Extremely bothered by his way of thinking towards certain things, Any advice?

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2017 09:42 am
Maybe this will sound dumb to some of you, but to me it really says alot about this man (My BF of 2 1/2 years)so the other days we went to out whe were talking about some topics and all of suddenhe started talking about brad pitt being unfaithful to angelina jolie with selena gomez and I said”Maybe it’s not true” tabloids publish a lot of lies and crap, and guess what he said ”well I would do the same if it was true”(He implied he would have cheated as well) he said”angelina is too skinny and ugly, the other girl is younger and fresh, eeven if it’s true,a nice man would not express himself like that, to my knowledge.

He did the same exact thing when we talked about miss universe, he said The most beautiful girls are italian and greeks that’s it(BTW he is greek and I agree there beautiful ladies,but not the only ones!)and I am a latina, raised in the United states, and he said”well latinas win because maybe they bend over and have sex with the judges, there good in bed”And I said to him, ”well if you love italian and greek women so much why don’t you marry or have a relationship with them” instead of me,who happens to be a LATINA, lol, he stayed quiet. he has just been nagging for some time about, how he is concerned that I AM skinny and that I should put 5 pounds,that all women want to look like jennifer lopez and I want to be skinny, that I need to tone my butt and do squats, blah blah blah, I don’t wan to sound childish!, but this screams a red flag and a big NO NO, right away!, is this a good enough motive to let him go?

Tiger81

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:13 am
@jenny-00,
yes
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:20 am
@jenny-00,
Cripes, he has very little respect for you, from what I'm reading.

Why stay?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:59 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Why stay?

This!
Send that guy to take a hike n get a real boyfriend! (Besides he sounds childish n shallow)
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2017 11:04 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Why stay?

Sounds like she has little respect for herself as well.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2017 11:33 am
@jenny-00,
Quote:
is this a good enough motive to let him go?
Any "motive" is good enough if it is something that you do not wish to put up with in a relationship.

That said, I agree with the others here that he seems to show you very little respect. I think it is time you give him the opportunity to find a greek or italian girl. lol
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2017 01:46 pm
@jenny-00,
jenny-00 wrote:
he has just been nagging for some time ... that I need to tone my butt

Tell him to tone his disrespectful butt right out of the door. Dump this dickhead.
0 Replies

vanessafranca2304

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 09:19 am
@jenny-00,
Is he joking ???????
Tough luv or something?
If not, he is a small insignificant person. Who is incredibly shallow.

Greek ppl can be racist and shallow at times, so you be the judge if he is just joking or saying this and not actually feeling this way. They talk about weight and looks all the time. Similar to Latinos.

For the record, Latinas win because they're pretty and there are a lot of countries in Latino America. I can guarantee you noone is bending over to the judges..? What weirdo haha

Does he have he body of a Greek god and is trying to encourage/challenge you to be fit or is he just being a dick?

Just the fact you're even thinking of leaving him.. YES maybe you should. you're the best judge here, and if you're seeing his insults getting more serious or affecting you personally than F him.
I'm sure you'd fine someone warmer in a heart beat.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 10:51 am
His views are immature and will only get more foolish in the future. He will make your life miserable.

Move on to a man who respects women.
jenny-00

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2017 08:47 am
@PUNKEY,
Hi PUNKEY, all of you are right, right now I have decided to dedicate more time to myself, read some great self help books, learn more about myself, love myself and respect myself more, because its obvious that in this extremely bad relationship if I can even ''call it'' that, I lost my essence. I feel happy and it really took a weight off my shoulders leaving this relationship.
0 Replies

Lina Stef

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2017 01:14 pm
Okay, I kind of went through a similar problem, as in for the 'skinny' part. Honestly, it's not exactly considered a motive to break up with him, like if he asks you for a reason it's quite illogical. But seriously the skinny part, that's just Bullshit. First, scientifically as much as you try to change your body into THICK not gonna work, if your body is meant to be skinny and sportish then the only thing you could do is build muscles. Talking from HARD AND EXHAUSTING experience. As long as you become comfortable with your body in your mind and with yourself, you will feel absolutely awesome. Like I used to be so insecure and always looking for my imperfections, now that I had tolerated my shape, my face, my own unique beauty I feel free of insecurity and constant worry, people and boys talk but I don't care anymore. Seriously, if you talk to yourself and ask 'why do I even care what He says? It's important I like my body and my appearance, not the people around me." I hope this helped, in both realizing the mistake of even considering your boyfriend's ridiculous outlook and in making you feel more comfortable with yourself. You should always leave your house satisfied with how look without giving a **** what people might say. Even if you walk with your undergarments in the streets. Wink
0 Replies

AffairNinjaTurtle

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 04:45 am
@jenny-00,
Jenny, weak men will try to degrade you and hurt you just to feel they control you.

So there are two options for you.

a) You know yourself so good, you have high self-esteem and giving that your bf has also an amount of significant for you values that make you stay with him, you just ignore him.
b) Say goodbye to him and his insecurities.

The (c) option you think, that he will change, or you will change him, is not on the table.
0 Replies

paige1701

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 10:29 pm
@jenny-00,
If anything he says he 'would' do, bothers you...then leave. Sounds like he's a pretty good idea of what kinda man he is and it doesnt sound like a good one.
0 Replies