can make it, when everyone else wants it, but ...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 10:27 pm
hmmmmmm, let's see - kitchenPete gave great travel advice when hamburger and mrs. hamburger were in London last year (on their way to their baltic cruise), and ul was everything divine when they were in Vienna the previous year - my parents seem to have truly benefitted from 'knowing' and meeting (in ul's case) a2k'ers.

you guys should definitely try to organize a mini-get-together. more for the rest of us to be envious of - or to aspire to!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 10:29 am
So no-one wants (me?) ... ... ... Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 10:45 am
KP and I are game (right KP ??) - if we get more fantastic - else I am sure we will be enuff to drink for all you guys Wink (right KP ??)

And we want u Walter !!!!!!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 10:58 am
(Thinking, in this case I might drive to another airport and fly to Bergamo ... or Vienna. :wink: )
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 11:18 am
I'll be up for meeting...whoever, whenever!

Gautam and I have discussed meeting before, we just never got round to it.

We'd certainly entertain you if you made it here, Walter, but don't let that stop you having a more relaxing (and no doubt cheaper) break elsewhere.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 12:48 pm
Gautam - citizenship papers! Wow! They must have finally proved wrong all those things (or some of them) I said about you Evil or Very Mad Took them long enough, though Twisted Evil

I may be in Europe in June, the good Lord and that warmongering Bush, and the bank manager willing. No plans for UK at this time. but no plans set yet, anyway, apart from Sweden! This is my chance to see if UK summer is really as good as our winter Cool

I'll keep an eye out here for timing. Where's the Oakman?

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 12:58 pm
Well, I think my visit will be within the next few weeks, to London, I eman. (If you really come to UK this summer, margo, you'll have to fear that I'll do the trip again! :wink:)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 10:23 am
Walter Very Happy

What's the betting Gautam will be in Prague, or Vladivostok, or somewhere stunning!?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 12:08 pm
I don't bet, margo, at least not on Gautam :wink:
0 Replies