Trump Abolishes Obama's Executive Order Assaulting The Second Amendment

oralloy

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2017 09:43 pm

Trump Signs Bill Protecting Due Process Rights of SSA Recipients

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2017

Fairfax, Va.-- The National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) applauded President Donald Trump today for signing H.J. Res. 40, revoking a last-minute gun grab issued at the end of the Obama administration.

"Today marks a new era for law-abiding gun owners, as we now have a president who respects and supports our right to keep and bear arms," said Chris W. Cox, executive director, NRA-ILA. "Our thanks go to President Trump and the congressman and senators who led the fight for this important legislation."

H.J. Res. 40 passed both the House and the Senate with bipartisan support. The bill revokes an Obama-era rule that would have stripped Second Amendment rights from tens of thousands of people each year without due process.

Details of the action:

* Under the Congressional Review Act, Congress is allowed to review, and revoke, any action an outgoing administration made in its final 60 legislative days. This rule falls under that time frame.

* The rule, finalized in December, would have resulted in 75,000 social security recipients who use a representative payee losing their Second Amendment rights without due process.

* The now-revoked rule would have affected those on disability for conditions that include eating disorders and anxiety.

The move to revoke the rule was supported by the NRA, the ACLU, and more than a dozen mental health advocacy organizations.

"We are pleased that this example of government overreach will no longer be pursued," concluded Cox.

http://www.nraila.org/articles/20170228/trump-signs-bill-protecting-due-process-rights-of-ssa-recipients
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 12,884 • Replies: 52
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 07:49 am
@oralloy,
I agree with the conservatives on this issue. I don't think the reasoning to support the ban on gun ownership based on SSA claims is logically sound.

It always makes me chuckle when the NRA and the ACLU are on the same side.
farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 10:01 am
@maxdancona,
However, this is not the issue Orql hs been shouting about for about 4 years.

farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 10:07 am
@oralloy,
ps I bought a LR -0.17 cal semi auto with an AR-look. I use it for varmint hunting. Its got a nice muzzle velocity and scope . Its accurate at about 100 yd (ats as far as Ive whackd a ground hog).
Pa hqs just mde it OK to use all kinds of semiauto rifles for hunting(even rim-fire)

IT WAS PRETTY MUCH THE DEM HUNTERS THT GOT IT PSSED. You, one trick guys need ALL hunters nd sportsmen on your side. AS I said before, you guys miss the point that both parties are playing us when they can.

We have a DEM governor who wants a second term. We are supporting privatization of liquor and wanted semi auto hunting rifles legalized.
Pa legalized switch-blades 10 years ago).

Stop being so dense
maxdancona

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 10:57 am
@farmerman,
That's fine, Farmerman.

I agree with Oralloy whenever he is right (or... is it that he is right when he agrees with me).
farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 11:27 am
@maxdancona,
As ci said, hes a one horse pony.
oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 04:24 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
However, this is not the issue Orql hs been shouting about for about 4 years.

It's one of the issues that I've been shouting about:

http://able2know.org/topic/307925-1#post-6102922

http://able2know.org/topic/307925-2#post-6103409

https://able2know.org/topic/307925-3#post-6103511

(We still need to roll back the rule targeting disabled veterans.)
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 04:25 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
ps I bought a LR -0.17 cal semi auto with an AR-look. I use it for varmint hunting.

After your hard-core position that the "AR look" needs to be outlawed at all costs? What changed your mind?

farmerman wrote:
You, one trick guys need ALL hunters nd sportsmen on your side. AS I said before, you guys miss the point that both parties are playing us when they can.

You guys are welcome to join in the defense of the Second Amendment any time you like. But I'll be defending it regardless of who does or doesn't stand with me.

farmerman wrote:
Stop being so dense

What am I supposedly being dense about?
oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 04:27 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
As ci said, hes a one horse pony.

If a pony has more than one horse, it risks collapsing into a singularity.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 04:37 pm
@oralloy,
This pony has more than one horse.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0e/%2772_Dodge_Challenger_%28Rigaud%29.jpg/1280px-%2772_Dodge_Challenger_%28Rigaud%29.jpg
farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 05:04 pm
@oralloy,
ahhh but does it make a sound??
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 05:09 pm
@McGentrix,
Were you aware that, with present states of technology, its possible to squeeze about 325 Bhp per liter of displacement.

