The Physics of 911

Glennn

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2017 09:44 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
When you said back few pages that you NEVER heard of Steve Jones, I sorta suspected that you were lying

When you say that I said that I never heard of Steve Jones, I sorta suspected that you were talking out your ass. Why don't you show me where I said such a thing?
Quote:
You claim that thermite was used nd explosives.

You really are a fly-off-the-handle kind of guy, aren't you? Again you are talking out your ass. So once again I'll have to ask you to show me where I said such a thing.

Now let's get into those collapses. The top of the South Tower started tipping, as seen in photos and videos. Now according to Newton and his law of the conservation of momentum, that upper block should have kept tipping on over because there was nothing there to stop the momentum of its rotation. Your thoughts?

And then there's the issue of the tilting top not exerting a symmetrical pressure on the floors and core below, and yet causing all of the forty-seven core columns below to fail and produce a symmetrical collapse; and in freefall style to boot.
Builder

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2017 10:14 pm
@Glennn,
In the video posted last page by camlock, a researcher stated that the radio mast made it all the way to the basement bathtub, virtually intact.

That's an indicator that (a), the service shaft containing the lifts and stairs and services fell before the radio mast, or (b) the 47 columns of the central shaft, and floors below the impact zone were dropping away before the radio mast began to drop.

It was from 0.30 seconds onwards here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wW1Wqx-ojk
Olivier5

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 02:35 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
Its probably a ball of melted cemwnt tht contins shards of metals.

Yeah, that's gotta be it. After all, who would know better, you, or the people in possession of the artifacts? It's a no-brainer, right? You need to give them a call and straighten them out.

The museum email to you, assuming it exists, is not a scientific proof. A staff from the museum is not a scientist. The outside of the thing is civered with NOT MELTED metal an UNBURNT PAPER. Unburnt paper and melted iron don't belong together.

As for the inside of it, how would they know what's inside the thing without a scientific study?
Olivier5

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 02:57 am
@farmerman,
Quote:

Possibly, but one would have to open it up or carrot it to know.. The outer layers of that bowlder cannot have reached more than the Bradbury-famous fahrenheit 451 treshold (230 C) because pieces of unburnt paper can be seen on pictures.

An analysis of the silicates would supposedly tell us what max temperature they reached. The different minerals composing cement and the sand added for concrete all have different melting point in the range 800-1400 C or thereabout, I think.

If there is fully melted cement (not just metamorphic ie compressed and baked, which is how it looks on the surface) at the core of this thing, it could possibly be mixed with melted iron. But it's impossible to tell without an indepth study.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 09:14 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Note that you pointed me to Langewiesche's account. Now that i think of it, his claims of rivers of molten steel" were probably also second-hand

Nowhere did Langewiesche say that he saw firefighters stealing stuff; he implied that they did. However, he does say that he personally saw molten steel below the Towers.
Quote:
But if steel had melt in large quantities, cement would have melt too.

Farmerman said:

"Its probably a ball of melted cemwnt tht contins shards of metals."

You can trust Farmerman, right?
Glennn

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 09:22 am
@farmerman,
Quote:

This is good. Now tell me the temperature at which cement melts.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 09:58 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
The museum email to you, assuming it exists

I said I called the 911 Museum, not emailed them.
Quote:
Unburnt paper and melted iron don't belong together.

Well, which melted metal belongs together with paper?

Now let's get into those collapses. The top of the South Tower started tipping, as seen in photos and videos. Now according to Newton and his law of the conservation of momentum, that upper block should have kept tipping on over because there was nothing there to stop the momentum of its rotation. Your thoughts?

And then there's the issue of the tilting top not exerting a symmetrical pressure on the floors and core below, and yet causing all of the forty-seven core columns below to fail and produce a symmetrical collapse; and in freefall style to boot.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:11 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Nowhere did Langewiesche say that he saw firefighters stealing stuff; he implied that they did. However, he does say that he personally saw molten steel below the Towers.

Where does he personally say so?

Quote:
You can trust Farmerman, right?

If he hasn't examined the thing up close, his opinion is worth as much as anybody else's.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:19 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

I said I called the 911 Museum, not emailed them.

Ah okay so you don't have a paper trail. A phone receptionist's opinion reported second-hand is not worth much. Sorry.

Quote:
Well, which melted metal belongs together with paper?

Mercury.

Quote:
The top of the South Tower started tipping, as seen in photos and videos... Newton.... law of the conservation of momentum.... upper block should have kept tipping... Your thoughts?

My thoughts are that it did keep tipping, as seen in photos and videos.
Glennn

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:55 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Where does he personally say so?

