Liberal Elite have NO CLUE

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 02:17 pm
Actually, it is the neoconservatives who believe what their own media tell them who are completely clueless, and here's why:

Quote:
http://www.consortiumnews.com/2004/101904.html

Journalist Ron Suskind relates a chilling conversation he had in 2002 with a senior aide to George W. Bush, who taunted Suskind for being a person from "what we call the reality-based community."

The Bush aide said this "reality-based community" consists of people who "believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality." Suskind nodded in agreement and muttered something favorable about the principles of the Enlightenment, only to be cut off by the aide.

"That's not the way the world really works anymore," the Bush aide told the journalist. "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality - judiciously, as you will - we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors … and you, all of you, will be left to study what we do."

In many ways, that quote - cited in Suskind's New York Times Magazine article about Bush's "faith-based presidency" - sums up the anti-rational arrogance that has become the hallmark of Bush's inner circle, a group that apparently thinks that its actions transcend both law and reason. [See "Without a Doubt," New York Times Magazine, Oct. 17, 2004]
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 02:59 pm
I read the entire Suskind article in the NY Times Magazine when it appeared. That quote, in particular, scared the hell out of me.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 04:22 pm
D'artagnan:

It explains so much regarding media manipulation and the entire myth about the liberal media.

In this day and age, with so much at stake, it has become so fundamentally easy to convince people to believe something that just isn't true. It has also been fandamentally easy to convince people to hate, to loathe, and to despise those of whom they truly know nothing about.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 04:27 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
D'artagnan:

It explains so much regarding media manipulation and the entire myth about the liberal media.

In this day and age, with so much at stake, it has become so fundamentally easy to convince people to believe something that just isn't true. It has also been fandamentally easy to convince people to hate, to loathe, and to despise those of whom they truly know nothing about.

I guess you are speaking about yourself and those of your ilk here at A2K. It seems you were looking in the mirror when you made this post.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 04:28 pm
Indeed, Dookiestix. What baffles me is the fact the Bush, who believes he's in touch with the divine will, can't understand how someone like Osama Bin Ladin probably feels the same way.

That's the part that bothers me, but I guess it's because I'm not a true believer.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 04:48 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Americans like woiyo think that everyone outside the US should butt out of our business.

These Americans also tend to believe, of course, that the US should interfere with other countries whenever we deem it necessary...

That about covers my thoughts.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 05:12 pm
The rightwing neoconservative media needs to do whatever they can in their power to distract those poor, highly impressionable minds from coming to the profound realization that the man they worship in the Oval Office is a complete moron:

http://69.56.179.3/dubya_mp3/allvolunteer.mp3

http://69.56.179.3/dubya_mp3/internets.mp3

http://69.56.179.3/dubya_mp3/sovereignty.mp3

And one of the more telling "misstatements" by Bush:

http://69.56.179.3/dubya_mp3/arm_terrorists.mp3

"Americans are serving and sacrificing to keep this country safe and to bring freedom to others. After the attacks of September the 11th, 2001, this nation resolved to fight terrorists where they dwell. We resolved to arm the terrorist enemy."
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 06:23 pm
You should all take a trip out here to CA to see the real liberal "elite". These are the latte sipping set with Kerry/Edwards stickers on their Volvos. Many have never been out of the state. They had wealthy parents and they themselves are wealthy. They no nothing of the Democratic party other than it represents their "ideals", but not reality. They know nothing of welfare mothers on ADC, nothing of poor inner city gang members, nothing of retirees living off their social security check with no personal savings, nothing at all about that giant sucking sound coming from the left....

Yet they have no problem voting with this block. Hypocrites.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 06:42 pm
TO-morrow!

TO-morrow!

I love you, tomorrow.

You're only a daaaaaay aaaaaaa-way!

(Sorry, just had to break into song!)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 06:48 pm
Hee hee. I can't wait!!!
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 06:51 pm
Yeah, cjhsa, you should also see the middleclass and lower income progressives with their bottled water and MUNI fast passes, barely making ends meet, who ALSO have Kerry/Edwards stickers on their 1982 Honda wagons and backpacks, who, regardless of where they CAME from, are STILL California residents and have a right to vote, just like any OTHER transplant in ANY other state.

And contrary to your one-sided take on that, they are VERY smart and pretty hip as to what is happening both demographically and politically in this world.

There are actually ALOT more Republican neoconservatives who are utterly CLUELESS to the urban blight of "welfare mothers on ADC," "poor inner city gang members," and "retirees living off their social security check with no personal savings" (oh, my what a sin THAT must be in your little world)...

There are just as many neoconservative alcoholics living in trailer parks voting for Bush as there are crack addicts voting for Kerry, if not more. And, those trailers parks see LOTS of people moving from state to state.

But really, the whole point of my statement is to point out how utterly assinine your comment was.

You must be having a bad day.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 06:54 pm
Quote:
Hee hee. I can't wait!!!

Boy, neither can I!!!!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 06:58 pm
On Hardball last night a stat was given that women with college education are more likely to be Kerry voters. Women with high School or lower education are more likely Bush voters.

Wish I knew where they got those stats. Would be interesting to see.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 07:02 pm
squinney wrote:
On Hardball last night a stat was given that women with college education are more likely to be Kerry voters. Women with high School or lower education are more likely Bush voters.

Wish I knew where they got those stats. Would be interesting to see.

A vast majority of people with a college education are nothing more then educated idiots. Brain washed by liberal professors who think they know what is going on. Did you ever notice that most people who vote liberal don't even live by how they vote? Politics and reality don't mix.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 07:04 pm
Quote:
A vast majority of people with a college education are nothing more then educated idiots.

Oh, please, do tell us more, professor...

Laughing
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 07:06 pm
That's like saying this:

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/db/2004/db041031.gif
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 07:28 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Did you ever notice that most people who vote liberal don't even live by how they vote? Politics and reality don't mix.

LOL! Don't get me started on all of the right wing, moral majority Republicans caught in the last several years having hetero and homosexual affairs, being treated for drug addictions and getting caught stealing.

There's no corner on the "Do as I say, Not as I do" market, Baldi.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:04 pm
Before I read this thread, I never know that education was such a bad thing.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:15 pm
Baldimo wrote:
A vast majority of people with a college education are nothing more then educated idiots.

I remember hearing this same argument when I first began to question the rationality of religion. It didn't work then either.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:16 pm
But then again, since I am satan, you might not want to listen to me on that one.
0 Replies