SOS should I ask him to my sorority formal?!

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2017 04:22 pm
There's this guy I used to hook up and snapchat with and had a fun chill relationship with. Long story short the day after we hooked up and I went out with my friends that night, I avoided him at the bar bc I'm an idiot (it was me-issues) and he came up to me and asked me why I was avoiding him and drunk me said "I'm not avoiding you!" Then we kind of just stopped talking and now I realize how idiotic that was. Started snap chatting him again and just get spotty or nonexistent responses. He said hi and hugged me when we saw each other at the bar recently. My formal is coming up and I want to ask him. Do you think that is too much or does he likely not care too much? Would you say yes or no in that situation?

jespah

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2017 04:37 pm
@jenniferkro,
It sounds to me like he's distancing himself from you. A formal is more of a big deal than a regular date. Why not ask him out on a date? Something small, and not so fraught with meaning. If he says yes, then maybe consider progressing to asking him to the formal. If he says no, then you know where you stand.

Oh, and if the formal is tomorrow - don't ask him to it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2017 05:21 pm
@jenniferkro,
Invite him out for a coffee. See if there's anything there.

Inviting a random hookup to a formal seems a bit pathetic. At least try to develop a bit of a relationship first.
0 Replies

Eian Mcneely

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 05:05 am
@jenniferkro,
I think there is something that he doesn’t like about you. Try to build more into relationship, have a good conversation with him then decide.

good luck!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 05:35 am
I think he's totally confused by you. I know I am after reading your story.

To now ask this guy to a formal event smacks of using him. Expect a No.

Doesn't "Hookup" mean sex?

If roles were reversed he would be called some bad names, for sure.
0 Replies