9
   

I have every excuse for not believing in God

 
 
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 06:43 pm
@MozartLink,
Quote:

https://www.k-state.edu/english/nelp/poetry.s98/crane.man.said.to.universe.html

Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'
0 Replies
 
Krumple
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 06:47 pm
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

Krumple wrote:

oristarA wrote:

Krumple wrote:

oristarA wrote:

Simple. Because all evidence suggests otherwise: Your de facto close-mindedness has led to your complaint while Hawking, with his truly open spirit, has successfully looked into the mind of God. Thus he is grateful to have this life to appreciate the grand design of the Universe.


What evidence? There is none. If there was you wouldn't need belief.

Just like I don't believe cats exist, I know they exist.

If you know a god exists, you wouldn't need belief nor faith. You would know.

There is zero evidence for a gods existence. None.


It sounds that you've not read The Language of God by Francis Collins.


Oh let me guess, it states a premise and jumps to a conclusion without support to the premise? But you were convinced.

No I haven't read it but just for kicks, give us its best argument for evidence of a god. I bet I've heard it before.


Yes, you oppose God for kicks, while Collins supports God for science. That is a big difference.




Science? Lol

Male cow feces.

I bet you think astrology is science too lol.
Fil Albuquerque
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 07:41 pm
@Krumple,
Heeey ! Don't take the science out of my china fortune cookies ! Very Happy
Krumple
 
  0  
Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 07:44 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Heeey ! Don't take the science out of my china fortune cookies ! Very Happy


Oh fortune cookies are legit.
0 Replies
 
oristarA
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2017 12:29 am
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

oristarA wrote:

Krumple wrote:

oristarA wrote:

Krumple wrote:

oristarA wrote:

Simple. Because all evidence suggests otherwise: Your de facto close-mindedness has led to your complaint while Hawking, with his truly open spirit, has successfully looked into the mind of God. Thus he is grateful to have this life to appreciate the grand design of the Universe.


What evidence? There is none. If there was you wouldn't need belief.

Just like I don't believe cats exist, I know they exist.

If you know a god exists, you wouldn't need belief nor faith. You would know.

There is zero evidence for a gods existence. None.


It sounds that you've not read The Language of God by Francis Collins.


Oh let me guess, it states a premise and jumps to a conclusion without support to the premise? But you were convinced.

No I haven't read it but just for kicks, give us its best argument for evidence of a god. I bet I've heard it before.


Yes, you oppose God for kicks, while Collins supports God for science. That is a big difference.




Science? Lol

Male cow feces.

I bet you think astrology is science too lol.


He who laughs last laughs best. Your ignorance betrays your empty mind.

In his book, Francis Collins strongly confirms that Darwin's Theory - the theory of evolution by providing rich evidence of human genomics, pointing out that it is the sound foundation of the science of life. As the leader of global human genome project, his contribution to science is undeniable. He's convinced many Christians to believe that Darwin's Theory of Evolution is sound science, not something hypothetical.

And you? A nobody with your inane laughs, simply knows how to pat on your own back and tell yourself how smart you are. No, you are not. People around the world pay attention to Francis Collins, because he's a world-renowned scientist. And no one gives a damn to you. You are simply a driveller who said that Collins's profound knowledge on human genomics that defends Darwin's Theory of Evolution is "Male cow feces."


0 Replies
 
Razzleg
 
  2  
Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2017 02:16 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Razzleg wrote:
How badly do you need attention? Look, you're being a disingenuous ****-bird, and priest-baiting is passé.


The OP is on record as being terribly depressed. Your post is just plain nasty. Try being a bit more gentle, or if you can't do that ignore him.


i appreciate your empathy, and your capacity to express it online, and i don't want to (i'm not sure quite how to say this) contest (?) that empathy. However, MozartLink has been a pretty constant participant on this forum for about 3 years, and he has utilized his, frankly probably real, depression as a philosophical platform from which to attack any and every post that he (and i'm pretty sure it's a he) can find a toe-hold in that promotes either theoretical pragmatism or hope...

i was certainly not polite in my response to MozartLink; i was blunt, and while i might have expressed myself better, i don't regret stating what i wrote. i also don't think that my response will have any affect, at all, on the OP. You decide...
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2017 03:29 am
@Razzleg,
So put him on ignore. If someone wants to wallow in misery and won't accept a hand up what's the good in shouting at them? All your doing is confirming what they think.

At least ML's not having a detrimental effect on other posters unlike some passive aggressive individuals. Just leave him alone, he's not going to change.

Btw, my Dave Hedgehog quotation on another thread is not a meme. It has to be used one hell of a lot to become a meme, it would be good if it was a meme, but we're not there yet.
Patches
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 09:48 am
You have no excuse for not believing in God!!! Also, you have come to the wrong forum. Unless, you are looking for the atheistic viewpoint.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 11:15 am
In order to reasonably believe something, one needs evidence that it is true. As far as I can see, there is no evidence that a God, as traditionally defined, exists. If someone has some evidence that cannot be equally well explained other ways, I would like to see it.
0 Replies
 
Razzleg
 
  1  
Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 01:15 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

So put him on ignore. If someone wants to wallow in misery and won't accept a hand up what's the good in shouting at them? All your doing is confirming what they think.

