layman

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 01:23 pm
Quote:
Attorney Don McGahn told Page in a December 2016 letter to “immediately cease” saying he is a Trump adviser and to stop suggesting he was more than a short-lived advisory council member “who never actually met with the president-elect.”

“You were merely one of the many people named to a foreign policy advisory committee in March of 2016 -- a committee that met one time,” McGhan, now White House counsel, also wrote in his letter to Page. “You never met Mr. Trump, nor did you ever ‘advise’ Mr. Trump about anything. You are thus not an ‘advisor’ to Mr. Trump in any sense of the word.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/22/trump-lawyer-told-carter-page-to-cease-calling-self-adviser-as-russia-concerns-intensified.html

Page never met with Trump and he was drummed out of the campaign as soon as some of his connections to russia were revealed.

In contrast, Obama kept known perjurers and liars like Susan Rice and John Brennan working hard to spread false reports about Trump, purportedly coming from Russian intelligence agents, around capital hill and the media. All in the expectation that Russia could help them defeat Trump with lies.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 01:47 pm
This cheese-eater explains the official party line, eh?

Quote:
The only reason the public learned about Flynn’s lie is because someone inside the U.S. government violated the criminal law by leaking the contents of Flynn’s intercepted communications.

In the spectrum of crimes involving the leaking of classified information, publicly revealing the contents of SIGINT — signals intelligence — is one of the most serious felonies.

That “senior U.S. government official” committed a serious felony by leaking to Ignatius the communication activities of Flynn. Similar and even more extreme crimes were committed by what the Washington Post called “nine current and former officials, who were in senior positions at multiple agencies at the time of the calls.

That all of these officials committed major crimes can hardly be disputed...anyone who discloses them — or reports them to the public — is guilty of a felony under the statute.

The officials leaking this information acted justifiably, despite the fact that they violated the law....The mere fact that an act is illegal does not mean it is unjust or even deserving of punishment. Oftentimes, the most just acts are precisely the ones that the law prohibits.

https://theintercept.com/2017/02/14/the-leakers-who-exposed-gen-flynns-lie-committed-serious-and-wholly-justified-felonies/

So, there ya have it, then, eh? Cheese-eating marxist "progressives" are, they claim, justified in committing the most serious felonies if it happens to suit their political purposes.

Same reasoning applies when armed thugs beat peaceful Trump supporters. Who cares if it's "illegal?" It's the RIGHT thing to do, if you ask a cheese-eater. The reason they're so soft on crime is because they all have a criminal mindset which they want to see to unpunished.
layman

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 01:54 pm
@layman,
But even this crime-justifiying cheese-eater can't help but marvel at the hypocrisy of it all, eh?:

Quote:
It’s very possible — I’d say likely — that the motive here was vindictive rather than noble. Whatever else is true, this is a case where the intelligence community, through strategic (and illegal) leaks, destroyed one of its primary adversaries in the Trump White House.

But no matter. What matters is not the motive of the leaker but the effects of the leak. Any leak that results in the exposure of high-level wrongdoing — as this one did — should be praised, not scorned and punished.

IT IS, OF COURSE, bizarre to watch this principle now so widely celebrated. Over the last eight years, President Obama implemented the most vindictive and aggressive war on whistleblowers in all of U.S. history.

It’s hard to put into words how strange it is to watch the very same people — from both parties, across the ideological spectrum — who called for the heads of Edward Snowden, Chelsea Manning, Tom Drake, and so many other Obama-era leakers today heap praise on those who leaked the highly sensitive, classified SIGINT information that brought down Gen. Flynn.

It’s even more surreal to watch Democrats act as though lying to the public is some grave firing offense when President Obama’s top national security official, James Clapper, got caught red-handed not only lying to the public but also to Congress — about a domestic surveillance program that courts ruled was illegal. And despite the fact that lying to Congress is a felony, he kept his job until the very last day of the Obama presidency.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 02:24 pm
good posts Layman. I started searching for news about Rice which led to smething else, long story short, spent 3 hours watching YouTube.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 09:03 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote Blickers:
Quote:
Tillerson, [Secretary of State], is clearly a Russian lap dog.

