I have every excuse for not believing in God

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2017 08:57 pm
I am not lying when I said that I have looked into everything I possibly could with an honest open mind and heart. I am still undecided on the existence of God and the afterlife. So why wouldn't God reveal himself to me and his truth for someone like me who does indeed have an honest open mind and heart? It makes no sense to me unless God is uncaring, unloving, etc. and he doesn't really care that I go to hell for not believing and not serving him.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2017 09:29 pm
@MozartLink,
Poor choice of words...I thought you were going to use every REASON, not excuse...anyway, you are excused already...
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2017 09:30 pm
Simple. Because all evidence suggests otherwise: Your de facto close-mindedness has led to your complaint while Hawking, with his truly open spirit, has successfully looked into the mind of God. Thus he is grateful to have this life to appreciate the grand design of the Universe.
Krumple

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2017 09:48 pm
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

Simple. Because all evidence suggests otherwise: Your de facto close-mindedness has led to your complaint while Hawking, with his truly open spirit, has successfully looked into the mind of God. Thus he is grateful to have this life to appreciate the grand design of the Universe.

What evidence? There is none. If there was you wouldn't need belief.

Just like I don't believe cats exist, I know they exist.

If you know a god exists, you wouldn't need belief nor faith. You would know.

There is zero evidence for a gods existence. None.
sharetruth

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 01:08 am
@MozartLink,
Quote:
I am not lying when I said that I have looked into everything I possibly could with an honest open mind and heart.

Have you read the Bible with an honest open mind and heart?
0 Replies

Razzleg

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 03:57 am
@MozartLink,
MozartLink wrote:

I am not lying when I said that I have looked into everything I possibly could with an honest open mind and heart. I am still undecided on the existence of God and the afterlife. So why wouldn't God reveal himself to me and his truth for someone like me who does indeed have an honest open mind and heart? It makes no sense to me unless God is uncaring, unloving, etc. and he doesn't really care that I go to hell for not believing and not serving him.

How badly do you need attention? Look, you're being a disingenuous ****-bird, and priest-baiting is passé. I'm not a theist, but your post is pointless, exploitative, derivative, and dull.

Maybe figure out what you do believe, and state it plainly. Maybe figure out what you can believe, and defend it honestly. Maybe a third thing for the rhetorical/comedy rule of three...

PS--your tense agreement needs some work.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 06:29 am
@Razzleg,
Unlike your comment on the other thread, this one hits home...touché!
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 08:05 am
We can witness the spirit world in our dreams. Often times we are out of our bodies and in the spirit world while dreaming. We can witness the dead and some of the powers of that world. Sometimes, a person can witness the spirits of deceased friends and family members. Or other friends and family members who are also sleeping.

An angel of the Lord came to Joseph in a dream to tell him that the child was of the Holy Spirit and not to be afraid to take Mary as his wife.

Mathew 1:20. But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.

Nightmares have demonic influence. The devil tempts the recovering alcoholic by putting a can of beer in his or her hand in a dream. What we are dealing with is a complex hidden battle between us and demonic forces on a subconscious and unconscious level. They prey on our weaknesses.
oristarA

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 08:22 am
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

oristarA wrote:

It sounds that you've not read The Language of God by Francis Collins.
Krumple

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 08:29 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

Krumple wrote:

oristarA wrote:

Oh let me guess, it states a premise and jumps to a conclusion without support to the premise? But you were convinced.

No I haven't read it but just for kicks, give us its best argument for evidence of a god. I bet I've heard it before.
MozartLink

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 08:57 am
@Razzleg,
Not sure where that attitude came from, but I was just merely asking a question here. I wanted to discuss how it is possible that an all loving/all just God would leave me in such a hopeless predicament where I tried everything I could with an open mind to believe in him, but couldn't believe. I am pointing out that it would be unfair for me to go to hell out of a disbelief that I was genuine and honest about. That is what I wish to discuss here. I wish to discuss how it would be the act of an all loving/all just God for me to go to hell in my predicament.
MozartLink

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 08:59 am
@Patches,
This would be a claim, but I do not see that as evidence for a God. Like I said, I have already looked and researched into all the claimed evidence out there regarding God/afterlife as well as the skeptics with an honest open mind and heart and I remain undecided.
Krumple

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 09:28 am
@MozartLink,
MozartLink wrote:

Not sure where that attitude came from, but I was just merely asking a question here. I wanted to discuss how it is possible that an all loving/all just God would leave me in such a hopeless predicament where I tried everything I could with an open mind to believe in him, but couldn't believe. I am pointing out that it would be unfair for me to go to hell out of a disbelief that I was genuine and honest about. That is what I wish to discuss here. I wish to discuss how it would be the act of an all loving/all just God for me to go to hell in my predicament.

