The Physics of 911

Olivier5

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 12:58 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
Nobody else can suspend the laws of physics... God is obviously to blame for 9/11.

That would certainly explain the physics-defying collapse of the three WTCs and the pools of molten metals and melted girders in the lower levels. If I were you, that's what I would have gone with, too.

This may come as news to you but I don't actually believe that the laws of physics were broken on 9/11, other than in jest to mock you. That's YOUR trip, not mine... So God is YOUR only refuge, not mine.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 01:03 pm
@Glennn,
The point is that air and (liquid) water don't behave and move around the same way, because one is a gas and the other a liquid.

Similarly, a solid and a liquid won't behave and move around the same way.
Glennn

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 02:26 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
This may come as news to you but I don't actually believe that the laws of physics were broken on 9/11

Sure you do, and I'll prove it. Why don't you explain why you believe that the intact core structure of the WTCs offered no resistance to their collapses, which violates the law of conservation of energy, and I'll see if I can poke holes in your theory.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 02:31 pm
@Glennn,
Maybe because it was not intact...?
Glennn

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 02:48 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
The point is that air and (liquid) water don't behave and move around the same way, because one is a gas and the other a liquid.

Yeah, I recall others explaining to you that your forced-air-forge scenario did not exist in the rubble pile. I, myself, have shown you a video in which a beam situated in a closed environment along with gypsum board, aluminum, steel, diesel fuel, plastic, and crushed concrete was burned for twenty-four hours and yet was not damaged, much less melted. And I assume that you agree that if the guy in the video had put the beam and the fire in a pit and covered it with pulverized concrete, that would not have caused the beam to melt, either.

I have also told you that the fire was only in the upper floors, and that it could not have forced its way through pulverized and compacted cement to make it all the way down into the basement levels where you say it created pools of molten metal and melted girders. Your explanation for this is that "fires are known to spread."
Glennn

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 02:50 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Maybe because it was not intact

Explain.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 03:08 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
You wrote it and here it will sit as a monument to your deductive skills.

Too phunny. He jumps from pillar to post, and only opens his mouth to change feet.

Asks where all the steam is, then says the water was vapourised.

A gaslighting troll is what our Olly is.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 03:40 pm
@Glennn,
You are confusing a forced-air-forge with a bloomery or a smelting furnace. A forge is just a bed of burning charcoal, semi-enclosed. It cannot melt iron because it's only semi-enclosed: there is a wide enough orifice to introduce stuff, and air is pumped in the system. I would guess it reaches about 1000 C. It's used to FORGE iron, not to melt it. It can make iron all red and maleable, but not melt it.

The principle of a smelting furnace is different: it is to enclose quite well, almost totally in fact, a heap of slowly flammable material eg charcoal mixed with iron ore. And then lit the fire. The fire NEEDS to be starved of oxygen because the iron itself is in an oxydated form in the ore, and you want to remove the oxygen from the pure metal. So less O2 pumped in the fire is actually better, in a smelting furnace. Carbon monoxide is the reducing agent of choice for smelting. It is easily produced during the heating process with limitted O2 supply, and as a gas comes into intimate contact with the ore. The point is that you don't need to force air in the system for it to reach 1500 C, the temp that melts iron. A slow burn will reach the same temp as a fast burn, only slower.

Your argument on the north tower does not apply to the south tower (where the fire was at mid heigth), so it's moot. The south tower alone explains the presence of a fire deep into the rubble pile.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 03:46 pm
@Builder,
Your insults are cheap.
Builder

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 04:08 pm
@Olivier5,
As cheap as your theories, Olly.

Where oh where did the "charcoal" for your imaginary bloomery come from?

You dig yourself in deeper with every post you make.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 04:22 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
Asks where all the steam is, then says the water was vapourised.

Yeah, that's what happens when you someone choose to dance, but doesn't really know the steps.
Builder

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 04:52 pm
@Glennn,
As mentioned before, he's not here to discover facts, or talk about evidence.

This video covers many bases. Worth a look. At 10.14, audible explosions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddz2mw2vaEg
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 04:57 pm
@Glennn,
If you guys are not able to discuss this without insulting your opponents, I will have to report you and cut this conversation short. Insults are for little children. Either you can argue your case with facts and logic rather than just sneers and insults, or this stops now.
Builder

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 05:02 pm
@Olivier5,
One of your insults has already been reported, Olly.

You started waaaaay back with ad hom attacks.

We're dealing in facts, and you're presenting personal theories that were debunked by science ages ago.

Olivier5

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 05:10 pm
@Builder,
I'm not the one saying water won't boil at 1500 C. You are.

I'm not the one unable to rationally explain the presence and role of the two planes on that day. You are.

I've made a disproportionate effort to address your intelligence. You chose to respond with hate. 'nuff said.
Builder

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 05:11 pm
@Olivier5,
LOL. More gaslighting.

I'm enjoying this discussion.

Sorry that you're not.
Glennn

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 05:21 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Your argument on the north tower does not apply to the south tower (where the fire was at mid heigth), so it's moot. The south tower alone explains the presence of a fire deep into the rubble pile.

I know that in your mind, the 78th floor was the middle of the South Tower, but that's just hyperbole on your part. You know full well how many stories tall the Towers were. So the point you're making is that, because the South Tower was struck fifteen floors below where the North Tower was struck, the South Tower is the source of the fires you say made their way down through all the pulverized and compacted concrete and into the basement levels where it created pools of melted metal and melted girders that numerous persons testified to seeing.

Also, the fire in the South Tower began going out before the fire in the North Tower. So, what makes what moot?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 05:29 pm
@Builder,
Sure, whatever. Sleep tight.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 05:49 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Well said. There is something fundamentally disgusting about their obsession, indeed.
Quote:
Just checking on the extent of your insanity.
Quote:
What always surprises me is the extent of their obsession with the issue. Why do certain topics (eg the number Pi, the Holocaust, 9/11, etc.) attracts the lunatics?
Quote:
Maybe the "truthers" have finally seen the truth... :-î (tongue in cheeck)
Quote:

Okay so you don't know what you are talking about. I guessed as much. Just another idiot making noize with his mouth.

I didn't go through all the pages, but yeah, you're just as guilty as anyone of throwing around insults.
Builder

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 06:11 pm
@Glennn,
Olly the charmer wrote;

Quote:
He speaks out of his ass. Tragically tunnelled vision, that is. Post: # 6,371,795 •

Just checking on the extent of your insanity. Post: # 6,371,810

Why do certain topics (eg the number Pi, the Holocaust, 9/11, etc.) attracts the lunatics? Post: # 6,372,878

Just another idiot making noize with his mouth. Post: # 6,378,459

Take your prescribed ADHD medication if you need to. Post: # 6,380,920

So you're even more of a wacko than he is. Post: # 6,381,101

You're starting to decompose and smell like a rotten fish.

Pot, kettle, black.