Republicans challenge 35,000 voter registrations in Ohio

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 12:41 pm
Republicans in Ohio are aggressively challenging voter registrations in the state in the run-up to the November 2 election. On Friday, they challenged about 35,000 registrations, about 14,000 of them in Cleveland's Cuyahoga County.

Ohio GOP challenges 35,000 on voter rolls

Also in Ohio, Justice Department lawyers told a federal appeals court Friday that state Democrats have no right to challenge the state Attorney General's ruling that registered voters can only vote in their proper precinct.

Justice Dept. Weighs in on Ohio Ballots

The ACLU is claiming that some South Dakotans might be disenfranchised on polling day because county officials in the state wrongly rejected their voter registration applications.

ACLU alleges voter registration problem

About 2000 lawyers in Pennsylvania are expected to be observing at the polls on November 2.

Need a Pa. lawyer? Try the polls on Election Day

Colorado, Florida, and Maryland are also in the legal spotlight this weekend in the countdown to the national vote, now less than 2 weeks away.

A Look at Lawsuits Ahead of Election

I'm really curious about the number of legal actions from November 3 onwards now!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,311 • Replies: 39
No top replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 12:49 pm
"Elections officials have found some bogus registration forms with forged signatures and fake names."

That's enough to warrant a review of new registrations, don't you think. Surely no Kerry supporter wants votes from anyone ineligible to do so? Laughing

Yeah, right.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 01:22 pm
This is 'nice' as well:

Florida Has 1.55 Million New Voters

Quote:
Since November 2000, Republicans have increased their numbers by 465,328 while Democrats have added 460,461 new party members, a difference of 4,867 in favor of the GOP.

"I'm shaking my head. To think that out of 1.6 million that there would be less than 5,000 new registrants separating the two parties," said Aubrey Jewett, a University of Central Florida political science professor. "I just can't believe it."
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 05:47 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
This is 'nice' as well:

Florida Has 1.55 Million New Voters

Quote:

"said Aubrey Jewett, a University of Central Florida political science professor. "I just can't believe it."

Then that is her problem, I think that 2000 shows how close in numbers the parties are.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 05:08 am
My solution: end the War on Drugs and establish a War on Fraud on the same day. Every druggie thrown out of prison would be one more cell available for a democrat. The mother rapers and father stabbers would no doubt see that as the neighborhood going down but, hey, who cares what they think?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 09:43 am
Quote:
Every druggie thrown out of prison would be one more cell available for a democrat.

Sheesh, who pissed in your wheaties this morning?

P.s. did someone figure out how to use the 'featured' tag again or what? Lots of new featured topics...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 09:45 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32423

This election is gonna be soooooo ugly... sigh...
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 12:11 pm
anyone screwing around with voting irregularities ought to be hung up by their nuts.

dem or repub., anyone caught lying, cheating, or being just plumb dishonest ought to be beaten in the town square like he stole money from an orphan.

if dems are paying crackheads in crack to register phoney voters, they ought to go to jail.

if gop operatives throw away registration forms for new voters because the voter listed their party affiliation as democrat, they should be thrown in the same cell.

you're not gonna' rape my momma, and you're not gonna' get away with raping my most important civil right.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 12:54 pm
Are we all truly ready to go through the largest litigious American election in the history of this nation?

I doubt it.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 01:01 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Are we all truly ready to go through the largest litigious American election in the history of this nation?

I doubt it.

don't fret dooks. surely scalia will sort it out in the same unbiased way he did in 2000.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 01:12 pm
DTOM:

It may even be worse than that:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6329051/
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 01:53 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
DTOM:

It may even be worse than that:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6329051/

yep. heard about it this morning. latest says that he will be returning. keep fingers, toes and eyes crossed.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:20 am
Walter

I and a friend are on our way to Ohio with video cameras.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 09:25 am
This is becoming quite an issue in Milwaukee as well.

There is a push to print 900,000 ballots for the election in a city where the total population of Milwaukee is: 596,974 in 2000 and 593,920 in 2004 The total number of people who are of legal voting age in Milwaukee in 2004: 423,811

Total votes cast in 2000 fall election: 245,670 Total votes cast in 2002 fall election: 141,351 (pre-registration of 335,889)

The conspiracy theory comes to play when you take into account an eye witness that claims to have observed voter registration fraud:

Quote:
On his 10/5/04 Late Afternoon Show, Mark Belling, talk show host on Newstalk 1130 WISN, conducted a chilling interview of a woman, "Katie," who had witnessed blatant complicity by the City of Milwaukee Election Commission in WISCONSIN DEMOCRAT ELECTION FRAUD.

