Hardest Thing about moving in with your spouse was...

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 11:43 am
not mumble-jumble to you, gus. i know you were an anthropologist living in vienna before you moved to the farm in 1895!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 11:47 am
Sweetheart, I'm 5'9" and my feet are not tiny.
Chances are, I can spit on your bald, shiny head.

Just once, get the hell out of the swamp and ingest
the anthropological mumble-jumble, you'll get so fond of,
once experienced.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 11:50 am
double post - sorry http://www.borge.diesal.de/oh.gif
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 11:52 am
You didn't have to repeat it, I hear you the first time.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 11:54 am
I believe we are witnessing the bizarre courtship rituals of two people who were meant for one another.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 12:50 pm
Joahaeyo--

Establish a box--or even a corner--as a Debatable Zone. Then be prepared to compromise.

As for those bits and pieces which are no longer available. A number of loving women have been flitting through your fiance's home. When in doubt about a missing object, smile and announce, "Not on my watch."
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 03:40 pm
kickycan wrote:
I believe we are witnessing the bizarre courtship rituals of two people who were meant for one another.

Isn't it beautiful.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 04:41 pm
Read my lips: NO WAY!!

I'm not cut out for a life at the swamp. Besides gus needs
a few pointers in how to treat women and I'm too old
for a missionary.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 04:55 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Read my lips: NO WAY!!

I'm not cut out for a life at the swamp. Besides gus needs
a few pointers in how to treat women and I'm too old
for a missionary.

CJ
Were just ribbing you dear, no need to get your feathers ruffled, I personally, have taken more jabs than Mike Tyson. It's a good way to learn how to duck!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 05:06 pm
Oh sorry paulaj, I should have put an emoticon there
showing that I don't take this seriously at all.

I can handle everything - including gus Mr. Green
my feathers don't get ruffled, ever! In fact, I like a
little teasing, it puts salt in the soup.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 05:12 pm
Good for you CJ, sometimes the party can get a little rough and it's hard to read people via the internet.

Gus means no harm, we all love him and you will too if you stick around.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 07:43 am
Joa - RP moved in with me (from his folks'), so he just had movable goods and no furniture. It was also a slow process, he spent months moving in, drawer by drawer, really. :-D

We finally did 3 things that really cemeted the moving-in thing. (1) Had both sets of parents over and took them out. This was them meeting each other for the first time. I assume you've already done something like that. (2) Went to IKEA and we bought matching dressers. Mine finally gave up the ghost this year, but from '90 - '04 we had matching IKEA dressers. :-D and (3) Got engaged. Of course you've already done that.

Anyway, the point is, we got stuff together which I think was pretty neat. It took a while before we bought other furniture. For a really long time, the only new things we owned were those 2 dressers, but they were somewhat symbolic of the combining of our collective stuff.

PS The sledge hammer and various screws are in the basement. No one goes down there unless they're moving laundry around or working with the freezer, so I don't care what's down there. Don't overestimate the value of "out of sight, out of mind" storage.
0 Replies