Broke NC and made a fool of myself

Drkhrt

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 02:44 pm
I was doing really well. Obviously I was missing my ex, but I managed to maintain NC for 11 days, and I know I would've kept it going for longer. But then something happened today.
I was informed I had been successful in a job I had an interview for the other day, and I was so excited that I wanted to tell everybody- unfortunately, that included my ex.
When I told him he responded neutrally with 'congratulations and good luck'. As per usual, I attempted conversation with him but he made it clear he didn't want to talk any further beyond that by giving me a blunt text. I then said something to try to keep the conversation going which he didn't respond to. And then, in an attempt to recover my dignity, I sent him an 'honest' text to explain my other texts. I told him I miss him and blah blah etc etc. Which of course didn't explain anything, and actually made me look like even more of a dumbass.
Now I just feel and look really stupid. I was doing so well and for some dumb reason I broke NC just to tell my ex (who didn't care) about my new job. Now I've lost my initial excitement about my new job because all I can think about is what a fool I made of myself to my ex

chai2

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 04:43 pm
You lost whatever dignity you thought you had when you decided to play silly No Communication games with someone.

farmerman

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 05:06 pm
@chai2,
see, I thought that NC meant "New Cat"
roger

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 05:10 pm
@farmerman,
Me too, and just imagine my thoughts about someone who broke their new cat.
farmerman

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 06:08 pm
@roger,
first thing popped inta my head was "Less getta Rope"!!
chai2

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 06:56 pm
@farmerman,
I thought she broke North Carolina, and was thinking how much trouble she was in.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 07:19 pm
@Drkhrt,
Okay, it happened. Job One: delete his contact info from your phone. Job Two: block him on all forms of social media. Job Three: find things to do with your time. Job Four: counseling.

You're gonna be okay.
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 09:40 pm
Dont be hard on yourself. You found out some valuable information: he's not interested any more.

That should help you move on.

How are you feeling now?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2017 01:08 pm
@Drkhrt,
You desperately need to see a therapist to help you move on from your ex. Sincerely and seriously.

You're behavior from his perspective? Verging on stalkerish.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2017 03:20 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
Job Four: counseling.

I think this needs to be higher on the list.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2017 03:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

You desperately need to see a therapist to help you move on from your ex. Sincerely and seriously.

You're behavior from his perspective? Verging on stalkerish.

this
0 Replies