Is he worth it?

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2017 11:16 pm
I have been dating this guy for nearly 8 months. He is 2 years younger than me. We are in our 20's. I honestly don't really know what to think of him as of late. Things have become fairly too comfortable & routine, not in a very good way. When we first started dating, he claimed to be a lot of things & I will be straightforward & admit that I was quick to believe (which is/was my mistake entirely). He claims to love me yet I doubt that sometimes. He lied to me in the beginning, told me he didn't smoke... Which he eventually told me that he did before we made things official. I would definitely say that he is addicted to marijuana. I've never been a fan of smoking personally & I didn't think that I'd have a problem with the one I'm dating to smoke, but it has surely become a problem & I will elaborate more on why. The first thing he does in the morning before ANYTHING, is smoke. He complains on not being able to find a good job because well, he smokes & they drug test everywhere nowadays so he has to find connections to find a sturdy job that is hourly. Currently works an hourly job & on any break he can get, he takes that time to smoke. To me, it is unhealthy. Told me from the start that he was moving back home to live with his parents to save on expenses to go back to school & now tells me that he has actually always hated school & did not ever do well & thinks that school is a waste of time (which I get that school isn't for everyone) but in my opinion, being educated is always a good thing! I am going back to school to further myself. I have asked him what his life plans are & it's really not as expanded as I would like to hear. He only cares to body build pretty much & to me, that's a hobby. He doesn't really do much to further himself & I have come to realize that I want much more. Both he & I work nearly every day of the week from early in the day to close, therefore we only pretty much see each other at the gym. My parents are really strict which I respect fully so we are unable to spend nights at each other's homes. He is also insecure in my opinion, never wanting me to talk to any friends, driving up to my job to make sure I'm there like I say (CRAZY), tries to control what I wear & check this: when I've told him in the morning a few times that I couldn't sleep really the night before, he asks me where I've been going & who I've been with. He also always gets loud when trying to get his point across, but most of the time he'd call me out on something completely ridiculous just to show others & feel for himself that he has the upper hand. For example, the other day, we went to the gym together & I wore a cropped TEE (non-revealing, all covered up in the front, cutouts in the back only) & shorts. A basic outfit any girl would wear to work out. I walked past a man who just made a comment that I was in shape. I can take a respectful comment! To me, not all men are dirtbags but to him, they are. It's okay to me that he's protective of me, however, he is just too much to handle at most. He turned to the man & told him not to do that & say certain things, then turned to me & said, "See? I'm always ******* right!!! Next time, you're covering up more. I will buy you turtlenecks to wear." To all, specifically other women reading this, would you put up with this? How would you handle this situation? I am to the point where I am so fed up & I really honestly feel stupid for sticking around for as long as I have. I suppose it's because his family has been good to me that I can't find it in my heart to pull away. Or maybe I'm in love with the idea of love? At times he is very sweet, but our relationship seems like it is only based on sex lately... That's not love to me. A little more about me is that I am a city girl who loves to explore & go on adventures! Meet people. Maintain an active social lifestyle. Friends are important to me & he on the other hand only wants to stay in & smoke. He barely takes me out! He has asked me to use my credit card many times (by now, he has probably had me pay over $500) for things that he said he was going to pay me back for & never did. I am not the type to demand things back because I believe that if he were the loving boyfriend he claimed to be & kept his word, I wouldn't or shouldn't need to ask for my money back anyway. He also has had me pay for movies & dinner several times! Which I normally would not mind if he were doing things for me too as frequently, but he does not. He has asked me for gas money, which I provide every time. Says he's too embarrassed to have to ask his parents, but I know that they wouldn't help him out (to better him) anyway. I am close to his mom & she has told me time after time that if I feel mistreated in any way by her son, to leave. She is someone I truly respect! He mentioned to me recently that he wants to get an apartment together, but if we did, he wanted me to know that he would install cameras in every corner to watch my every move, to make sure that no one comes by... Once, I asked him to do me a favor for my new job that I had jut started at the time. I needed to go pick up the key from my boss, but I couldn't until around 9pm because I was stuck supporting him at his bodybuilding show all day since 7am!!!!!! He turned to me & asked why I was asking that of him, that if I needed to go, I needed to give him gas money. We didn't even end up going. I was soooooooo enraged & he gave me **** because I was pissed of due to his asshole behavior & guess what?! I had to ride with him the whole time & he chose to go to his cousin's nearby to (you guessed it) SMOKE. He has also told me once before that if I ever cheated on him, that he would ruin my life??? A part of me is also I suppose, scared... He even tells his so-called best friends that! He calls them best friends, but tells me that one of them is a "bitch" & the other is pretty much a man whore. They befriended me online & I accepted their requests & he told me to delete them bc he does not trust them. He says his last relationship was a major disaster & for a while, kept bringing his ex up to compare with me. Doesn't do that anymore, but uses that as an excuse for his behavior & personality. I should not have to teach him to be a better/proper boyfriend & I refuse to do that forever. I always stay calm, but I stand up for myself when I'm wronged! But like the gym thing, he held that against me all day until at night, he mentioned that I shouldn't listen to him more. I disagree fully. Please someone, give me your thoughts on this... I feel so used, so blinded... So naive. WHY AM I STILL IN THIS... Friends have told me to let go for a while now, yet I haven't. They even know him to be "extra" & disapprove. Says he does not care about any of my friends or their wellbeing. I deserve more. Any woman deserves more than this! I am all about self-confidence & body & female empowerment. Do what you love, whatever it is that makes you happy! Life is too short... What has the world come to... Where are all the good & true men? He has never even bought me flowers & always wants to take MY CAR to places so he doesn't have to pay for gas.

hightor

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 04:16 am
@ninjacutie,
I couldn't get half way through this without coming to the conclusion that you should show this loser the door. Then I forced myself to finish it — and really wonder why you haven't slammed it shut on him already. Honestly, get this guy out of your life and don't look back. You don't to put up with this level of immaturity.

By the way, there's a great new invention — it's call paragraphs. Check it out.
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 06:00 am
Of course his parents like you. Now there's someone to put up with and take care of their spoiled, controling, self absorbed son who cant deal with life unless he's high.

Listen to your gut and get away from him. You may have to get a restraining order to do this.
ninjacutie

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 07:32 am
@hightor,
Thank you for your input! Also, my bad LOL I was so irritated & kept typing out things continuously, but now that you've mentioned it, it's quite annoying 😅
0 Replies

ninjacutie

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 07:34 am
@PUNKEY,
Thank you so much!!! This thought has definitely come to my mind too. His dad is also a pothead & I don't communicate with him much. Has anger issues I would say & gets mad when he feels like it.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 07:38 am
@ninjacutie,
Quote:
He mentioned to me recently that he wants to get an apartment together, but if we did, he wanted me to know that he would install cameras in every corner to watch my every move, to make sure that no one comes by...
This is the only thing I needed to read in order to strongly recommend that you end this relationship as quickly as possible. He could be perfect in every other way he treats you and this would still lead me to tell you to run from this relationship.

You are asking for trouble if you stay with him. I could pick apart your post and point out a number of other red flags, but this one is enough to suggest you end things.
ninjacutie

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 07:42 pm
@CoastalRat,
Thank you so much for responding!!! It truly means a lot. I plan on ending things, I'm just retrying to figure out how to approach it first!
0 Replies