I have discussed this concept before.

A believer just wants you to abandon all reasoning and just believe.

My point is similar to yours. If god exists and is aware of my mind, then it knows what would convince me, yet does not do it. Why?

There is a limited number of reasons why.

1. God is waiting for something first. Why wait?
2. God doesn't care to provide what I personally need to convince me.
3. God is incapable of providing that evidence.
4. God is egotistical and thinks it shouldn't have to provide me anything.
5. God doesn't exist.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 09:49 am
@Krumple,
The 3 nailed it. The "thing" doesn't speak...
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 10:09 am
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

oristarA wrote:

Krumple wrote:

oristarA wrote:

Oh let me guess, it states a premise and jumps to a conclusion without support to the premise? But you were convinced.

No I haven't read it but just for kicks, give us its best argument for evidence of a god. I bet I've heard it before.

Yes, you oppose God for kicks, while Collins supports God for science. That is a big difference.

Sturgis

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 10:44 am
@Razzleg,
Quote:
...your post is pointless, exploitative, derivative and dull./quote]

So why in God's name did you respond? If it is indeed so pointless then there'd be no reason to go snippity snark. It would seem you have doubts yourself and feel challenged, nay, uneasy, by the subject of a greater being.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 11:16 am
@Razzleg,
Razzleg wrote:
How badly do you need attention? Look, you're being a disingenuous ****-bird, and priest-baiting is passé.

The OP is on record as being terribly depressed. Your post is just plain nasty. Try being a bit more gentle, or if you can't do that ignore him.
Patches

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 11:31 am
@MozartLink,
Here evidence of God...photographs of the Holy Spirit.

This is written to give a Christian biblical perspective on spiritual orbs. I will proceed to demonstrate how these spiritual orbs are supernatural and divine. The photographs and the video that I will be presenting are of the Holy Spirit and some of His works. These photographs and videos have been a mystery to mankind for decades. The Holy Spirit is highly misunderstood in the world. Many have seen Him, but few have recognized Him. He is erroneously known as paranormal orbs, spirit orbs, angel orbs, and ghost orbs. Some people who have not seen orbs with their naked eyes believe them to be photographic anomalies. To understand the Holy Spirit, it is necessary consult scripture. I will be using both the Old and New Testaments of the Holy Bible.

Identifying the Holy Spirit

This is a photograph of the Holy Spirit descending like a dove as He did during the baptism of Jesus.

http://i.imgur.com/u1NzHvh.jpg

Here is a photograph of the Holy Spirit motionless.

http://i.imgur.com/FXRAW5Y.jpg

Below is a painting of Saint Andrew with the Holy Spirit upon Him.

http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/files/2014/01/halo.jpg

The Halo is found in scripture as the Holy Spirit alighting and remaining upon Jesus.

The Spirit of God and the Spirit are both one and the same Holy Spirit.

Mathew 3:16. When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

John 1:32. John testified saying, "I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him."

The center photograph above is of the Holy Spirit in His spirit body form.

Luke 3:22. And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, "You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased."

The Holy Spirit alighting and remaining upon Jesus appeared as a Halo.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 12:05 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Razzleg wrote:
How badly do you need attention? Look, you're being a disingenuous ****-bird, and priest-baiting is passé.

The OP is on record as being terribly depressed. Your post is just plain nasty. Try being a bit more gentle, or if you can't do that ignore him.

Believe me or not I don't know if your take helps better.
I empathize with troubled minds but I don't give them a green card out of consideration for them. I don't think Razz is the insensitive person you are trying to portray...
I have my own problems, my own worries, my depressions, and I deal with them without vomiting my "feelings" all over other ppl. Frankly, sometimes I have the impression some of these ppl are not just sick they are plain self-centred attention seeking parrots...now burn me for being blunt and honest.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 12:22 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
If you think that you should probably ignore him too.
0 Replies