In his reporting for "American Ground," Langewiesche explored the shifting debris with construction workers and engineers . . . He crawled through "the pile" with survey parties and descended deep below street level to areas where underground fires still burned and steel flowed in molten streams.

Do you suppose that the editor at the Atlantic just made up the story. Lanngewiesche was the correspondent from which they acquired the account. Have you heard of a retraction of the article because Langewiesche was unhappy about being misrepresented. Do you think that Langewiesche didn't read the article?

However, Langewiesche did come out and admit that his account of firefighters stealing stuff was secondhand.
camlok

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:55 am
@Builder,
Builder, you have brought up the WTC1 radio tower.

How did it survive the fall and the destruction, but the gigantic Hat Truss that tied the top of the the two towers together and supported that radio tower NOT survive?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:58 am
@Glennn,
It's not a first hand account by Langewiesche saying he saw "streams of molten steel". It's his editor talking. He could have exagerated or misunderstood what Langewiesche said to him.
Glennn

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:03 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
A phone receptionist's opinion reported second-hand is not worth much.

Actually, the phone receptionist called someone to the phone who knew more than her. You can do the same if you care to.
Quote:
Mercury.

Oh, so it is mercury that is seen in the Meteorite. I see.
Quote:
My thoughts are that it did keep tipping, as seen in photos and videos.

But if it did keep tipping, then it went over the edge, which leaves you with the problem of what allegedly crushed the rest of the building.
Glennn

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:08 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
He could have exagerated or misunderstood what Langewiesche said to him.

Sure, that's plausible. The correspondent doesn't say or write anything about steel flowing in molten streams, but the editor decides to just say it out of the blue. There was no retraction or correction of the article. Right . . .
Glennn

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:14 am
@Olivier5,
Richard Garlock is a structural engineer at Leslie E. Robertson Associates. He was in WTC#6, and he said:

"Going below, it was smoky and really hot. We had rescue teams with meters for oxygen and carbon dioxide. They also had temperature monitors. Here WTC 6 is over my head. The debris past the columns was red-hot, molten, running."

I don't see why you have a problem with the people at the 911 Museum saying that the Meteorite artifact contains melted steel. Hell, there was even some in WTC#6 which wasn't even hit by a plane. And I believe there's even a guy who says that there were handguns in vehicles that were completely melted down into blobs of steel in temperatures of like three to four thousand degrees.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:18 am
@Glennn,
Stranger things have happened.
farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:28 am
Ive asked you Truthers several questions nd you just pass em by, I think you have no answers or even know of what youre talking about

1Where were the taggants from 9/11 if it was thermite and explosives initiated?

2Why did Steve Jones fail to submit his QA data to NIST and USGS . He refused to turn over his "field sampling QA and chain-of-custody. Everyone else (USGS,Lamont, U of MICHIGAN, NIST, EPA) all made their QA data out. Is Steve Jones lir? Is that why he ha to separate himself from BYU after the entire Physics and chemistry department denounced his sampling data (He was the one that said there was data indicating thermite)

3 When theJournal of Chemical Physics ran an article of Jones "findings" in 2005, why did the editor resign in disgust? She was a highly respected Physical chemist whose THE expert of melts and crystal growth in non hydrothermal fluids

4 Why didnt Lamont Dougherty show ANY seismic evidence of explosives in the WTC I-VII

5 How come UNM , when it ran experiments on Thermite cutting of HORIZONTAL beams, was unable to account for beam cutting or failure in a manner that would have taken place at WTC. In order to work, the beams had to be weakened significantly (Anybody ever report crews busting out walls an hacksawing beams in the buildings?) . Then, I suppose, theyd have to paint a huge "CRASH PLANE HERE" sign on the side of the buildings so the hijackers would know where to smak into to help out Truther "Theories"

Most all of your data is rehash of crap thats been carefully debunked since at least 2006.

The only people to take credit for the take-down is bin LAdens bunch. I think it would have been waaay more politically damaging to the US for bin LAden to deny responsibility and claim that this was a collusion between Cheney's govt and some other black op outfit trying to take over the country.
(Its so much more easy to tke fdown the country with a crqzy populaist candidate who is slick enough to bamboozle millions)
farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:32 am
@Glennn,
any pictures of this running molten "metal"?
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:35 am
Who all within the US government is aware the they themselves were behind 9/11?
farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:56 am
@thack45,
You realize that all you conspircy nuts are being played by the"Architects and ENgineers for Truth" which i headed up by clown named Steve Jones. Steve was separated from BYU and is sorely pissed at society(Thats just my opinion, like you, I have no proof of that assertion), but absent anything else, it works for me.