Women are more emotionally intelligent than men.

Zedd

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 03:53 pm
Having quickly skimmed all the posts, I would say that the topic we are dealing with here isn't Emotional Intelligence (EQ); instead we are dealing with looking at the biological and evolutionary points of view of male and female.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 03:58 pm
Zedd wrote:
Having quickly skimmed all the posts, I would say that the topic we are dealing with here isn't Emotional Intelligence (EQ); instead we are dealing with looking at the biological and evolutionary points of view of male and female.

Feel free to clarify and elaborate. I think it would add something to the conversation.
0 Replies

JamesMorrison

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 03:40 pm
Zedd has made a good point about the evolutionary aspect of gender views towards sex. Organisms must look at the economic consequences of their actions. This aspect has, over at least millions of years, been reinforced and incorporated into the organism's genome. One need only ask the question: Which gender has the most at stake regarding human reproduction?

Males typically make and, upon ejaculation, deliver millions of sperm. Their sexual reproductive role is then complete. The female usually presents, naturally, not more than one or two eggs for fertilization. What then follows is generally a 9 month gestation period for the fetus, but the new organism depends on the singular support of the female during this period. The female "genes" that we find today exist solely because they were more reproductively successful than others ...period. Not because they are somehow "better".

These genes, generally, cause the female to carefully consider who she should mate with. That is why good looking (healthy), kind (more apt to stick around), wealthy men (good "providers") are at a premium in the selection process. If a female is to invest 9 months in a parasitic relationship with a fetus or two, she wants to be sure it has been well worth the time and resources she has invested. The above considerations, of course, do not insure a successful relationship with the male post coitus but, certainly, the opposite male attributes insure even less so.

Nowadays we find that Birth Control pills and other devices remove a lot of the concern with female resource allotment. Some think that this has allowed more sexual promiscuity, but studying the history of sex calls this simplistic conclusion into question. Some women seem generally interested in sexual intercourse simply because they find it quite enjoyable. It is purely subjective.

Many have said that the brain is the main sexual organ and the studies involved in this investigation are quite interesting but, perhaps, a subject for a different thread.

Respectfully,

JM
0 Replies

-I-1-2-No-U-

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 09:08 am
Re: Women are more emotionally intelligent than men.
alikimr wrote:
As a" starter", most women must be in love, or at least have a very
strong attachment, or feeling, for someone before she goes to bed with
that person....whereas, a man just hops aboard without too much
provocation, even with a girl he never met before .
Etc., Etc., Etc.,........
What is the opinopn of some of our intelligentsia.....are women more emotionally intelligent ,and show it, while men prefer to hide their abundance of emotional intelligence?

OBSERVATIONAL SCIENCE HAS DEMONSTRATED THAT BOTH POSSIBILITIES ARE APPLICABLE TO MEN AND WOMEN

DIFFERENCES IN THESE POSSIBILITIES ARE THE RESULT OF HIGHER OR LOWER PERCENTAGES
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 11:12 pm
er, where are you all getting these ideas?

quoting -
"As a" starter", most women must be in love, or at least have a very
provocation, even with a girl he never met before."
E

Let me just say that things are much more complicated than that, and that I think that is all to the good.
0 Replies

-I-1-2-No-U-

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 09:17 am
Are men not just as likely as women to act out these tendencies that you have outlined?
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 09:40 am
JM's post, while being idyllic, and ideologically 'attractive', is i believe, unfortunately, naive.

There is much talk about the brain being the main organ in sexual behaviour, but the point that is missed, is that the brain operates on two levels (on a good day!); the intellectual level where data is processed through a series of tests and decision making 'programs' in order to decide the best course for the individual; and the visceral level, where the hard wiring of our genetic history will force 'snap' decisions, on how to behave in a given situation.
Frequently which method is used, to decide momentous life altering decisions, is dictated simply by the 'time' available to make that choice; little time means resorting to 'default' thinking which comes directly from our primitive past.

I would suggest that emotional maturity is inevitably tied to intellectual stability, and one's ability (male or female) to give rational thought to the choices that will shape and govern your life.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 10:55 am
In the end though, for both men and women, the most important thing in the bedroom is an ability to 'multi-task'.
0 Replies

manly meat

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 12:13 pm
FEMINIST!!!
RE: As a" starter", most women must be in love, or at least have a very
What is the opinopn of some of our intelligentsia.....are women more emotionally intelligent ,and show it, while men prefer to hide their abundance of emotional intelligence?