Quote McGentrix:
Quote:
Yet there is no evidence of any of that beyond the fevered imagination of far left people like you.

I just gave you evidence in Living Color. At the 4 minute 16 second mark of the video, which I repost here, Tillerson is in front of the Russian parliament running down America's sanctions of Russia for taking over the Crimea from Ukraine and invading East Ukraine. When Tillerson runs down the US for daring to oppose Russia, the Russian parliament applauds him and the head of the Russian oil company smiles and nods in triumph and self-satisfaction.

Of course, in order to see that you would have first had to watch the video, which I'm sure you didn't do. Just skipped the whole thing, called the video evidence not evidence, and went on. But others reading the thread can see the video for themselves.

For those who care to see the evidence and wish to watch the video, here it is. It's a good idea to pay special attention take a special look at the 4 min 16 sec mark.

McGentrix

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 09:24 pm
@Blickers,
So, where is the evidence? I sat through that entire torturous Maddow orgasm waiting for the evidence to appear that Tillerson is "clearly a Russian lap dog."

Didn't see it, but I did have to go wash my hands afterward. They felt dirty.

If Tillerson and Trump are in the pockets of Russia, then why did the Justice department deny Exxon's request to waive denial of drilling rights?

U.S. will not give Exxon permission to drill in Russia

Quote:
The United States will not make an exception for American companies, including oil major Exxon Mobil Corp, seeking to drill in areas prohibited by U.S. sanctions on Russia, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Friday.

The unusually direct statement served to clarify that the United States would maintain a tough stance on sanctions against Moscow.

"In consultation with President Donald J. Trump, the Treasury Department will not be issuing waivers to U.S. companies, including Exxon, authorizing drilling prohibited by current Russian sanctions," Mnuchin said in a statement.

Can you explain that to me?
hightor

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2017 04:39 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Can you explain that to me?

There's usually a hidden narrative and a front page story — sometimes public disagreements are seen as helpful to both sides while cooperation continues behind the scenes. This is the version for public consumption at the moment:
Quote:
"It's good from a regulatory perspective as it provides clarity to U.S. companies, but it's also great from a foreign policy perspective," Edward Fishman, a fellow at the Atlantic Council think tank and former State Department official during the Obama administration, said of Mnuchin's statement. "Any uncertainty about the future of sanctions scares our allies and encourages Russia to prolong its aggression in Ukraine."

Obviously considerations were given to the current political situation and it was decided that continuing the sanctions was more important. This one decision doesn't exonerate Trump and Tillerson for all time, nor do previous statements by either of the men indict them as criminals. The "big picture" is where the truth lies — these little snapshots are of limited significance. Former ties between Tillerson and the Russian oil industry, as well as the possible, but as yet unproven, connections between the Trump business empire and various Russian banks only mean that policy decisions with regard to Russia, Putin, the Russian oil industry, and Russian banking need to be carefully scrutinized. And, in all probability, they will be.
layman

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2017 06:31 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Tillerson is clearly a Russian lap dog.

This Rex Tillerman? You better inform the NYT, eh, Blicky?

Quote:
Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson met with President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia for nearly two hours Wednesday, but the two men appeared unable to...move toward an improvement in basic relations.

“There is a low level of trust between our countries,” Mr. Tillerson told reporters at a joint news conference with his Russian counterpart, Foreign Minister Sergey V. Lavrov, after the first face-to-face meetings between Russian leaders and a top emissary of the Trump administration.

For hours after Mr. Tillerson’s arrival in Moscow, it was unclear whether Mr. Putin would even meet with him because of the tense state of relations, which has have worsened just in the past few weeks. Mr. Tillerson said Russian interference in the presidential election was a settled fact.

