JOhn KERry do you really support him?

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 10:12 am
Quote:
I was as serious as I considered that post to be. The fact that someone would vote for satan before Bush just because he is born again shows something disturbing.

Born-again Christians are scarier than Satan to many people...

After all, satan is a fictional creation, whereas BAC are very, very real.... to many of us, the BAC does far more damage than the fictional Satan ever could...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 11:12 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
I was as serious as I considered that post to be. The fact that someone would vote for satan before Bush just because he is born again shows something disturbing.

Born-again Christians are scarier than Satan to many people...

After all, satan is a fictional creation, whereas BAC are very, very real.... to many of us, the BAC does far more damage than the fictional Satan ever could...

Cycloptichorn

Sorry another place for us to disagree, satan is as real as me or you.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 11:15 am
This argument is for another forum, Religion...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 11:18 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
This argument is for another forum, Religion...

Cycloptichorn

I didn't bring it up I simply replied to other posts.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 11:23 am
bush has, IMO opinion made such a mess of things and his hidden agenda of a theocracy is so dangerous and repugnant that no president can set things right in one or maybe four terms...but it's important to begin, so bush needs to go. I'm voting for Kerry but if he wins I am by no means automatically committed to voting for him in 2008.

You never know, the republican party might one day field a candidate again who's actually a republican.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 11:25 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
bush has, IMO opinion made such a mess of things and his hidden agenda of a theocracy is so dangerous and repugnant that no president can set things right in one or maybe four terms...but it's important to begin, so bush needs to go. I'm voting for Kerry but if he wins I am by no means automatically committed to voting for him in 2008.

You never know, the republican party might one day field a candidate again who's actually a republican.

I only wish the Reagan could come back!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 11:31 am
IMO opinion Reagan was the beginning of the takeover of the republican party by the current monsters........Ford or possibly Nixon was the last republican president in this country...again IMO.....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 12:12 pm
They are all lying, hypocricical, baboons.

Personally, John Kerry scares me more than Bush does. He is way to shady...more shady than Bush and that is really shady.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 12:38 pm
Support him? Yeah.

If by "supporting a candidate" is recognized as merely an affirmation of that which the candidate represents as the best vehicle to bring the nation and world to where I want it to go.

Don't mistake the horse for where it supposed to take you.

I don't go in for cults of personality.

(except for Jerry Garcia)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 01:16 pm
Cyclop wrote:

Quote:
After all, satan is a fictional creation...

Cannister retorted:

Quote:
...satan is as real as me or you...

I guess it is time for me to mention that, from all indications, both of you are guessing.

I certainly do not know if there is a God...and if there is, if that God allows an evil presence to exist....and I strongly suspect neither do either of you two.

But if either of you can offer any evidence in either direction...I'd certainly like to hear it. This is an area I try to explore whenever the opportunity arises.

As to the main question of this thread: I feel as Au does...and while I will not state that feeling as "I would vote for Satan before George Bush..."...I certainly can say that there is nothing that I can see which would ever pursuade me to vote for George Bush. He is a bumbling, moronic incompetent as far as I can see....and my abhorance of him, his administration, and his agenda probably so cloud my mind, I doubt I can truthfully answer the question.

I feel as though I like John Kerry...and want to vote for him because of what he says he will do...but honesty requires that I at least observe that the "abhorance" I mentioned above is a looming presence in my decision.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 01:27 pm
Here are some more lies from the evil one.

BUSH MISLEADS ON INTELLIGENCE FUNDING

In a new campaign advertisement, President Bush accuses Sen. John Kerry, "after the first terrorist attack on America," of voting to "slash America's intelligence operations" with cuts "so deep they would have weakened America's defenses."[1] The accusations made in the ad are false and misleading.

First, the vote in question did not occur, as the ad suggests, after the terrorist attacks of 9/11. The vote took place in 1994, a year after a truck bomb went off in a parking garage beneath one of the World Trade Center towers.[2] For several years prior to 9/11, John Kerry supported increases in intelligence funding.[3]

Also, Kerry never supported "slashing" the intelligence budget. In 1994, as part of an effort to balance the budget, he supported a provision that would have cut the intelligence budget by $5 billion over five years.[4] This amounts to about a 3.7 percent reduction.

Moreover, the implication that Kerry's vote disqualifies him from being in charge of intelligence operations is disingenuous. Porter Goss - who Bush appointed to lead the Central Intelligence Agency - supported far more significant reductions in intelligence resources. In 1995, Goss sponsored a bill that would have cut the staff at the CIA by 20 percent over five years.[5]

Sources:

1. "Bush-Cheney '04 Launches New Television Advertisement, 'Wolves'," GeorgeWBush.com, 10/22/04, http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=3382691&l=64662.
2. "Would Kerry Throw Us To The Wolves?," FactCheck.org, 10/23/04, http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=3382691&l=64663.
3. Ibid., http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=3382691&l=64663.
4. Ibid., http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=3382691&l=64663.
5. "Goss Backed '95 Bill to Slash Intelligence," Washington Post, 08/24/04, http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=3382691&l=64664.

