Previous affair, from a previous marriage is claiming to have kids by me. Help !

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2017 01:20 pm
Had a affair over 6 years ago. When I was married to my previous wife. After I left my previous wife the person I had a ongoing affair with and I didn't see each other long after my separation.

I am now remarried very happily and faithful. For close to 3 years and have a baby on the way with the new wife.

The affair woman calls my place of employment yesterday and says I have not 1 but 2 kids with her! And wants me to be a part of there life all the sudden.....

I just don't know what to do, how to tell.my wife , how she will.take it....how to tell.my family

Any help or advice would be great.

jespah

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2017 01:29 pm
@Thomast5,
Job One: insist on DNA testing.
Job Two: Get a lawyer. Learn what you will need to do if the roll of the dice comes up as baby daddy for at least one of them.
Job Three: Talk to your wife. Explain there is a possibility but you are checking and that you will do the right thing if required to, as the child(ren) is/are innocent.

Do all of these things at more or less the same time. That is, don't leave your wife hanging while you wait for the results of a DNA test or for a lawyer to call you back. Tell your wife so she's not blindsided if it turns out you are the daddy and even if you're not, so she knows what you have been dealing with emotionally.
0 Replies

Tiger81

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2017 01:30 pm
@Thomast5,
First you get paternity tests done.
0 Replies

Thomast5

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2017 01:37 pm
Just so blindsided by all this....

Thank you for the advice so far.

Just wondering how my wife will take this news...we have a great relationship and a baby on the way
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2017 01:56 pm
@Thomast5,
Your wife will take it best if you let her in on it right now. The longer you wait the more she will resent being treated that way.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2017 08:17 am
Could you explain how she has TWO children with her that you claim you didnt know about?
chai2

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2017 10:30 am
@PUNKEY,
Twins
0 Replies

Iouman

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 10:08 am
@Thomast5,
What else do you know about these 2 children? Do the children have your name? (Last name)?
0 Replies