I told an ex joke to my girl friend which made her mad. What can I do now?

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2017 11:05 am
Ok tonight I made an ex joke to my girl out of nowhere. So my girl's ex's name is "Eden". I made fun of it " Garden of Eden" if you're familiar of it it's in the Bible. The name is just too funny for a dude to not make fun of. Also, he was a douche for cheating on her with her bestfriend and choosing her bestfriend over her cause hes more into the bestfriend and i dont get the **** why he didnt date the bestfriend in the first place if he's more into the bestfriend. It irritates me to think about it, that he did hurt my girl that way, cause my girl admitted to me that she hurt her feelungs for that douche and cried while drinking vodka overnight i was there cause she was talking to me while she was drunk not personally but via text. But still, you can feel her pain that she was hurting cause she was saying that she really liked that douchebag and i don't understand why some women would date that kind of men, that is you know, shitheads. I don't know why they can't see through that some men are just full of **** and they deserve so much better than to be treated like crap. I really like this girl tho, we're not official or anything but she is very special to me and she said I am too for her. So ya, I joke about it sometimes but tonight she just got mad at me for it, calling me annoyingly immature because of it. Cause i was bringing up the past and making a joke out of it. I just don't understand cause I thought they weren't that serious cause she told me so, that they just dated for a couple of months so they weren't official or serious at all. But I don't get why she was suddenly mad at me about it, about a stupid ex joke. So I said:

Me: "I'd rather go in a garden this valentines day"
Her: "Ohhhh garden agaiiiiiiiiiiiiin, idk if ur obsessed wth garden or what"
Me: "Ya I am, garden of weed, is that bad?"
Her: "Oh im obsessed with u tho, is that bad?"
Me: "Like when u were obsessed with a garden bfore? Orrr?"
Her: "im never obsessed wt a garden, why are u making up stories?"
Me: "oh really, I thought a garden hurt ur feelungs once, ahhh 8("
Her: "ok i dont want to talk to u anymore, ur annoying pfft"
Me: " ok my bad, told u i was annoying"
Her: " you are and sometimes u dont know what ur saying anymore, cause its not funny"

And so on, ofcourse i wanted to explain my side so i kept replying to her arguments or what she says and she got mad about it like she told me: " i don't want to talk to you today."
So i don't know what should I do? Why is she acting like that? Why does it sound like she is hurting still? Cause I thought exes or past arent suppose to bother u anymore unless there is still something there. And yes, I did apologize right after she got mad. Help.

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2017 11:53 am
@Arthxy33,
Just a word of advice. Posting the same thing more than once will not increase responses. The same people will see this post as saw your earlier identical post. You can tag the post with multiple tags so it will appear under multiple forums. I would suggest that next time rather than multiple posts. Just a helpful hint.
Arthxy33

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2017 12:14 pm
@CoastalRat,
I wanted to edit the title to the first post but it's not letting me do it so yeah. But yeah ok thanks
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2017 02:16 pm
@Arthxy33,
Here is another piece of advice, never talk crap about a girl's ex, no matter how much she might talk bad about him herself, never join in and definately don't add to it.

Here is why. She liked him at one time, may even still have some feelings lingering. If you make fun of her ex, you are making fun of her feelings at the same time. It does nothing but make you look bad.

I know you think you are better if a person than her ex but never talk about it or state it. She needs to "feel" it, not be told.

Essentially you were being annoying because she clearly didn't understand the joke. Or shes already heard it and it's no longer funny.

I got annoyed reading it and I'm not even part of it.
centrox

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2017 02:28 pm
@Arthxy33,
Arthxy33 wrote:
she just got mad at me for it, calling me annoyingly immature

I think she has a point.
Arthxy33

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2017 09:26 pm
@Krumple,
Yeah, I shouldn't have done that. I just didn't realize it would be that much of a big deal since you know it was a stupid guy. But yeah ig it still does matter cause he once was a part of her life. To be honest, I don't think I'm better than that dude or anything at all I just wanted to let her know that he's not worth it you know to be sad about or to be hurt about cause he was the one who broke her heart without even thinking twice. Yeah, I am really annoying, but I guess this time i was out of line. Hopefully everything will work out fine soon. Thanks
0 Replies

Arthxy33

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2017 09:27 pm
@centrox,
Thanks
0 Replies