Tillerson, who was recognized with an Order of Friendship medal by the Russian government while he was the chief executive of Exxon Mobil, has insisted on a tough line on Russia, ruling out any early end to sanctions unless the country returns Crimea to Ukraine and ceases meddling elsewhere.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/12/world/europe/tillerson-putin-lavrov-russia-syria.html?_r=0

Nice try, cheese-eater.

And you probably wonder why everyone sees your credibility as non-existent, eh?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2017 11:04 am
@hightor,
See, I look at things like this differently.

I see Tillerson, as CEO of Exxon, doing what is best for that company. He was a hard worker and did anything necessary to see Exxon prosper. You know, like what a CEO is supposed to do.

Now, Tillerson is SoS. He is doing what is best for the US and is working hard to do anything necessary to see the US prosper. You know, like what a Secretary of State is supposed to do.

He is a hard working dude, dedicated to his job. He obviously can't change the past, nor would he want to I suspect. The problem lies in people like Blickers not being able to understand that a man can do the best job he can at what he is doing now and not be influenced by previous jobs.

Tillerson doesn't work for Exxon anymore so he probably suspects that whoever is in charge there now is doing their best to make Exxon prosper, but it isn't Tillerson's job anymore. He isn't Putin's or Russia's lapdog.
layman

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2017 01:08 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Tillerson doesn't work for Exxon anymore
When I wuzza young chile, I worked for a local gangsta for a good long spell. Breakin into Jewelry stores for his ass, while he done nuthin but demand 90% of the take--**** like that. It was OK at the time.

But I don't feel like I owe him any loyalty now. Matter of fact, the last time I saw his sorry ass was when I broke both his kneecaps with a long-ass piece of lead pipe in a dark alley.

I left town right after that, and never went back. The bastard tried to short-change me, ya know?
farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2017 01:13 pm
@layman,
Now he da pres'dent da whole fuckin Unitey States.
hightor

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2017 02:11 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
See, I look at things like this differently.

Not all that differently in this case.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2017 03:26 pm
@layman,
You know what? I spent my about 3/4 of my entire working life in industrial maintenance, and I've never once seen a piece of lead pipe. Of course, I never lived in Flint, Michigan, either.

farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2017 03:40 pm
@roger,
they probably didnt have lead pipes in Flint either. They probably had cast iron with some lead packers at connectors or, going into the houses, copper pipes with lead "Sweats"
The onlylead Id ever seen was in packers used in drill casing
layman

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2017 04:54 pm
@farmerman,
Well, y'all aint been round much, or you're young-uns, or maybe both, eh? Every joint had lead pipes back in the day. Lead is malleable, and easy to work with. Lead pipe also make an excellent battering rod, because you can wrap it clean around some perv's head with the right force--it just bends on around, causing maximum damage.

Lead was used mainly for drain lines, usually 1.5" to 2" inches in diameter--tubs, sinks, and ****, although it was also used for water lines (usually less than 1" in diameter)---that aint the kind ya use to bash a perv--too skinny.

The word "plumbing" comes from the latin word for "lead," ya know?
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2017 05:02 pm
@roger,
I've seen lead pipe used in short lengths and formed to curves which would be impractical for rigid pipe. Always in old construction — gutters, cisterns, and late 19th/early 20th century renovations where running water was being plumbed into much older structures.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2017 05:03 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Now he da pres'dent da whole fuckin Unitey States.

Goddammit. I proclaim all Ebonics day tomorry in honor of our resident knee-slapper. Is there any way to get him to dial it back???
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2017 12:21 am
@roger,
Quote:
You know what? I spent my about 3/4 of my entire working life in industrial maintenance, and I've never once seen a piece of lead pipe.

The pipe connecting the S-bend of mumma's toilet, to the vertical cast iron sewer pipe, is all lead.
roger

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2017 12:30 am
@Builder,
Well, that's not the kind of thing I would expect to see on a day to day basis.

Is it pretty old construction?
Builder

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2017 12:45 am
@roger,
51 years. I don't come across much in the way of lead piping, but I know that one is lead.