A Christian Theocracy

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 09:33 am
what's your definition? are we pointing that way IYO? do you want to live in one?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,813 • Replies: 77
No top replies

Letty

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 09:40 am
I don't want to live under any theocracy, Bi. No one should ever be able to tell a person how to think and what to do in the name of religion.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 09:45 am
IMO, no, we are not, and no, I do not wish to live in one.

We are a country based on Christian morals though as that is the make up of the majority of Americans.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 09:46 am
define Christian.....
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 09:48 am
bookmark

<Hi BPB -- Good to see you back.>
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 09:53 am
Ummmm... Someone who believes in christ? Is that different than the term Christian you used in the thread title?
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 09:57 am
BPB
I don't honestly believe anyone would want to live in a theocracy, but if Bush & Co had their way, I feel certain they'd lean than way. And not because they're any more religious than anyone else, but because the "sheep" are more easily controlled that way.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 09:58 am
do you truly believe that we are a country based on Christian morals? If you have an understanding of Christian morals do you truly believe Christ approves of the path we have taken from landing on the banks of the new world until today?
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 10:01 am
McGentrix wrote:
Ummmm... Someone who believes in christ? Is that different than the term Christian you used in the thread title?

well, that's fairly pathetic.

try again.

what is this "Christian morality" of which you speak that the majority of Americans share?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 10:04 am
I have no idea how Christ would feel about it.

Yes, I do believe that the US was founded under and continues today to demonstrate an overwhelming belief and following of christian morales.

This does not make a theocracy though as the founding fathers knew enough to make a constitution that bans a theocracy in America.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 10:07 am
kuvasz wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

try again.

what is this "Christian morality" of which you speak that the majority of Americans share?

McG never said the "majority of Americans share" the "Christian morality." He said the country was founded on that "Christian morality." You disagree?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 10:08 am
That's why we love our neighbors so much.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 10:14 am
McGentrix wrote:
I have no idea how Christ would feel about it.

orales.Yes, I do believe that the US was founded under and continues today to demonstrate an overwhelming belief and following of christian m

This does not make a theocracy though as the founding fathers knew enough to make a constitution that bans a theocracy in America.

Can you give some examples? I think anyone can give it lip service of course, but that doesn't make it a belief or a practice.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 10:16 am
Ticomaya wrote:
kuvasz wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

try again.

McG never said the "majority of Americans share" the "Christian morality." He said the country was founded on that "Christian morality." You disagree?

Of course he did....he said exactly that.....what do you think "continues today to demonstrate an overwhelming belief and following of Christian morals" means?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 10:19 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
kuvasz wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

try again.

Of course he did....he said exactly that.....what do you think "continues today to demonstrate an overwhelming belief and following of Christian morals" means?

Um .... he said that after I posted .... Cool
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 10:24 am
well...okay then....just watch it... Razz :wink:
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 10:38 am
McG, actually most of the founding fathers were deists.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 10:50 am
You asked for opinions, and I gave you my opinion. It seems that the rest of this thread has been a discussion of my opinion with the exception of rodeman and letty expressing their opinion.

So, I have stated my opinion, I will now wait to hear others.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 10:52 am
I have merely asked for clarification on your opinion......
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 11:00 am
Webster is always a good place to find definitions. Bear.

"Christian: one who professes belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ"

Do that, and you are a Christian.
0 Replies