At least ML's not having a detrimental effect on other posters unlike some passive aggressive individuals. Just leave him alone, he's not going to change.

Btw, my Dave Hedgehog quotation on another thread is not a meme. It has to be used one hell of a lot to become a meme, it would be good if it was a meme, but we're not there yet.


Why? The OP doesn't want to be ignored. The OP posted this thread in order to provoke responses. That OP couldn't have, or perhaps "shouldn't have", and certainly didn't expect they would all be positive...i responded honestly to what i perceived to be a rather passive-aggressive plea for a special-case of doubt...

i did not respond passive-aggressively...my post was straight-up aggressive. i have many doubts, more, probably, than i have beliefs. i am not bothered by doubts, or depression, or hypotheticals; but ML's OP is just hypothesizing a strawman..

should i ignore it? Why?
izzythepush
 
  0  
Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 03:25 am
@Razzleg,
If you need to ask why you shouldn't be nasty just for nastiness' sake there's no answer that would satisfy you.
Fil Albuquerque
 
  0  
Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 03:36 am
@izzythepush,
Well, some poisons can work as a remedy in th right dosage.
The idea that some harsh talk is necessarily bad is, how should I put it ? Very uncreatively Christian..

Pating an nurturing confort zones of bad thinking for the sake of being the boy scout nice guy is either, to put it mildly, naive, or extremely hipochritical.
Fil Albuquerque
 
  0  
Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 03:36 am
@izzythepush,
Well, some poisons can work as a remedy in th right dosage.
The idea that some harsh talk is necessarily bad is, how should I put it ? Very uncreatively Christian..

Pating an nurturing confort zones of bad thinking for the sake of being the boy scout nice guy is either, to put it mildly, naive, or extremely hipochritical.
0 Replies
 
Fil Albuquerque
 
  0  
Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 03:39 am
@izzythepush,
Well, some poisons can work as a remedy in th right dosage.
The idea that some harsh talk is necessarily bad is, how should I put it ? Very uncreatively Christian..

Pating an nurturing confort zones of bad thinking for the sake of being the boy scout nice guy is either, to put it mildly, naive, or extremely hipochritical.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 03:49 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Repeating yourself three times is a bit altzheimersy, you might want to get that checked out, it would explain a lot.

Saying that ignoring someone is the same as creating a comfort zone is just plain daft.

Religious people can't accept people can disagree with them without being similarly proselytisy. It smacks of desperation, I've been accused of being Muslim, Atheist and Christian by evangelists of all persuasions. It's indicative of monochrome thinking.
Fil Albuquerque
 
  0  
Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 08:02 am
@izzythepush,
I am repeating the same answer to the same stupid replies you post out time n again on this issue.

Second, no one said anything about ignoring people just you. In fact I think people should be called out when they play bronco. By the way you are playing bronco right now.

You are a boy scout all right...and your little carefree moralism spews Christian idiot all over...

Now take a hike dumbass. Just get out of my sight you freaking insect.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 08:10 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I just don't think being nasty for the sake of it is a valid approach. You attack victims of abuse, that's the sort of person you are. There's plenty of people who are neither Christian nor nasty spiteful and vindictive.

A sense of humour is a reliable indicator of intelligence, and yours is way down there with custard pies in the face and kicks up the bum.

You can't be very happy if you have to go round kicking people when they're down. It's rather sad and pathetic really, you should try getting a life then you wouldn't have to spend all your time looking for people worse off than you.
Fil Albuquerque
 
  1  
Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 08:27 am
@izzythepush,
Clear as water you know nothing bout me pal...I don't discriminate people on taking some criticism when criticism is warranted like if they were 2 years old.
Your little moralist speech is the perfect example of actual positive discrimination. Now bug off! Out, out of my way.

PS - 3 degrees of depth in humour directed at 3 distinct target markets all in the same show have managed to evaded your radar so far...probably you get those directed to mainstream and you jump of the gun. Very British...you guys must believe you invented the wheel also.
Patches
 
  0  
Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 08:49 am
@MozartLink,
Most the people on these forums will drag you to hell with them.
0 Replies
 
Fil Albuquerque
 
  1  
Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 09:01 am
I finally noticed why my coffee shop network hicup resulted in 3 copy posts as I tried to reply...picking on that to make an argument seem more valid shows the character of the bloke making waves around the forum.
Have a nice evening ya all round the world!
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

New Propulsion, the "EM Drive" - Question by TomTomBinks
The Science Thread - Discussion by Wilso
Why do people deny evolution? - Question by JimmyJ
Are we alone in the universe? - Discussion by Jpsy
Fake Science Journals - Discussion by rosborne979
Controvertial "Proof" of Multiverse! - Discussion by littlek
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 06/13/2021 at 01:53:04