Can someone tell me if I truly screwed up? or was this his fault

katya07

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2017 10:03 am
I, Guess I Kind of broke up with my boyfriend ( 37y/o) I could not stand his erratic behavior anymore. last friday he came for his graduation, and he messaged me on past Thursday saying that on Friday he was coming early here to town where I live, because he was closing the student apartment that he has here where I live.

( what I understood was that he wanted sex, before closing the apt, so I assumed that’s why he wanted to see me early as well.)

So, I text back on Thursday asking him, ”what are we going to do then? and he replied ”I will see your early on Friday around 10:00 am”. So I replied ”OK you text me”. I even found it weird that he did not begin the message saying ”Hi—– I’m coming tomorrow etc etc, so rude.

So it was Friday morning, his grad was scheduled to start 4:00 pm in the afternoon, and I assumed we were going to see each other after the grad (I guess not), since he told me that he just wanted to get it over with the grad, that he just wanted his diploma and that’s it.

So on Friday, at 11:26 AM, he text me saying ”I’m here”, then he called me and says: I’m here in the town, I just arrived, are you ready?

Or you need more time and I said ”no am not ready I need time” and he said ”OK in half an hour then (in his terms its like an hour, he is always late) I said OK and hung up.

The point is that 15 minutes after he called me and we had spoken, I text him saying ”we should see each other better in the evening” (I, wanted to see what he was going to answer and if it was cool with him) and after that I never got a single response back from him.

Time was passing, and it was 1:30 already, I got angry so I took my clothes off and put my pajama back on.

Then I text him ”you know what forget it, don’t come, stop wasting my time, you are late”.

And got nothing back from him, I know it was his grad and he was not going to ruin it for him. But he should of acted differently. He just disappeared no message, no call. nothing just rude.

I forgot to mention that after his grad, maybe in a month later he is leaving back to the states.

And we had not talked about our future in a clear manner. So I don’t know what made him act this way this past friday, if he was planning it or what, or maybe he did not know what to do with the relationship?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 935 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2017 10:21 am
You're fine. He just wanted a quickie before putting on his cap and gown (how weird). And now he's pouting because he didn't get what he wanted.

BTW, you don't have to go to a graduation ceremony. Schools are more than happy to mail you your diploma, so the whole thing is weird anyway.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2017 10:27 am
@katya07,
Who knows, it could be any number of things. He might have lost his phone, his car might have broken down. The texts might not have been sent, it does happen, I often send texts that aren't received and sometimes don't get texts sent to me.

Is this a relationship you want, or are you happy to let it die? Only you know the answer, so only you know what to do.
jespah

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2017 10:33 am
@izzythepush,
That's true of course - lots of reasons why someone might not text.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2017 10:35 am
@jespah,
Then again my phone is a cheap piece of crap.
0 Replies