Republicans challenge 35,000 voter registrations in Ohio

knnknn

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 12:45 am
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
if nothing else, that mindbending situation might help to at least move along a transition to a proportional electoral college.

Like they plan in Colorado: "Amendment 36"
http://news.google.com/news?q=Amendment%2036&num=100&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&sa=N&tab=wn
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 06:28 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
It's pretty unusual to find a liberal in Texas.

They exist, but they tend to be transplants from the Northeast or West Coast.

really? we just met a fairly liberal girl from dallas. her name was... oopps! i better not tell you. she may live next door to you !
Laughing
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 09:47 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:

really? we just met a fairly liberal girl from dallas. her name was... oopps! i better not tell you. she may live next door to you !
Laughing

I never said there wasn't one or two misguided natives.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 01:36 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:

Laughing

I never said there wasn't one or two misguided natives.

Laughing
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 08:47 am
Dookiestix wrote:
jpinMilwaukee:

I don't know sign language, but is that your monicker being signed? Very cool...

Yes it is ... and thanks you. I've noticed your own fine avatar work.

If you ever make it out of politics, check out my "avatars for sale" thread in the general forum.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 08:37 am
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&e=2&u=/nm/20041223/ts_nm/poltics_washington_recount

Democrats Win Recount, Court Case in Wash. State

Thu Dec 23, 2:10 AM ET

Quote:
SEATTLE (Reuters) - Seven weeks after 2.8 million people voted to elect a governor for Washington state, the Democratic candidate took the lead by a 10-vote margin in an unprecedented hand recount, election officials said on Wednesday.

Christine Gregoire, who had lost to Republican Dino Rossi in the first two machine recounts, could potentially extend her lead after the state's Supreme Court decided on Wednesday to add more than 700 votes to the final tally.
King County, the largest county that includes Seattle and is a Democratic stronghold, discovered more than 700 ballots that had yet to be counted more than a month after the Nov. 2 election.
Republicans argued in court this week that those ballots were not valid and should not be included in the final tally.
"From day one, this has been about counting every legitimate ballot," Gregoire said in a statement, "The court's unanimous decision is not a boost for me or for Dino Rossi -- it is a victory for the voters."
Rossi, a real estate agent, was named governor-elect nearly a month after a second machine recount narrowed his lead over Gregoire from 261 votes to just 42 out of a total 2.8 million votes cast.
Election officials said that they would announce a final certified result for the election on Thursday, but Republicans had indicated that they would likely challenge the result.
Chris Vance, chairman of Washington state's Republican Party, said the party would fight to include hundreds of votes that were wrongly rejected in other counties.
Neither side has conceded and an extended court battle over the election could mean that the governor's seat will remain unresolved even after the January inauguration. Democratic Gov. Gary Locke, who decided not to run for re-election, would have to remain in office.
After the first two recounts, Democrats agreed to cover the cost of more than $700,000 for an unprecedented hand recount. Under election rules, the state will reimburse the money if the recount reverses the tally.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 01:50 pm
thanks for the good info revel.

saw on the news last night that the storms had finally passed through louisville. well to east and north of you.

so are ya hip deep in the white stuff now?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 01:53 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

saw on the news last night that the storms had finally passed through louisville. well to east and north of you.

I don't know about hip deep but enough deep where a lot of holidays has been put off until next week.

To matters worse, in our house we have all come down with a stomach virus.

Still and all Happy Holidays everyone.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 03:06 pm
revel wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

I don't know about hip deep but enough deep where a lot of holidays has been put off until next week.

bummer ! well here ya go. an ol' east tennessee remedy. ya take a glass, pour in 3 fingers of jack daniels, wave a lemon over it 2-3 times. then drink the contents of the glass.

won't cure what ails ya, but ya won't care ya got it :wink:

no... wait a minute. that's for a cold... guess it couldn't hurt to try it...

now, looka here. y'all get feelin' better and have a great christmas. ya hear ?

dtom
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 06:01 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
revel wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

bummer ! well here ya go. an ol' east tennessee remedy. ya take a glass, pour in 3 fingers of jack daniels, wave a lemon over it 2-3 times. then drink the contents of the glass.

dtom

I think I am one of those people who are allergic to alcohol, it don't take much for me to get drunk and even less to get sick, so I think I will pass on whiskey.

