Would it be alright to ask for an English check of a text here?

Aermeth

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2017 10:45 am
Hello! Before actually making my request, I'd like to know if it would be okay to even ask, I don't want to be a bother Smile

I have a text with around 400 words that I'd like to have checked by a native English speaker. It's a case report that an acquaintance of mine intends to submit to a medical magazine (or something like that?). I was asked to help because my English skills are a little better than his, but this is important so I've been trying to find a native speaker willing to help.

Would it be alright to make such a request here?

Blickers

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2017 03:14 pm
@Aermeth,
That is very polite of you. Of course it is all right. If I'm online when you post it, I will proofread it for you. Of course, I am not a professional proofreader, others on here are better than I am at that, but my sentences usually come out accepted as correct English.

Other people on here will join in, I am sure. So feel free to post your text.
Aermeth

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 10:46 am
@Blickers,
Thank you so much! Very Happy

I'll talk to my acquaintance and see if he'll send me the new version he's been working on after I suggested some corrections. He's very busy at the hospital right now so I don't know exactly when that will be, but thank you so much for replying and offering to help. : )
0 Replies