Would you not agree that this behavior comes off as sketchy and mysterious to say the least??

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 06:18 pm
So I happen to be in a relationship for almost 2 1/2 years now, with my bf who is in his late thirty's, and well, I have come to the conclusion that he is somehow mysterious, I mean I get that he is discrete, but it just comes off as mysterious to be quite honest, he does not like to make noise when he is walking LOL I have never met his ''friends'' I Don't even think he has many, the only ''friend'' that I have metwas his roomate (which is a weed head, smokes a lot of weed) it was a HI and bye type of interaction, he has another friend that,he talksabout which is an old man in his 50, that supposedly is a friend of his family, I have never seen him,the times thatme and my bf hang around which are not very frequent, due to hectic medical school schedules, I have never seen that man, another thing supossedly my bf does not smoke, yet I caught a box of marlboro cigarettes underneath his laptop and his odd excuse is: he keeps it there for the laptop to ventilate the hot air. And I say Oh really? so he bought a box of marlboro just to serve as a laptop cushion, I don't think so. either he smokes or someone else that went or goes to his house does. I did confront him and he said that he smokes ''once in a blue moon'', but to me he still lied ,why could he not say it since the beginning?

The othe part is,I remember when we started dating, he told he me how he disliked social media, and ''did not have any of them''.He happens to hate pictures,in our whole relationship we never took not one picture, I tried long time ago for a dinner I invited him to,,and he did not want to he said he look unpolished blah blah blah, he was so awkward about it, and just told me he did not like to take pictures ,and the fact that he does not like his pictures to be on internet or FACEBOOK,since he likes ''privacy''.he also mentioned that there are not many pics of him.

Yet I checked his family members facebook and saw 3 pics of him,then the part that bothered me, was that I ended up finding out that he has a facebook profile, with a made up name and an actual picture of him( very ironic isn't it, since he does not like neither social media or taking pictures and is sooo conscious about his Privacy Humm???). something that really caught my eye is that he does not have any of his family members on his facebook profile,I have seen all of his families profiles and none of them have him and visceversa.

His excuse to why he has that facebook account is: ''yeah that's an old facebook account that I made but I don't use,its been sitting there for some time, but, I don't use it. Honestly I could not see any content,I suppose he has it private, yet I saw 5 people that are friends with him, and facebook suggested them to me, there profiles are public. 4 of them I have seen them from university, and there was this girl, whom I have no clue who she is. so I checkedher facebook and HE became friends with her on 2015, to me that is not so long ago, So he must have been logging around that time.Facts are facts and this does not match with his so EXCUSE according to me. This especific facebook issue gives me the impression that something is rotten in the state of denmark, even though he insist in the'' it's old and I don't use it'' excuse. I really don't want to judge him and believe he is not telling the me the truth, But TBH all of it, just seems weird!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,071 • Replies: 5

jespah

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 06:45 pm
@jenny-00,
You absolutely certain he's not married?
0 Replies

Tiger81

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 06:33 am
@jenny-00,
All indications that he is married
Krumple

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 08:08 am
@Tiger81,
Tiger81 wrote:

All indications that he is married

There is another explanation. He is a terrible friend so he has ended up without them. Sounds like he might have some insecurities which lead him to lying thinking it's better to cover them up but he's not good at lying.

A compulsive liar loner.
0 Replies

vanessafranca2304

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 08:42 am
@jenny-00,
Hmmm is he a Capricorn ...or Scorpio.
Okay maybe that's irrelevant.
Still idk if he is married or just a kinda fucked up person. Its more of a selfishness than mysterious.
My ex was like this too. "No friends", just his brother. Would stay on his phone all the time and had no social media because he hated it. Private person bs. And would be sneaky about his email. And was just always sneaky in general, even while living with him.
After we finished I realized he wasn't mysterious, private or cool, but just a low quality person.
Anyway that is not to say he is, but he is ruining that bond between you guys by being like this so so try to get through to him. Keep it as open communication as you can (if he tries to)
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 08:58 am
Introvert? Loner? some kind of social anxiety or autistic spectrum? Sneaky? Married? Who knows? The point is that YOU feel uncomfortable.

You don't say why you have stayed with him for over two years.

Trust your instincts and start dating other men.

0 Replies