Am I overreacting

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 09:13 pm
Hey so I am a new mom and my daughter is 7 months. Straight to the issue - my husband who is my daughter's father likes to hold our daughter in his lap while he is wearing his underwear. Boxer briefs to be exact. Now I find it uncomfortable. Our little girl likes to squirm around and kick a lot and he often likes to just plop her in his lap but he's usually wearing tight underwear so there's just this bulge next to her and I just think it's inappropriate. When I confronted him he was extremely upset and said I need help. All I asked was that when he hold our daughter that he'd put on some form of pants at least and to stop sitting her directly on his crotch when he is wearing underwear. His response was that he wouldn't be picking her up anymore. I don't know if I'm overreacting? I just see this clear division between male and female and the boundaries that should be set.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,357 • Replies: 3
No top replies

saab

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 09:30 pm
@Newmom1989,
How would you have reacted if it had been a little boy?
It sounds as if you are overreacting.
There are parents that take showers or a bath with their children.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 09:31 pm
@Newmom1989,
Yes, you are overreacting. Your husband is the father of your daughter. You should support this.

Imagine how you would feel if the roles were reversed. If your husband was grossed out by how you interacted with your daughter, how would you react? I would be hurt and upset if this happened to me.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2017 06:52 am
@Newmom1989,
As a dad I would be straight up pissed off with such a comment. It isn't gross or anything else. He's a dad holding his daughter, his NEW daughter, let the man bond for Christ sake.

As for boundaries, we aren't talking about a twenty-something girl at a bar, we are talking about a dad and his seven month old daughter. How would you like it if he suggested you keep a newborn son away from your breasts because it crosses a gender boundary?
0 Replies