Isn't there an admonition in Bush's religion about lying. He better watch out or it's fire and brimstone for him. .
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 01:39 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Cyclop wrote:

Quote:
After all, satan is a fictional creation...

Cannister retorted:

Quote:
...satan is as real as me or you...

I guess it is time for me to mention that, from all indications, both of you are guessing.

I certainly do not know if there is a God...and if there is, if that God allows an evil presence to exist....and I strongly suspect neither do either of you two.

But if either of you can offer any evidence in either direction...I'd certainly like to hear it. This is an area I try to explore whenever the opportunity arises.

As to the main question of this thread: I feel as Au does...and while I will not state that feeling as "I would vote for Satan before George Bush..."...I certainly can say that there is nothing that I can see which would ever pursuade me to vote for George Bush. He is a bumbling, moronic incompetent as far as I can see....and my abhorance of him, his administration, and his agenda probably so cloud my mind, I doubt I can truthfully answer the question.

I feel as though I like John Kerry...and want to vote for him because of what he says he will do...but honesty requires that I at least observe that the "abhorance" I mentioned above is a looming presence in my decision.

I have no doubt in my mind that they both exist. As far as that being a guess we'll see after we die, if I had to guess I would want to guess the right way. As far as evidence, the bible is a pretty good place to start, but if you don't belive in that then that is your right.
The only reason that I ask if people support Kerry or not is to try and understand why someone would vote against someone instead of for someone. In the town that I grew up in we had an election about 10 years ago that ran a lot like the presidential election this year where most of the people involved didn't want either man but voted to kick the old guy out. 6 months later the new guy was in jail on federal charges. I'm not saying that will happen here at all, just comparing.
I can respect the fact that you don't like Bush and that you at least think that you like Kerry. I felt the same about Clinton, I even voted for the idiot the first time, and I wanted to leave the country if the moron Gore was elected. What I don't respect at all is people who just want to get Kerry in to get Bush out.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 01:41 pm
kuvasz wrote:
Support him? Yeah.

If by "supporting a candidate" is recognized as merely an affirmation of that which the candidate represents as the best vehicle to bring the nation and world to where I want it to go.

Don't mistake the horse for where it supposed to take you.

I don't go in for cults of personality.

(except for Jerry Garcia)

Thank you this is the exact type of response that i was looking for. If you support him more power to you.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 01:45 pm
Cannister

Thank you for your response.

I understand where you are coming from...but I do disagree with you.

Specifically, you wrote;

Quote:
What I don't respect at all is people who just want to get Kerry in to get Bush out.

Well...since the only real, viable alternative to George Bush is Kerry...I have ALL THE RESPECT in the world for the people who will vote for him simply because he is not George Bush.

I think George Bush is not only the dumbest and most incompetent president we've ever had...I think he has managed to assemble an administration that is inherently evil...and, despite their protestations to the contrary...are counterproductive in their efforts to the extend they are seriously endangering our country.

PLEASE...anyone out there who sees Bush for the pathetic, dangerous person he is...and who are laboring over whether to vote for Kerry just because of that...

...PLEASE DO. You will be doing your country and humanity a huge favor.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 01:47 pm
Quote:

I agree, Frank. I've been happily Agnostic for a long time, and don't believe you can prove it one way or the other.

In the absence of such proof, however, we are left with a 'black swan' argument; the burden of proof lies with those who claim that he DOES exist.

Now, while we can argue about the existence of god or satan all day long and get nowhere, Born-again Christians are VERY real and, to many, their self-righteous attitudes represent more of a threat than the concept of the devil himself.

And, back to the thread, yes, I support Kerry; I agree with a lot of his ideas, especially re: the environment, healthcare, and foreign policy.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 01:51 pm
In a 2 party system you can't always vote for the one you want...sometimes you have to vote against the one you don't want...
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 02:00 pm
How dangerous are the born again Christians. There was a program on cable yesterday about a typical born again Christian family. They asked the six year old what happens if you do not follow Jesus Christ. The answer was you are going to hell. That my friend is an example of Christian teaching and tolerance. How far is that from people like that voting for a theocracy and an inquisition for all non believers. Yes, the Born Agains scare the crap out of me. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Note: this was not a ficticious family. The were in the home of a real family.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 02:02 pm
Ask a Muslim child of an extremist what happens when he kills an infidel while blowing himself up...

Far more dangerous than "going to hell"...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 02:07 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Ask a Muslim child of an extremist what happens when he kills an infidel while blowing himself up...

Far more dangerous than "going to hell"...

Apropos of what??????????????
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 02:08 pm
So, Born-again Christians are roughly comprable to... Islaamic Fundamentalists?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies