Boyfriend cheating

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 12:29 pm
Hi, I need help- I think my boyfriend is cheating on me, he's suddenly too busy to hang out with me and he started encouraging me to spend time with other people.
If he ever left me my whole life would fall apart Sad What is the best way to be sure that a person is cheating?

jespah

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 12:35 pm
@Mischa90,
Maybe stop suspecting every little thing and recognize that it is actually good advice to spend time with other people. Plus, people get busy. It's a fact of work, school, or anything else which he or anyone else does. Stop taking that personally, as you have no basis for leaping to any conclusion other than, he's busy.

Also --

Please do not give anyone this much power over your happiness. Cultivate other interests and, yes, that means friendships. You know, people to have coffee with or go to the gym together or the movies or just hang out on the porch and drink wine.

If it turns out he is cheating, then you will have friends to support you when you drop him like a bad habit. And if he's not, then you will have friends to cheer on your relationship, and you will not have resorted to snooping or trying to hack into his phone. You will have established that you trust him (because if you don't, then leave now, because without trust you have nothing).

Right now, even though your post is, what, less than 50 words long (something like that), you come across as needy and overly clingy. Step back and have a life outside of him so that if he does leave your world will stay strong and intact.
jespah

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 12:35 pm
@Mischa90,
Maybe stop suspecting every little thing and recognize that it is actually good advice to spend time with other people. Plus, people get busy. It's a fact of work, school, or anything else which he or anyone else does. Stop taking that personally, as you have no basis for leaping to any conclusion other than, he's busy.

Also --

Please do not give anyone this much power over your happiness. Cultivate other interests and, yes, that means friendships. You know, people to have coffee with or go to the gym together or the movies or just hang out on the porch and drink wine.

If it turns out he is cheating, then you will have friends to support you when you drop him like a bad habit. And if he's not, then you will have friends to cheer on your relationship, and you will not have resorted to snooping or trying to hack into his phone. You will have established that you trust him (because if you don't, then leave now, because without trust you have nothing).

Right now, even though your post is, what, less than 50 words long (something like that), you come across as needy and overly clingy. Step back and have a life outside of him so that if he does leave your world will stay strong and intact.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 01:46 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
or just hang out on the porch and drink wine.

If not a porch, you could hang out on a Ferrari.

(Sorry.)
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 09:09 am
Sounds like you are suffocating this guy and he wants some air! That's why he is encouraging you to spend time with other people.

The big clue here is that you claim YOUR LIFE would be unbearable if he's not there. That's a real red flag that you are too obsessed with him.

He will push you away totally if you don't start showing you are in independent woman with other interests and other people in your life.
0 Replies

TwistedFate

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 03:30 pm
@Mischa90,
I think your life won't fall apart, if he leaves you. Life will go on, and you will find someone else.
0 Replies

BeautifulQueenJess87

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 06:01 pm
@Mischa90,
@ Mischa90: He is your boyfriend the best way to go about it is just ask him. Just don't say it in an accusive way that he takes it as you saying he is cheating. It's no harm asking him. He may go out but at times men need space..Maybe he wants to get a chance to miss you and you to miss him then once your together again it just makes the relationship build itself up. I am in a relationship and I let him hang out with friends when he wants to just go out..But know only you have something that his friends can't offer him and that's your company and your love for him when he leaves just know he will come right back to be beside you.. Don't let your thoughts turn you away from someone who you want to be with and can't be without. Find some friends to hang out with give him a chance to miss you when you are out.
0 Replies

michelleod

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2017 04:01 pm
@Mischa90,
I think you should buy some audio/video recorder or check his email/phone.
Mischa90

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2017 02:41 pm
@michelleod,
What do you mean?
jespah

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2017 02:28 pm
@Mischa90,
She means to do something illegal, violate your boyfriend's privacy and probably even his constitutional rights.

How about having a conversation? If you trust him, then stay together. If you don't, then don't. No need to play stakeout cop.
0 Replies