Belling's interviewee said that she overheard a city of Milwaukee election official encourage a registration operative to FORGE signatures on voter registration applications.

"Katie" related that on or about 10/4/04, she was in the office of the Milwaukee Election Commission. In walked an operative carrying a stack of voter registration applications, asking to file these forms. The applications were not signed by the person who had solicited them.

Katie said that an election commission clerk suggested to the operative just FORGE THE SIGNATURE of the person who had solicited the applications.

Belling also had this to say:

Quote:
An outfit called the "New Voter Project" claims to be nonpartisan but is being bankrolled and staffed by leftists. The organization is already active in Wisconsin and already involved in trouble. Thousands of "voters" registered by this group in the last few weeks have submitted registration forms without the legally required proof of identification. This has forced village and city clerks all over the region to send out notices asking for the information.

Virtually none of the forms sent out by the local clerks to the shady registrants have been responded to. The only plausible explanation for that is that the "voters" not only aren't voters but aren't real people, either.

Here's the method to the New Voter Project madness. In Wisconsin, you can register to vote at the polls on Election Day. You have to produce identification when you register. But sending in a phony registration in advance puts you on the voter list before the election. Already-registered voters don't have to show any identification. By putting perhaps thousands of fake names on the voter lists, it will be possible for fraudsters to show up at the polls and simply claim to be the person who was already "registered."

One former employee of the New Voter Project has told me that many staffers simply took names out of the telephone book to fill out their daily quotas. He quit his job in fear there'd be a criminal investigation.

Now, the New Voter Project is turning in thousands of dubious voter registration forms and the organization is run by a woman who has already been linked to election fraud. Bush better get 52 percent of the actual vote in Wisconsin because at least 2 percent of the Kerry vote is going to come from cheaters.

Now why would there need to be so many ballots in a city that onty has 423,811 people of legal voting age? Eric Holder, a former Clinton Justice Department official who is now on the Democratic party's "Election Task Force," stated: "If every vote is allowed to be cast, and if every vote is counted, John Kerry will be president within a day of that election."

The idea is that New Voter Project is making all of these faulty voter registrations and will simply show up at the polls and ask for a provisional ballot. You don't need an id to vote provisional (You are supposed to prove your identity at a later date). But the democrats will simply file law suits to make sure that every vote is counted no matter if identity is proved or not. There is nothing stopping them from traveling from district to district and casting as many votes as they possibly can. In a close state like Wisconsin a few thousand votes will make all of the difference. They have already begun the process in Ohio.
0 Replies

knnknn

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 12:11 am
I hope that Bush wins by popular vote, but Kerry by electoral (= reversed 2000 result).
That would be poetic justice.

Moreover the counting should go on for weeks (= as in 2000).
That will hopefully result in abolishing the unholy electoral college
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 12:45 pm
if nothing else, that mindbending situation might help to at least move along a transition to a proportional electoral college.

the country's population has shifted around so much in the last 20 years that it is not unusual to find a conservative in hollywood or a liberal in texas.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 10:28 pm
kuvasz wrote:
anyone screwing around with voting irregularities ought to be hung up by their nuts.

dem or repub., anyone caught lying, cheating, or being just plumb dishonest ought to be beaten in the town square like he stole money from an orphan.

if dems are paying crackheads in crack to register phoney voters, they ought to go to jail.

if gop operatives throw away registration forms for new voters because the voter listed their party affiliation as democrat, they should be thrown in the same cell.

you're not gonna' rape my momma, and you're not gonna' get away with raping my most important civil right.

Look at that, we agree on something. Although I can't endorse cruel and unusual punishment like public beatings and hanging by the testicles(Besides, what if the offender is a woman?).

Vote rigging is a foul example of an end justifies the means mentality, and simply because one is certain the other side is doing it, doesn't excuse it.

I feel certain that the mechanics of it are designed and employed at the local levels, but I sometimes wonder to what extend the national campaigns tacitly endorse it.

Until one party builds a much clearer majority of support, I'm afraid this sort of crap will continue.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 10:30 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
if nothing else, that mindbending situation might help to at least move along a transition to a proportional electoral college.

the country's population has shifted around so much in the last 20 years that it is not unusual to find a conservative in hollywood or a liberal in texas.

It's pretty unusual to find a liberal in Texas.

They exist, but they tend to be transplants from the Northeast or West Coast.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 10:32 pm
blatham wrote:
Walter

I and a friend are on our way to Ohio with video cameras.

I can't wait for the documentary. Make sure you interview those corpses who will rise from the grave to vote a straight Democratic ticket.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 10:37 pm
jpinMilwaukee:

I don't know sign language, but is that your monicker being signed? Very cool...
0 Replies