Why i otta come across the harbour ant tell you off face to face!!! Mad

You feminists think your sooo smart! well a man dosent care only because if he gets involved with a woman its -$110 000 for them and another -$123 000 if he gets a divorce!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 12:43 pm
manly_meat, with only 5 posts, I am already seeing a disturbing pattern. Tone the rhetoric down a notch, tell us about yourself.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 10:55 pm
RE: As a" starter", most women must be in love, or at least have a very

Oh, really?
0 Replies

chris56789

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 01:23 am
Woman more emotional intelligent than men????!?!

Have you seen GAY MEN and how emotional they can get? They put straight women to shame.
0 Replies

WindWip

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 02:36 am
Emotionally intelligent?
Why tie up emotions and sex. The two can be parted easily, but women in general seem to think that the two are one and the same. This is also the case with men, but not nearly to the same level.

Look at the basics. Humans have urges. Sex feels good. A relationship is a different matter. STDs are a different matter. Safety in general is a different matter. Those are all reasons for concern, but they are not a reason for mixing the two together.
If you want a relationship, then you should worry about emotions. If you want just sex, then don't.
0 Replies

Thalion

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 04:48 pm
Women can be more emotional than men, but often I would say in unintelligent ways. Being overly emotional and getting mad or upset over outrageous things isn't something I'd call "intelligent."
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 09:46 am
I am not an intellectual, but the subject is interesting so I want to respond.

I think on the whole women have to have some kind of emotion in order to feel desire for someone. I think for men it is more physical. At least that has been my observation in my own life and with people I know.

For instance with me and my husband we have kids around a lot and when we have the rare moment when they are not around my husband is also home, right away my husband is in the mood just because we have the opportunity. He has to joke and start getting me in the mood.

That is interesting that someone brought up that gay men put straight women to shame. If that is true then maybe it is more biological than learned.

But as far as women in general more emotional than men, I am not sure that is true. I am emotional and the reason I believe things tends to be for emotional reasons, but I don't think that necessarily means that most women are that way.
0 Replies

Thalion

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 02:49 pm
At least at my age (I'm 15), it seems as if most people of both genders lack any emotionality of any kind and it is nothing more than physicality. What girls do tends to absolutely baffle me; I'm sure there are guys that do the same thing to girls. I am unable to comprehend why some people are with the people they are while others have no luck. As far as I can see, with almost everyone, the quality of who you are does not matter at all in the end; in fact, a girl might like a guy who ignores her more than a guy who sincerely cares for her, presumably for no other reason than that she can't get phsically bored with someone that pays no attention to her. I might be wrong; I would hope that actually. But again, by large, both genders seem to lack any emotion at all at this age, and God knows what they actually care about; it is beyond my comprehension.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 08:38 pm
Well that was a truly sad post coming from a fifteen year old. But you are right about girls picking the "bad boy." At least it was when I was young--oh so long ago.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 08:46 pm
Thalion, you're just finding out how women think!

As a guy, if you come across to a girl as very "clingy," calling her constantly, telling her right away how much you like her, what happens is you bore the girl because you're not presenting anything exciting to her.

It's not that a girl WANTS to date a real jerk, it's just that the guys who are cocky act more indifferent than the "nice guy," and it just makes the girl more attracted to him.

Even if you're a "nice guy," you can still work on being confident and fun around girls, rather than being overbearing.
0 Replies

Thalion

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 03:53 pm
Exactly what happened to me.
0 Replies

Thalion

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 04:22 pm
In my opinion, girls are incredibly immature to see things that way. To them, nothing matters other than feeling special for that instant when they get attention from someone; it doesn't matter who. After a while, they get bored. That is insulting. It is better to not care; it is better to be a jerk. She liked her last boy friend so much when he ignored her for 7 months, and she left me after 2 for actually caring for her. I refuse to play these sick mind games where I act like I don't want to see someone I love; if I act that way, I don't really love her and she doesn't love me; she only wants the attention. I sincerely cared about her, and somehow I managed to not give her space when we didn't see each other for weeks at a time, and when we did see each other, she practically ignored me. I managed to "crowd" her by simply making her feel secure. I refuse to intentionally make someone feel insecure. I will not be a jerk on purpose, yet that is what it takes. Will girls ever grow up? This sickens me. And yes, I realize how pessimistic I am, but I believe it to be true. This has happened with my last two girl friends. For now I forsake actually caring for someone if doing so means only my pain in the end and letting her go on a short ego-trip when she wants to feel special.
0 Replies