Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 05:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
What?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 05:54 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

I don't know if you get the irony, but you are denouncing while talking about me being a denouncer; sort of the way it went during the primaries. In any case, I will agree to disagree, even if you do not.

You never once acknowledged the truth that the Democratic establishment has consistently lost ground over the years, until they control very little. If they would acknowledge this one fact, they might be ready to move constructively forward.
revelette1

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 07:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yes we have lost ground, the country has went farther to the right on most issues with the exception of Obama, but, perhaps with the republicans in control of both congress and the white house and soon, the supreme court (I think I read Kennedy is thinking of quitting?)people will realize votes (or not voting at all) and elections have consequences.

So are you wanting the establishment democrats to leave the democrat party and the progressives (for lack of a better term) take over the party? Or to just grow the independent party bigger?

As for an admission, I am not sure. It is worth looking for me to see who supports each candidate and to see how each votes or advocates and make a decision based on that rather than a blanket condemnation.

0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 07:32 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I did kind of butt my way in and bring up the primaries and all that. There is a lot of angst among democrats and Bernie Sander's supporters which I think has not simply disappeared and made worse because the progressives feel they were cheated and pushed aside and they were a little bit. To my mind, it is a shame because democrat voters who have democrat voters their whole lives actually have more in common and want the same end as the independents (or progressives.)

It would be like if the republican party split apart among tea partiers and life long republicans, half their voting power would be wiped away if they had tea partiers denouncing the establishment republican who might have won the primaries. Or if having lost, the tea partiers spend more time fighting republicans than they do democrats. The established republicans would end up having to fight both tea partiers and democrats.
roger

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 08:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I have not insulted anybody here. We are arguing politics, not trading personal insults. Mind your own business.

There you go!
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 08:32 pm
@revelette1,
I understand
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 08:36 pm
What I want most is for the establishment Democrats to acknowledge that what they are doing is driving away support for liberal answers. If it were otherwise, conservatives would not be controlling practically the entire nation. It's not enough to win the presidency and continue losing in virtually every other aspect of governance. Establishment folks must break free from big money and expand their concern to include the people they are losing: the white working class, in particular. If they feel they can better their circumstance by voting Democratic, enough of these people will do so. All too many Democrats read the term white workers and the knee jerk reaction is: racist, dummies, etc. And no matter what is promised, the white workers will only respond to positive action and the prospect of bettering their circumstances. An inclusive program that makes good on promises to all races.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 10:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
You do not speak for me.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 May, 2017 04:38 am
@ossobucotemp,
Please quit speaking to me if you are seeking a fight.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Mon 8 May, 2017 06:29 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
An inclusive program that makes good on promises to all races.

I actually agree with caveats of course. It must be acknowledged racism is not dead, particularly in rural and southern states. However, I agree poor working (or looking for work, disabled...) whites need to be included in programs as well.

I live in a rural part of KY, it is still very racist. Moreover not all the objections are to do with economics but on moral issues which really don't allow much compromise such as women's right to choose and gay rights. Not too many of them that I know are too concerned with environmental issues except they think it shuts down coal mines, fracking and small private oil companies. (I see oil pumps all over the place, not sure if that is fracking, don't know beans about it.) I once knew a guy who carried a gun in his car just for the EPA guys he was in feuds with on account of the swampy land he had that he was trying to clean-up but the EPA objected. He finally lost that lawsuit and is just half way cleaned up. It does flood over the roads when it rains hard. Moreover, it wasn't originally swampy to begin with cause it used to be a coal mine and somehow or another (don't know exactly) it ended up swampy. My point is that there are a lot of issues where I don't see much compromise.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 May, 2017 07:13 am
@revelette1,
You can't enforce morality or education where there is no will. It's only through having programs that work and keeping your word that you can drain off some of the votes. I have not suggested a rock hard conservative will become a liberal. But among the people you described in your last post are people who essentially want to do better in life and some of these could be the margin for electoral victory. They want to be treated with dignity and to feel somebody is interested in them.

revelette1

Reply Mon 8 May, 2017 09:32 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
They want to be treated with dignity and to feel somebody is interested in them.

True, and there is definitely a need in rural areas which are largely overlooked.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 8 May, 2017 02:45 pm
@revelette1,
I know something mostly irrelevant about many oil pumps (pump jacks) that I thought I would throw in, here. Our oil & gas operations are mostly gas, but there are pump jacks all over the place. What happens is that they complete a well in a flooded formation and set those pump jacks just to remove water so the gas comes to the surface under its own pressure. After a year or so, they remove them and start gas production.

There now, wasn't that interesting.
revelette1

Reply Mon 8 May, 2017 02:51 pm
@roger,
So it is not really bad for the environment? I should know about it, related to people who have them, but just never cared to inquire. You can usually tell if it is a oil pump though because it kind of stinks.
roger

Reply Mon 8 May, 2017 03:05 pm
@revelette1,
Don't know. I guess it depends on the quality of the produced water, and how it's disposed of. New regulations were predicted to kill the industry around here, but several years later it still seems more related to supply/demand laws. I don't recall whether those regulations were state, federal, or just the properties under BLM control.

0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 8 May, 2017 04:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
Politics are well my business.

quote -
@ossobucotemp,
Please quit speaking to me if you are seeking a fight.

You get to be dictator on your own thread. People don't get to challenge you?
Okey dokey.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 8 May, 2017 04:45 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Some may remember that I'd no clue, or faint clue, of this woman. I'm a trenches type, or was. I remember a guy I like slamming me for that, sort of like how could I be so stupid, at the start of this thread.
Call me local.

I'm also world interested, but that has its own complexity.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 May, 2017 05:19 pm
@ossobucotemp,
You were spoiling for a fight last night. If you want to discuss it today, go ahead and give it a shot.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 8 May, 2017 07:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
You tend to spoil for a fight. Consider yourself about disagreements. Sometimes I think you are near hysteric, me, who mosttly agrees with you.
Bye, and be well.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 May, 2017 07:45 pm
Bye bye. I knew she just wanted a fight.
0 Replies