Dems Cheating Earlier Than Usual--Perverting Democracy

Lash

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 10:39 pm
Just when I thought they couldn't be worse. If they continue down their cheating path--this country is going to go through an upheaval and the election process will be damaged beyond repair.

They are actually suing so people can vote in a precinct they don't live in. Of course, this will make multiple voting by a single voter impossible to catch without a long delayed re-counting--and they can use this to lie and accuse Republicans of duplicity.

--------

The story

The Undemocratics.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,899 • Replies: 43
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 12:14 am
Lash, I read the story but I don't understand why out of precinct voting disadvantages the Republicans and advantages the Dems - can you explain?
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 12:50 am
Hinge I believe all the voter fraud that is going on between both parties is a huge problem... a hhalfway decent solution;

Vote where you are supposed to vote or your vote will not count. I believe it will cut down on the numbers of fraud that are expected...

Im ok with that as well... considering I have to drive 15 miles to my precinct to vote and Im ok with that
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 07:33 am
Hi AV

Does the US have absentee voting or postal voting?

In Oz you're allowed to arrange your vote early if you're going to be on holidays or overseas or under the knife or whatever on election day.

I can walk to my polling booth - and I've only just realised that arguably I could vote several times at different local booths, in fact I could impersonate someone else pretty easily so they wouldn't even know it's me that did multiple votes. What sort of ID checks do they have in the US? Here if you know a name and address that's in the electoral roles you're in.

I hope you express your democratic rights and make that 15 mile drive....
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 09:28 am
I have to go on a business trip 11/2. I went to my county board of elections, filled out an application for an absentee ballot, filled out the ballot and gave it back. The whole process took 15 minutes.

The fact that people are either unwilling, or unable to do this boggles my mind. Voting is simply not that hard of a process.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 10:59 am
I have no great love for the Democrats...but it seems to me that in this race...the Democrats are trying to defend and protect democracy from the unthinking, deluded Republicans who are trying to pervert it.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 11:10 am
McGentrix wrote:
I have to go on a business trip 11/2. I went to my county board of elections, filled out an application for an absentee ballot, filled out the ballot and gave it back. The whole process took 15 minutes.

The fact that people are either unwilling, or unable to do this boggles my mind. Voting is simply not that hard of a process.

For normal people. What the dems are trying to do is to drag the entire bottom half of the human condition to the polls in busses and somehow or other get them all to cast votes for dems.

That can be problematical when you get down to, say, the bottom 10% or 15%. Ever watch the old Dean Martin show? Remember the old drunk (the Foster Brooks character) with the permanent case of DTs? Can you picture having to try to get that guy to cast a vote for YOUR candidate? I mean, that's what the dems are up against.

Ultimately, we've got to either got rid of the dem party, relegate it to permanent third-party obscurity, or split the country up. I mean, we can't be going through chaos every four years.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 12:30 pm
gungasnake wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

For normal people. What the dems are trying to do is to drag the entire bottom half of the human condition to the polls in busses and somehow or other get them all to cast votes for dems.

That can be problematical when you get down to, say, the bottom 10% or 15%. Ever watch the old Dean Martin show? Remember the old drunk (the Foster Brooks character) with the permanent case of DTs? Can you picture having to try to get that guy to cast a vote for YOUR candidate? I mean, that's what the dems are up against.

Ultimately, we've got to either got rid of the dem party, relegate it to permanent third-party obscurity, or split the country up. I mean, we can't be going through chaos every four years.

Better yet...let's get rid of the pond scum on the right!

Same results...but better for the country and the world.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 01:04 pm
hingehead--

The Democrats are notorious for voter fraud. (I knew this when I was a Democrat--not a partisan charge.)

They pay lowlifes, and bus them in to the precincts and tell them how to vote. This is what happened in the 2000 debacle. Even if the voters were legal, not drunk and not paid off to vote Democrat--The voters they registered didn't know how or where to vote. If they tried to vote at the wrong place, they were turned away--correctly.

Instead of finding out the right place to vote, they tried to act as though the Republicans were trying to "disenfranchise" them. Never mind the truth--that the precincts involved were run by Democrats...<shakes head

Republicans don't employ this tactic.
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 01:16 pm
Pots, kettles and Partisanship.

Sickening.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 01:18 pm
Fraud, whining and deception.

Disgusting.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 01:20 pm
But, the judge has sided with the Republicans--People will have to vote in their precinct.

At least the Dems have decided not to challenge it.

The election process doesn't need anymore damage.
0 Replies

Joe Republican

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 01:28 pm
Lash wrote:
Fraud, whining and deception.

Disgusting.

What, Iraq or the "voting process?" Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 01:31 pm
Lash wrote:

Instead of finding out the right place to vote, they tried to act as though the Republicans were trying to "disenfranchise" them. Never mind the truth--that the precincts involved were run by Democrats...<shakes head

Republicans don't employ this tactic.

Aside from motivations, fraud is simply more of a possibility in the large cities which dems control than it is in republican areas, i.e. how is anybody going to manufacture 40,000 or 100,000 votes in Boone county?

Another thing which isn't hard to figure out is that the places in America with all the social pathology are precisely the democrat-infested areas. People talk about wars on drugs and gun control when they should be talking about democrat control. Outlaw the democrat party and I'd bet a hundred dollars right now the national murder rate would be cut in half and every sort of drug problem in America would be cut in half without anybody having to lift a finger.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 01:36 pm
And the republican right already chalanging voters before they vote in order to slow down the voter lines so they get tired of waiting and leave the poleing places is ok. There are a number of ways to see cheating but at least be honest enough to admit the the repubs are just as adept at it as the dems. At least the dems try to get everyone to vote because it is to thier advantage. And as I understand the law everyone who registers has the right to vote weather they are rich, poor, drunks, religious, or agnostic.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 01:39 pm
I would never impede anyone's (but a felon, who has legally lost that right) right to vote.

But, voting has rules--for a reason. Those who sell their votes DO NOT have the right to vote--

Republicans aren't trying to stop voting. They're trying to stop fraud.
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 01:50 pm
The Republicans have shown us that the best way to "stop fraud" is to re-label it as "Faulty Intelligence".
;-)
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 03:27 pm
Magus wrote:
The Republicans have shown us that the best way to "stop fraud" is to re-label it as "Faulty Intelligence".
;-)

That's my *smile* for the day. thanks.
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 03:34 pm
hope you express your democratic rights and make that 15 mile drive....

yes we will Smile

I have no great love for the Democrats...but it seems to me that in this race...the Democrats are trying to defend and protect democracy from the unthinking, deluded Republicans who are trying to pervert it.

I can see voter fraud being something thats great for this country...*rolls eyes
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 03:36 pm
And as I understand the law everyone who registers has the right to vote weather they are rich, poor, drunks, religious, or agnostic.

Problem is if you have to bribe people to vote... then they shouldnt be voting... if you have to go to their homes to register them and then pick them up to go to the polls they shouldnt be voting...

both parties are guilty of this....
0 Replies