Have you ever had moonshine whiskey. For all the talk about it being such a kentucky thing, the first time I tried it was just a few years ago. I think a person may as well drink gasoline or something as to drink that stuff.

Oddly enough my husband is usually just a beer drinker but someone has turned him onto drinking bloody mary's of all things. It just so seems so girlish to drink those things, I have teased him and told him I would get him a furry pink housecoat and slippers to match maybe add some bubble beads and candles so he can take in the whole experience.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 06:26 pm
revel wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
revel wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

dtom

revel wrote:
I think I am one of those people who are allergic to alcohol, it don't take much for me to get drunk and even less to get sick, so I think I will pass on whiskey.

well, ya know wha they say, "if it don't kill ya, it'll make ta stronger". Laughing

revel wrote:
Have you ever had moonshine whiskey. For all the talk about it being such a kentucky thing, the first time I tried it was just a few years ago. I think a person may as well drink gasoline or something as to drink that stuff.

hahahahaha !! i did try just a li'l sip o' lightnin' when i was about 13. our neighbor was first generation off the farm in henry county, and i used to help 'em with the "tabacky" crop. talk about some back breakin' work. anyway, his pah-pah had a little bit and thought we deserved a treat. jeezzzz. man! i felt like what ever didn't burn up would explode! never toughed it again.

i just remembered my folks bought our first house from a real live "revenuer". great, BIG, tall guy named "dillard" something. he had a whole big trunk full of stuff he picked up from when he used to go "still bustin".

revel wrote:
Oddly enough my husband is usually just a beer drinker but someone has turned him onto drinking bloody mary's of all things. It just so seems so girlish to drink those things, I have teased him and told him I would get him a furry pink housecoat and slippers to match maybe add some bubble beads and candles so he can take in the whole experience.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

if ya get him, uhhh, liberated enough to get a picture of him in a getup like that, i guarantee he will do what ever you want for the rest of your life !!!

jus' don't tell him it was my idea! :wink:
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 08:55 am
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
revel wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
revel wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

dtom

revel wrote:

well, ya know wha they say, "if it don't kill ya, it'll make ta stronger". Laughing

revel wrote:

hahahahaha !! i did try just a li'l sip o' lightnin' when i was about 13. our neighbor was first generation off the farm in henry county, and i used to help 'em with the "tabacky" crop. talk about some back breakin' work. anyway, his pah-pah had a little bit and thought we deserved a treat. jeezzzz. man! i felt like what ever didn't burn up would explode! never toughed it again.

i just remembered my folks bought our first house from a real live "revenuer". great, BIG, tall guy named "dillard" something. he had a whole big trunk full of stuff he picked up from when he used to go "still bustin".

revel wrote:

if ya get him, uhhh, liberated enough to get a picture of him in a getup like that, i guarantee he will do what ever you want for the rest of your life !!!

I know what you mean about tobacco planting being hard back breaking work. My aunts' have tobacco fields and one year when me and my sister were around 13 and 14 they hired us for the summer to help with the planting. The very first day or early five o'clock in the morning, it was already scorching hot out on the fields and my sister just shed her clothing one by one until she was just down to the basics and hoed away where I on the other hand sat down in the middle of the field and balled like a baby and refused to do it anymore. My sister took over my part and earned a lot of money that summer as well as getting a good tan.

I feel so wimpy telling that story today, I honestly hope that if I am made to do something like that again, I handle it better.

As for gittin my husband to dress up like that, what would I wear?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 02:41 pm
revel wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
revel wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
revel wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

dtom

revel wrote:

revel wrote:

revel wrote:

I know what you mean about tobacco planting being hard back breaking work. My aunts' have tobacco fields and one year when me and my sister were around 13 and 14 they hired us for the summer to help with the planting. The very first day or early five o'clock in the morning, it was already scorching hot out on the fields and my sister just shed her clothing one by one until she was just down to the basics and hoed away where I on the other hand sat down in the middle of the field and balled like a baby and refused to do it anymore. My sister took over my part and earned a lot of money that summer as well as getting a good tan.