A 3 liter Mazda can be tricked out to run almost 1000 hp. Those old mucle cars are, today, kind of a joke. I sw on of these street rockets at a car show lst summer. It was a2.5 L Honda that was producing over 700hp an, with a super suspension and tranny, it was a real sleeper. The only way you could tell ws by seeing the exhaust funnels coming out through the plastic bumpers.
My last soiree with cars was Mercury COUGAR XR-&'s and a Boss 302. They looked a lot like the dodge

oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 05:58 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
A 3 liter Mazda can be tricked out to run almost 1000 hp.

Horsepower isn't everything. There is no replacement for displacement.
farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 05:58 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
After your hard-core position that the "AR look" needs to be outlawed at all costs? What changed your mind?

IT has wonderful accuracy and, besides, it was on sale at Cabelas. for like 600 with a decent scope.Its a mahvelous varmint gun. When you own a farm, a rifle is a tool just like a plow, baler and hay teddy. Pa Ground hogs had to be hunted with only center fire weapons till last month (kind of ironic, it was right after ground hog day the guvnah signed the bill). I never wnted to fire with my hornet or a bull barreled .228 target rifle with a 4200 fps. Everything else I hve in rifles are big bore and there are houses within a mile. So the new laws nd the 0.17 cal. go togther like cheese n crackers F=ma

I may be for more gun control then you but Im not stupid ,when I see a deal, I try to vail myself of it. So you really think that Dems are of one mind?? (Ive called the gOP , the "BORG" in the past)
oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 05:59 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
This pony has more than one horse.

That's a '72. MOPAR was a pale shadow of themselves once they had to switch to low compression for unleaded gas. GM was the only one who kept making decent muscle cars in the low-compression era.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 06:03 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
There is no replacement for displacement.
for what? If its not a piece of mining equipmnt I suppose a big block makes a great boat anchor.

oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 06:27 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
for what? If its not a piece of mining equipmnt I suppose a big block makes a great boat anchor.

For whiplash-inducing torque. There is just something about being slammed back in your seat just as soon as you push the pedal down.

Those tiny high-horsepower engines only produce power when you get them up to high revs. I suppose it can be fun to drive the engine at the red line 100% of the time, but it's not the only way to have fun.

Note the Dodge Viper with its 8.4 liter engine. Tap the gas pedal with that car and you'll feel it immediately. No need to wait for the RPMs to build before you get any power.
maporsche

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 10:02 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

farmerman wrote:

For whiplash-inducing torque. There is just something about being slammed back in your seat just as soon as you push the pedal down.

Those tiny high-horsepower engines only produce power when you get them up to high revs. I suppose it can be fun to drive the engine at the red line 100% of the time, but it's not the only way to have fun.

Note the Dodge Viper with its 8.4 liter engine. Tap the gas pedal with that car and you'll feel it immediately. No need to wait for the RPMs to build before you get any power.

High revs? Like 2500?

There's a 2.3L stock Ford Focus that has more torque and hp than muscle cars of 'ole. You can keep your heavy ass V8.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 10:12 am
@farmerman,
You could buy a chilton book and work on the ol' pony cars. You need a computer engineering degree to work on the modern rice burners.

It's a silly discussion though. I think we can all agree that fast cars are pretty cool. I have 3 dream cars. 1> 1970 Ford Mustand 429, Tricked out Subaru WRX STI, and a Jeep of some sort. Exactly what I want on Jeep varies week to week...
maporsche

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 10:44 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

You could buy a chilton book and work on the ol' pony cars. You need a computer engineering degree to work on the modern rice burners.

It's a silly discussion though. I think we can all agree that fast cars are pretty cool. I have 3 dream cars. 1> 1970 Ford Mustand 429, Tricked out Subaru WRX STI, and a Jeep of some sort. Exactly what I want on Jeep varies week to week...

Nothing wrong with any car of any era. That wasn't my intention. Just defending the power that can be produced in today's small cars. And fact is, that much of the stuff is the same as in that Chilton book. You just need to flash the CPU when you're done turning wrenches. Takes no time at all and by no means an engineering degree.

I daily drive a 2016 Ford Focus ST with a few simple computer modifications that added a bunch of torque and hp. I can change the behavior of the car by pushing a button. My biggest problem here is that it's not AWD and getting 300lbft of torque on the road in a FWD car is difficult.

I'm in the market for a '67 Chevy Camaro to restore and drive around in the summer.

Also looking at adding back a 1993 Porsche 911.