Hurting others makes me feel good

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 02:57 am
Once a lady told me, you hurt people and that makes you feel good.

It took me some time to abstract the emotions I had for this girl, and realize how true her statement was.

You see, hurting others, gives you control and power over them, and only a significant weak person will execute that kind of emotional manipulation to others.

I've spent a good period of my life, where I couldn't do otherwise, hurting others and especially people that I was supposedly in love with, it was my only tactic, and it was the only thing I could do to survive with all the other bad feelings I had, like possessiveness, jealousy, envy.

What I realized is, it takes a lot of effort to learn how to let go. I wasn't educated like that. I thought that if I wanted something, I have to ask for it, steal it, take it in any way possible, regardless the risk or the cost. I didn't know what "let go" is. My ego was my guide. And when you let ego drive your life, you can only hurt people.

If you dear reader, recognize that kind of behavior to yourself, I have to advise you something. Let it go, forgive. Forgive and accept yourself, first of all, really accept yourself, make peace with him. It all starts with us. If you are not good with yourself, you won't be with others as well.

Don't hurt anyone. They eventually leave, and you will be all by yourself, but you are not the victim here. They didn't leave you, you show them the door. When you hurt like I did, just to feel ok about yourself, at some point you will realize, what a small, pathetic, little human being you are.

We can do better!

dalehileman

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 10:30 am
@AffairNinjaTurtle,
If you enjoy hurting others, Turt, you've come to the right place

You should welcome respopnses from all the TAT
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 09:29 pm
@AffairNinjaTurtle,
Hmmm...Buddhist monks learn how to let go. People learn how to let go in limited situations, but generally speaking, you replace one habit with another. Generally speaking, the bad feelings of Person A that lead to Person A hurting others, are self reinforcing...also leading to Person A exhibiting behaviours that lead to others treating Person A person in a way that reinforces Person A's bad feelings.

Replacing one habit with another, is the reason such people sometimes 'find God', and do a complete about face...they replace the old system of beliefs with a new one, and live it completely (just as the old system was lived completely)

Most people though, need a different approach (than finding God). Taking responsibility or yourself (eg admitting you have a problem) and where you are going is a big step... and here, letting go (as you say) is also essential (letting go of victim mentality).
farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2017 07:30 am
@vikorr,
I never hunt people, only animals. Ive had enough hunting people in my life. War is not good for the environment
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2017 07:38 am
@farmerman,
Do you eat the animals you hunt Farma? I am sure you do.
I dislike hunting for sports.
farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2017 08:12 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
oh yes. That is the only reason for hunting. I wont hunt stuff like deer or moose 'cause they are majestic (and they really dont taste too good)
0 Replies