Need urgent advise for this.

KR74

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2017 11:11 pm
So here's the thing - I met this girl online for a NSA relationship, we met and she said she liked me and wanted more than an NSA. I was in a 5 years ( abusive ) relationship and told her that I cannot take it more than an NSA. She seemed to understand and told me to get out of the abusive relationship. I liked this woman and we were sort of a couple, doing things together, sex, meeting friends and families, things I don't really do with my current gf. So I asked this girl for 6 months to sort things out ( move out, tie things together etc ) and she said OK. Somehow I think along the lines I was pressured between having a current gf and also someone who says will wait for me and still does ask me every now and then where we stand. At some point when I could not stand the pressure any longer I told her that if she cannot wait she should leave, and we can just be friends. She waited for me for 6 months and a little bit more, and left. By left means she did not say hey look, I am leaving. She just started seeing someone else and the next thing I knew she was sleeping with this person but they are not in a relationship. By this time I already moved out, had a clean break and asked her back and she said no. Long story short, I begged, cajoled and asked many times and after 4 months she confessed that she still have feelings for me and she needs time and space to see if this is what she wants and needs. She now asks for 6 months, to see how things goes and promised not to see anyone else, physically or otherwise, again. So we are now in the ' starting from scratch ' and getting to know each other again phase. Not that I mind it, but she isn't having sex with me, she says she still needs time, and she needs to be sure that this is something she wants. She said there isn't anything wrong with me, the issue is just her - it is emotions. What should I do? I love this woman and I want a life with her.

jespah

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 08:14 am
@KR74,
This one is difficult to follow without a scorecard (and for those of you wondering at home, NSA means 'no strings attached').

Except there were strings - you met friends and families and all of that, which spells 'couple' and 'official'. However, you had a girlfriend you were living with at the time, but it was an abusive relationship. Hence you were cheating on your abusive girlfriend of 5 years.

You then pulled back and asked her for 6 months to sort things out and, foolishly, this girl did just that. Seriously, no one should wait for someone where there isn't a serious commitment, and by that I mean a ring or living together or the like - just dating, even when meeting families and whatnot is not serious enough for someone to put their life on hold for that. You shouldn't have asked for her to wait, and she shouldn't have done it.

Understandably, she hit her limit and started to sleep with someone else, not even bothering to tell you it was over. Telling you would have perhaps been courteous, but she was done.

You then started begging for your former cheat partner to come back. After 4 months (egad, there's a long time period for begging), she admitted she still had feelings for you.

And now you are back together for some sort of weird 6 month trial period. And you also aren't having sex. So basically this is a 6-month long (again with the long time frames) breather for her to keep you around but not dangle the promise of sex in front of you.

Because ... damned if I know. Because she wants to punish you for making her wait? She wants to show you how she felt when you were sorting things out with your abuser (most people don't take a half a year to leave their abusers, BTW)? To get free dinners out of you for half a year?

I have no idea. But in the meantime, you both treat each other pretty damned passive-aggressively. You made her wait for you, and I really can't see many reasons for your earlier delay beyond being passive with your abuser. If you were ready to leave, then you should have put money down on an apartment, called a mover, and left. Expensive, yes, but you could have been done in a week. And involve law enforcement if you're being abused - you could have done that, and nothing in your post even hints at that.

And she is now being passive-aggressive by dangling the possibility of a longer term relationship with you, so long as you buy her dinner and keep it in your pants for half a year.

This is utterly dysfunctional. What are you doing hanging around and continuing this nonsense? And don't go on about how you love her. She's treating you like crap, and you've treated her like crap before. Nobody's got clean hands in this one.
0 Replies