I feel so wimpy telling that story today, I honestly hope that if I am made to do something like that again, I handle it better.

As for gittin my husband to dress up like that, what would I wear?

uhhh, hmmm... a police uniform ? Rolling Eyes
Laughing Laughing

hey don't feel bad about the 'backy field. that was about 35 years ago for me, and i still wanna cry when i remember it. ooowwwwwchhh!!

y'all startin' ta dig outta the snow yet ?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 04:40 pm
You just keep giving more and more ideas for a different anniversary. thanks.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 09:34 pm
revel wrote:
You just keep giving more and more ideas for a different anniversary. thanks.

Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Richard JS

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 07:02 pm
Has anyone ever talked to a republican????......ask them why they voted for Dumbya..see what kind of bogus response you get...no wonder the red states have the lowest SAT scores..highest divorce rates...the list goes on and on. rushthedruggie, faux for morons have a large audience of rednecks and idiots in the red states. Unbelievable.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 07:41 pm
Whats unbelieveable is the crap folks of the persuasion you appear to espouse find it comfortin' to accept, Richard JS.

Welcome to A2K anyhow.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 02:07 pm
happy new year timber ! ya awright ?

from what we've read on a2k and what i've been able to get out of my conservative friends, it's sort of boils down to the same kinda responses as those given by kerry supporters;

1) george bush is the man for the job, and represents my interests.

2) anybody but kerry.

frankly, i think that the repl. campaign of "a vote for kerry is a vote to be attacked again, in ways that will be devistating to the u.s." probably worked well with people that are truly paranoid and scared.

tell ya one thing, though...

after using that kind of fear mongering for political gain, woe unto george w. bush, cheney et al if the u.s. does take another hit. their remaning term and political futures won't be worth a hill of crawford style beans.

actually, it already looks like they've painted themselves into multiple corners, before even being sworn in for the second term.

that's quite a feat.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 02:48 pm
Happy New Year to you, too, DTOM. I'm doin' just fine, thanks, and hope the same goes for you and yours.

Tell ya what, though - I think you might be very wrong about the effect another attack on the American Homeland might have on public sentiment, should in fact one occur.

While I do not discount the possibility of a successful attack - it is foolish in the extreme to assume one's enemy is incapable of doin' the unexpected - I see such an eventuality becoming ever more remote. Should, however, the unexpected happen, it very much is the nature of The American People to unite in outrage and rally behind their leaders in the face of external threat. Another attack might very well work handsomely to the benefit of The Ongoing Admistration and by extension to the benefit of The Republican Party. Its a lot easier to keep folks thinkin' its nescessary to defend against wolves if from time to time the flock suffers a little wolf damage.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 04:58 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Happy New Year to you, too, DTOM. I'm doin' just fine, thanks, and hope the same goes for you and yours.

Tell ya what, though - I think you might be very wrong about the effect another attack on the American Homeland might have on public sentiment, should in fact one occur.

While I do not discount the possibility of a successful attack - it is foolish in the extreme to assume one's enemy is incapable of doin' the unexpected - I see such an eventuality becoming ever more remote. Should, however, the unexpected happen, it very much is the nature of The American People to unite in outrage and rally behind their leaders in the face of external threat. Another attack might very well work handsomely to the benefit of The Ongoing Admistration and by extension to the benefit of The Republican Party. Its a lot easier to keep folks thinkin' its nescessary to defend against wolves if from time to time the flock suffers a little wolf damage.

naw, i don't discount it either, timber. i think that the odds are that we will experience terrorist mayhem in the future. just seems to be the way the world has worked for the last 30+ years. don't like the idea too much. i'm actually kinda surprised we were spared as long as we were.

as for whether it would benefit the administration or the republican party;

i don't think it would "benefit" anyone. but, i know what you're sayin'.

the problem i have with the republican strategy was the "message" that while "we will most surely be attacked if you vote for the other guy". it just played on a primal fear that i feel was really exploitative.

truthfully, i don't think that bush is anymore or less committed to american safety than any other president would be. that's part of the job.

it's his methods that i don't agree with.
0 Replies